DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cadsuane and Tam

Ozzie_aiel

Is it just me or would Tam make a brilliant Warder for Cadsuane?

He's solid, dependable, a blademaster, not bad at tactics and has shown he wont be pushed around in a rather polite way (not shouting). Plus it'll be another string to tie to Rand, and a reason for tam to stay around his son.

They've challenged each other - the strongest and most fruitful relationships start that way. And the most interesting too. Wouldn't it have been drearily boring if they'd started out with "gee you're nice I really like you you're so sweet"?  :P

Don't you think she's a bit old for him?  ;D

Seriously, Tam's a lovely man. I wouldn't imagine Cadsuane's too easy on the eye either. Tam deserves someone nicer than that, he's been a widower what, about 15-20 years? Maybe Alanna - bit of fire in her, she's pretty, needs a bit of looking after too. Once she releases Rand from the bond, obv. That'd just be weird.

No! I have it, Leane!

Tam isn't a spring chicken either. And I thought we were talking Warder / Aes Sedai relationship, not romantic?

Alanna is a demanding, spoiled princess ... Cads is a mature woman who is trying to do what is best for the world. Which one do you think would be better for Tam?  :P

Alanna's not that bad.

I'm saying, the man's been pretty much without any cuddles for donkey's years, if y'all think he should be running around doing what an AS tells him, well I think he should get some fun out of the arrangement ;D

Remember what Mat thought about Jaem - warder to Vandene/adeleas, can't remember which - 'worked you til you were skin and bone, and probably worked your bones after you died' or words to that effect!

And while Tam would be great for Cadsuane, I just don't think she'd be that great for him. As warder, it'd be a constant battle with her if he didn't agree with a course of action. And she'd prob expect him to obey without all the facts, just cos she thinks something's important. He'd be gaining a lot of stress in his life to go with the extra strength.

And you think Alanna would be any better? At least with Cads Tam would know that she's not being that way because she's a selfish pretty girl.

Besides, I have a suspicion that Tam is the kind of man who'd enjoy a more challenging situation, provided it's for the greater good, not for selfish reasons. Some people enjoy spice more than sugar  ;D

Oh and just to be clear - I love Alanna ... lol ... even though I think she's a brat  ;D

I actually do think Alanna would look after her warders better than Cadsuane.

As for the age thing, Tam's what, mid fifties? Caddy must be 304 or something!

It's just that he's a great guy, the Last Battle is coming, he should get to have some fun. 

Tam would be like Lan, Lan followed Moiraine because he believed in the cause, not simply because he was her warder. When they did disagree, Lan always spoke up. I can't believe it'll be any different with Cadsuane and Tam.

As for the age difference, well, Aes Sedai live for about 300 years, but no one has ever asked if warders get the same longevity.

And hey, after the Last Battle, Cadsuane can have the Oaths removed, and shed look younger than Tam

Ok, maybe Alanna wasn't the best alternative choice, but my point is her Warders might have *benefits* with their servitude, rather than having a hatchet-faced old biddy to look at every day!

That said, I could see Tam signing up in order to keep manners on her and to supervise her interaction with Rand.

Tam wouldn't make a good Warder, no.  When a man becomes a Warder, he ceases to be a man.  He becomes a dog.  A handy hound no doubt, but a hound none-the-less.  He is an Aes Sedai's property, no different between the relationship between the Blood and Da-covale (sp?) in the Seanchan Empire.  I don't doubt that there are some marked historical differences where an Aes Sedai and her Warder were more like man and wife and not on a purely sexual level as with Myrelle (spelling?) and her Warders.

The only Aes Sedai-Warder relation that I consider to have been purely a meeting of equals was Lan and Moiraine.  They were soldiers in the same unit, the Bond was simply another weapon there to be used.  Notice that Moiraine would never have used the Bond to compel Lan (except one one matter, where I personally disagreed with her.. but there it is).  Other Ases Sedai however treat this act of the stealing of a man's free will to be nothing other than a technique for training a hound.

I think this relatinoship will change however, with the Asha'man and Aes Sedai interaction.  But Cadsuane truly is Aes Sedai to the bone.  Tam wont willingly submit himself to Cadsuane or any woman in this fashion.

@wantanswers: I agree with you completely, I'd say he's the first person, never mind man, to stand up to Cadsuane in a very long time. It's a wonder she didn't keel over with the shock. I'm sure he'd be the very best warder for her.

However, I think he's too great to have to endure her. I mean, come on, how long has it taken her to treat Nynaeve as any more than a child?

Archived