DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Parts Have Made You Get..THE MADDEST..at a Character in The Series So Far??

For Me, Here Are Mine:

1 The way The 3 Supergirls treated Mat after he just rescued their sorry tails from The Stone in Book 3/TDR ... Took me a LONG TIME to forgive Avi, Min and Birgitte.

2 Rand not being able to take down Lanfear inorder to save Moiraine in FOH because he didn't want to hurt a ''woman.''

3 Faile...pretty much anytime she moved or spoke in Book 4/TSR.

4 What Nynaeve did to Lan in book 11/The Golden Crane - even though I understood and I adore Nyn.

5 **************The Way Dark Phoenix Rand treated POOR HURIN in TGS :((((((((((((((

6 Any of the main characters for failing to figure out INSERT JUST ABOUT ANYTHING HERE when it is right in front of their face, LOL!!!

What are some of YOURS???

Fish

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Supergirls ungreatfulness after Tear rescue.

2. Cadsuane - her first meeting with Rand.

3. Berelain (especially during the Faile/Berelain/Perrin triangle)

4. Morgase for going to the Whitecloaks

5. Tuon for disregarding basically everything Matt says (Trollocs and ta'veren are prime examples).

6. Cadsuane - her treatment of Tam.

By far, Faile.  Gawd, I despise that woman, especially after hitting/slapping/insulting Perrin over and over again in TSR.  In later volumes, she's a conniving manipulator.  There's one scene (I think TPOD), where Faile looks forward to a "splendid argument" with Perrin.  Evil woman, evil ways.

Cadsuane irritates me with her condescension towards...well, everyone.  I was so glad Tam stood up to her in TGS, great scene.

Egwene's constant insulting of Rand from TSR through LOC.  How many times did she call him a "wool-brained idiot?" Get over yourself.

And now the male characters that have irritated me...

Gawyn-through one rumor, he blames and hates Rand for killing his mother, even though he only has one rumor to go by.  I actually liked Egwene in this scene in LOC, asking Gawyn to stay his hand while she can prove that Rand did not kill Morgase.

Lan-threatening Mat in ACOS for thinking Mat was bullying Nynaeve.  Puh-leeeeaze

Davram Bashere-threatening Perrin in LoC.  Grow up.

Taim-his extreme arrogance in every scene.  Cannot wait to see him taken down a few pegs.

I actually like most of the characters on this list, with the exception of Faile and Cadsuane.  I think Cadsuane might not survive TG, but I wonder if Faile will.

Basically whenever anyone says something like this - we need to control the dragon reborn he needs a leash/guidance blah blah blah! i get so angry at that it basically caused Darth Rand and then they are all like wow hes so suspicious and angry or unfeeling. WELL DUH! stupid AS!

1.Elayne not feeling guilty for Vandene and company being slaughtered due to her rashness and lack of intelligence because of Mins viewing. Every told her not to rush them and there could be more then 2 but because of Mins viewing she almost ruined Andor. She feels sad, but not guilt.

2. Egwenes treatment of Nynaeve and wanting to punish her for running off with Rand. Its like shes still jealous of Nynaeve.

1 The way The 3 Supergirls treated Mat after he just rescued their sorry tails from The Stone in Book 3/TDR ... Took me a LONG TIME to forgive Avi, Min and Birgitte.

Avi was taking part in the Aiel's taking of the Stone Min was on her way to Tar Valon, and Birgitte was in Tel'aran'rhiod.  As far as I know Mat gets along decently with Avi, is good friends with Birgitte, and hasn't even spoken to Min (ever!).  I think you're looking for Egwene, Elayne, and Nyneave.  Even though Nyneave finally defended his actions in TGS and regretted leaving him behind in Ebou Dar, she never apologized for anything to his face.  The other two are worse.  That scene still irritates me today.

In Knife of Dreams Rand shows that he is aware of the existence of the True Power, like he knew what it was. Yet in TGS after he channeled it, even after he found out it was Ishamael he is connected to, he still called it the unnamed or unknown power. It just annoyed me when Rand didnt make that connection.

Also, I was mad at pretty much everyone involved at the Cleansing for more or less completely forgetting about the woman who channeled saidin. It was simply brushed off as being the Dark Ones work and never mentioned again really.

And Im mad at Gawyn, Elayne, Min, Alanna and Faile because none of them have died yet.

This is a great thread, I'm getting mad all over again just reading some of this!!!

The reaction to Mat's rescue of the WG's.

Elayne and Nyn's reaction to finding out what is REALLY happening in Tylin's room. One second they're spitting flames of hatred and apology-withdrawel, the next chuckling at the (reversed) situation. Fine, it is funny having the tables turned on a playboy (or girl), but virtually no change in attitude to Tylin. Hypocrites, hate 'em.

