A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mergy

Canukistani

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we got 5 elements of the One Power.

But.

When channelers fight and use fire, they throw a ball of fire made entirely out of One Power.

When they use Earth, air or water, they need the substance in the surrounding area and then they move it...

Anyone wandered why the difference>

um... fire is a weave just like air or earth or... what you think fire represents anger or whatever is totaly irrelevant to the difference in the use of this element..

I propose Jordan made a doo-doo here... guess he sacrificed more reality to the maic system due to making it more mithological and thus more magical, hence the ancient greeks 4 elements +1

Fire is very useful, find its applications in hundreds of weaves from illusion to healing and so naturally it would be an affinity among the denizens of Rand land, Man or Woman depending on their ability.

I doubt anyone's really found as many neat uses of Earth or Water like Fire. Also you gotta note that air pretty much is used all by it's lonesome.

As for 5 basic elements, he must've taken this over the top of his head.

um... I guess that could be one way to look at it however unlikely, but the weaves are supposed to be the same far as their power and workings are concerned, yet they are not, for fire and spirit just come into existence, while earth, water and air are ALWAYS set things already in place in the real world... so, while fire and spirit CREATE things straight from the source, earth, water and air have to push REAL things this way and that....

Maybe it is because earth water and air exist naturally and dont need to be created. Fire doesnt usually just exist as part of nature so it needs to be created then manipulated. Air water and earth are already there so they just need to be manipulated.

Archived