DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mergy

Canukistani

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah, but fire is mearly concentrated energy in the form of heat. for water, earth and air the weave requires actual matter but fire is just energy. i presume the one power just channels energy into the molecules in the area to turn them into super heated gas of burning which the channeler then directs or shapes.

look at the difference between how a man extinguishes a candle and how a woman does. the man draws the heat/energy out of the flame and into something like a stone fireplace, that can handle the small about of heat. where as a woman uses water or air to snuff it out.

now, i don't remember much from my high school chem but i think it follows some laws of thermodynamics or some such.

Yes, creating fire is a weave also, it is just much easier for men considering that we are often much stronger in it then women. to create fire, the channeler draws the heat from the air and collects it into one definate space to create a flame, then direct it to make the form of their pleasing, just like Moriane did in New Spring with water, when she made the collum of water on Lan, or in countless books where they shape the Air, it is also done a few times with Earth. Spirit seems to be the only element that you can't physicly manafest, therefor it has the least limitations of what you can do with it.

Hi everyone, a while back someone asked if anyone did somethin special for pie day, well, my math teacher decided that we would take the day off, make hats that had pie as far as we could fit it, and then calculate the circumfrance of a moon PIE and then eat the pie then the closest to the actual mesurement got candy.

:D lol, so yes, I did something for pieday.

oh, and by the way, I am pritty active in the BT on dmpsw.com, but have never seen (read really) you guys/ladies in my entire life, so I was wondering if you people RP on a different site, and, if you haven't guessed it yet, my name is Jason.

I like pie.

*wishes he was smart enough to think of that himself* hmmm, well I suppose that if I am not smart enough then... *zaps Leane with the OP and then transforms into Demandred* muhaha, now I can run around with no pants on with the idiot seanchan! *weaves mask of mirrors to suddenly become Taim* woot now I can plot behind Rand's back and... what in the world is the good side of being Taim, his life if the Pit of Doom. *curses bloody rule of not being able to use real insulting words* :cry:

yes but are they the king of an entire nation with people who fawn over them, yes I know that the Seanchan currently have an empress, and didn't I just zap you with the OP, stupid bateries must be dead AGAIN! I really need a portable charger, or something. The Soure is so inconveniant.

I will be the KING of the no-pants-men! I will rule them all, with my one ring of power! Oops, wrong fantacy. And did I say anything about nude? I just said no pants on, doesn't necisarily meen nude, geez you jump to conclusions~! :D

yes Canuki, I agree with what you are saying, but what I'm getting at is, the use shouldn't have been like that, all 5 elements should have been used in the same way, what Im saying is, if he wanted to be consistant, he should have showed chanelers creating water/earth with use of OP alone....

um... convenient? Of course its convenient to have water, air and earth in supply everywhere, but that's not the point. Point is, 3 of the elements are used with acctual physical presence, while 2 of the elements just appear out of thin air so to speak. convenience has nothing to do with this, all elements should have been handled the same, either move physical stuff or crteate everything with OP, it shoul;dn't be able to work both ways, or if it did, it should have made fire and spirit so hard to make no one would be using it. Just moving matter and actually initiating a chemical proscess to change one matter into another is something that defies logic far as CONVENIENCY is concerned.

A man and a woman create life when they have a child, it takes 9 months.

To move a child however takes only a push.

This is how it is with childmaking (fire&spirit - creation), compared to taking a child out for a walk for instance (earth, water, air - moving)

Archived