Egwene's pompous speech(es) at the end of TGS. I'd pay a woman to go slap her!

Faile admonishing Perrin (in her POV) when lording it in the Manor. Oh dear, Perrin is shirking his responsibilites, bad man. Nothing wrong with me running away from my home, where as oldest I am or will be responsible for running the place.

Egwene going all hardcore on Nyn, for lying. While busy lying to the WO's about going into The Dream without them. Having a fit and ripping her and Elayne a new one, because they were about to blab in front of the WO's.

I actually dislike (hate, loath...) Egwene more than Faile.

Tollieman: THANKS!!! :-)

Sid: You are correct, sir! My bad. Out of the SIX Super Girls I typoed the wrong 3 lol ... It was indeed Elayne, Egwene and Nynaeve ...... not Birgitte, Avi and Min.

BeerPatriot: I LOVE Your Post here, I just disagree with just about ALL of it, LOL!!! ;)

Let me dig in to it :)

By far, Faile.  Gawd, I despise that woman, especially after hitting/slapping/insulting Perrin over and over again in TSR.  In later volumes, she's a conniving manipulator.  There's one scene (I think TPOD), where Faile looks forward to a "splendid argument" with Perrin.  Evil woman, evil ways....I do agree with you on THIS one - 100% - LOL!!!

Cadsuane irritates me with her condescension towards...well, everyone.  I was so glad Tam stood up to her in TGS, great scene....Sorry, Im a BIG Cadusane Sedai fan - one of the few, I know, lol. HOWEVER - I also DID loathe her disgusting, bullying actions towards Tam.

Egwene's constant insulting of Rand from TSR through LOC.  How many times did she call him a "wool-brained idiot?" Get over yourself....Egwene irritated me alot too until KOD.TGS, but not TOO bad.

Gawyn-through one rumor, he blames and hates Rand for killing his mother, even though he only has one rumor to go by.  I actually liked Egwene in this scene in LOC, asking Gawyn to stay his hand while she can prove that Rand did not kill Morgase....I have to admit, I agree with Brandon Sanderson's defense of Gawyn.

Lan-threatening Mat in ACOS for thinking Mat was bullying Nynaeve.  Puh-leeeeaze ... Well, he was defending his wife. Hes a Man's Man.

Davram Bashere-threatening Perrin in LoC.  Grow up.... Well, he was defending his daughter. Hes a Man's Man.

Taim-his extreme arrogance in every scene.  Cannot wait to see him taken down a few pegs.....Taim?? I LOVE This Arrogant Bas!ard, LOL!!!

FISH

Drekka Mort:

Also, I was mad at pretty much everyone involved at the Cleansing for more or less completely forgetting about the woman who channeled saidin. It was simply brushed off as being the Dark Ones work and never mentioned again really....HuH??? You mean Nynaeve?

And Im mad at Gawyn, Elayne, Min, Alanna and Faile because none of them have died yet....LOL!!! Well...except for Elayne. She has REALLY Grown, imo.

Fish

Also, I was mad at pretty much everyone involved at the Cleansing for more or less completely forgetting about the woman who channeled saidin. It was simply brushed off as being the Dark Ones work and never mentioned again really....HuH??? You mean Nynaeve?

No, Halima/Aran'gar. Unless you are asking if it was Nyn who brushed it off.

Lambada:

1. Supergirls ungreatfulness after Tear rescue.

2. Cadsuane - her first meeting with Rand.

3. Berelain (especially during the Faile/Berelain/Perrin triangle)

4. Morgase for going to the Whitecloaks

5. Tuon for disregarding basically everything Matt says (Trollocs and ta'veren are prime examples).

6. Cadsuane - her treatment of Tam. ... I Agree about Supergirls...I actually LOVED Cadsuane Sedai the first time with Rand. He really needed to have his head deflated a bit at that point, imo.....I actually get a kick out of Berelain/Perrin/Fail/ Their antics in TSR cracked me up. Also, I am a big fan of The First of Mayene....Morgase's hands were REALLY tied there - cut her some slack...Tuon was annoying to me at first but I quickly grew to love her :)

Nae Bliss

Berelain- constant pusuit of my good buddy Perrin

Faile- ... her name says it all, FAIL!

LTT- being crazy JK

Supergirls- being ingreats toward Mat all the time ..... I agree about the Supergirls. I like Crazy LTT too, lol ... Agree about Fail ... I am a BIG Fan of Berelain! :)

YoniyO ... Egwene's little outburst at Rand in Rhuidean after Moiraine had lost her calm and used the Source to beat him. ... Agree.

Fish

farthammer: Well all the big ones are taken or will be soon, so probably that scene where Lan calls Rand an arrogant boy because he was right about it. ... That was touchy, I agree. But he was defending his Aes Sedai. I got it.  

