DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Someone Please Help Me Understand A Part of *TGS* - Thank You. I Appreciate It.

Ive been re-reading it. Love the book. Sometimes I miss things though ... My question mainly concerns the chapter called ''The Last That Could Be Done.''

I am as confused as Caddy. ... How DID the Domination Band get stolen out of Cadsuane's (HEAVILY WARDED) Room/Chest???

Elza didnt do it. (She couldnt have - no way her ability in The Power was significant enough to unravel Cadsuane Sedai's Wards) ... And if you read the TIMELINE of the chapter close enough ... Semi was not free yet.

I never understood how the Domination Band got stoled from Cadsuane Sedai.

Fish

Sanderson stated that Elza was given knowlewdge of some rare weaves and through that she was able to access the box. Whether those weaves she learnt helped her find it in the first place or whether that was someone else, who knows.

Q. How did Elza defeat the wards on Cadsuane's plain wooden box?

A. Elza had been given knowledge of several rarely known weaves, and in other ways made into a tool of Shaidar Haran. Not all of it was pleasant for her.

Take from the quote what you will I just find it unlikely SH can teach weaves.

it also could of been when verin was questioning all the women who were captured after dumais wells pardon the spelling i think verin was compelling all the women for further on in the future maybee thats why elze said she had a compulsion that needed to be removed

i could be wrong or i could be right maybee we will know maybee we wont 

it also could of been when verin was questioning all the women who were captured after dumais wells pardon the spelling i think verin was compelling all the women for further on in the future maybee thats why elze said she had a compulsion that needed to be removed

i could be wrong or i could be right maybee we will know maybee we wont 

You are correct, it is Verins Compulsion she tells Semi to remove.

The thing Shaidar Haran' as the ability to create a space where the one power can't be used Not like the Stedding more like a place where there is no time .

This is the Dark one making to me

Thing is, we have only seen SH cut off forsaken, so it might very well be something about the Chosen mark that allows him to cut them off, rather than a general ability to block anyone close to him from the TS. I suspect that is a Major RAFO.

I read somewhere that it wasn't Shaidar Haran teaching Elza weaves, but more him puting the knowledge of those weaves in Elza's head...

Not sure about it, though...

The one relevant quote about it is the one posted in this thread. And well, it certainly indicates more than simply teaching her the weaves....

Archived