Mardy

Basically whenever anyone says something like this - we need to control the dragon reborn he needs a leash/guidance blah blah blah! i get so angry at that it basically caused Darth Rand and then they are all like wow hes so suspicious and angry or unfeeling. WELL DUH! stupid AS! ... I agree with EVERY Word of this!!!  

Ataxia

1.Elayne not feeling guilty for Vandene and company being slaughtered due to her rashness and lack of intelligence because of Mins viewing. Every told her not to rush them and there could be more then 2 but because of Mins viewing she almost ruined Andor. She feels sad, but not guilt. ... I agree on this.

2. Egwenes treatment of Nynaeve and wanting to punish her for running off with Rand. Its like shes still jealous of Nynaeve.[/b]...I agree. Weird attitude.

Fish

Well all the big ones are taken or will be soon, so probably that scene where Lan calls Rand an arrogant boy because he was right about it.

Lol actually I meant that from the other way, when I thought about Rand's age and how young he was compared with some of the things that were flying out of his mouth at the time.  Pretty infuriating to see in real life, like  a pet peeve.

I am pretty mad because Egwene hasnt died yet, since LoC she has been the worst (although she has been alright in tGS, lets hope she can continue the good work)

Faile, well, everyone hates her, but to me, she isnt even worth the annoyance, she has basically no real importance (except to Perrin, and helping him gain the Broken Throne) but not int the way of actual power like Egwene, who is queen of AS.

In all seriousness now.

I have no idea why this hasnt been brought up, but I was super annoyed at White Tower embassy when they took Rand and beat him an suchlike. I was mad at all of them. Specially Erian. (What the hell did she expect, she just tossed Rand in a Box and captured his lover, of course he would kill warders trying to escape, stupid woman.)

Anything at all Elaida did.

Egwene being a little b***h to Mat when he got his people to kneel to her as Amyrlin, as a nice gesture, then she went and used him.

Rand being a fool in tGH refusing to aknowledge anything (understandable, but still annoying)

Fain ALWAYS turning up trying to ruin everything.

Anything at all to do with Whitecloaks up until Galad became Captain Commander.

Egwene being mad at Rand because the BT bonded AS, come on... they tried to basically kill them all by way of gentling... They got what was comming to them.

On that note, Rand being angry with Logain all the time when he is only helping.

Egwene being a little b***h to Mat when he got his people to kneel to her as Amyrlin, as a nice gesture, then she went and used him.

Read that part again, she was actually grateful. I'm actually waiting for Mat to finally show his maturity to Egwene and Nynaeve, they still remember him as the prankster and he's now become the greatest character ever. It had better be hilarious.

Anything at all Elaida did.

On that note, Rand being angry with Logain all the time when he is only helping.

Agreed x2.  :D

• Any instance where Elayne opens her mouth.
  • Any scene involving Min prior to Semirhage's death.
  • Elayne demanding Mat's medallion and then trying to steal his men when he refuses. Then later calling him her vassal.
  • Egwene not telling anyone (Gawyn and Gareth) that Gaebril was actually Rhavin.
  • 60% of Dark Rand's actions.
  • Elayne's second letter to Rand upon leaving the Stone.
  • Aes Sedai being children. Nynaeve/Cadsuane/Egwene together may not be enough to fix them now.
  • Elza killing Daigan. She was on my top 5 'old' Aes Sedai list. Elza deserved more than balefire.

Quote from: Barid Bel Medar on Today at 08:22:52 PM

Read that part again, she was actually grateful. I'm actually waiting for Mat to finally show his maturity to Egwene and Nynaeve, they still remember him as the prankster and he's now become the greatest character ever. It had better be hilarious.

Yeah, your right, but she still used him  >:( hahaha.

I agree with your second point, he is going to blow them away  :D

The only bad thing I thought Rand did in his "dark" stage was balefire castle and nearly kill Tam. For the rest, I liked him haha and those things only made me sad for him, not really angry.

The only bad thing I thought Rand did in his "dark" stage was balefire castle and nearly kill Tam. For the rest, I liked him haha and those things only made me sad for him, not really angry.

Weird, to me that first one actually made sense and he a very legitimate reason to do it. I wholeheartedly agree about Tam though. I guess I meant 60% of what he said to other people. (Especially Hurin)

Egwene going all hardcore on Nyn, for lying. While busy lying to the WO's about going into The Dream without them. Having a fit and ripping her and Elayne a new one, because they were about to blab in front of the WO's.

YES YES YES!  A thousand times YES.  I'd like her character so much more if she'd explained her situation to Nyn (even after she started bullying her).  Nyn wouldn't have gotten her in trouble and I think their characters would have grown closer...

I think it may be this dishonesty that causes most people to not like anything she says/does.

Archived