DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Does anyone else feel bad for Min?

A Trite Pun

I mean, of the foursome, she's the only one who's going to age, and she's already older than Rand to boot.  I mean, imagine when she turns 40, and Rand, Elayne, and Aviendha all look like they are in their early 20's.  And when she's 60, the three will all look like they're in their early 20's.  And when she dies, the same will be true.  I mean, for God's sake, even her children (if she has any) and Rand's other children won't age (probably).  That's gotta suck.

Of course, this is assuming that Rand survives...  ;D

The other three will look a good 30 before Min dies, or at least late 20's.  But ya, I do feel sorry for her, and I hope we don't see her death.  Maybe the age retardants that were available in the AoL will make a comeback, normal people used to live much longer.

I don't know if she will age. Min has the ability of the Eelfin? (snakes) Just reread, After Mat asks his first question they look at the air above his head answer his question then look back down at him.

later Moiraine confirms that questions regarding your own future are always answered correctly. This seems to tie in with Mins "Viewings" based upon an individuals future and always come true no matter what.

I think Min has their ability and they appear to live awhile as every time Mat walks through the doorways the guide says "It has been a long time" a good few hundred years in each case at least. Maybe she ties in there. Would like Min to see one just to see if THEY have images / auras.

Yeah, but they're not HUMAN. We've seen nothing to indicate that Min is unusual in any fashion other than her ability.

I'd say Min could be the one to go, alright. She's had a lot more cuddle time with Rand than the others, and much as she loves him, there's been no baby talk out of her- even after viewing Elayne's pregnancy, which would have been an obvious time for her to think those kinds of thought.

After the 4th reread Min became tied with Mat for my favourite character.

Not to mention that compared to Elayne and Avi, she has Rand for herself for much longer periods of time. It has its downsides, like leashed Rand trying to strangle her, but all in all I think she likes it ;).

Min is the only one of the three who is truly trying to help him and not thinking she knows what's best for him. Hopefully, she can talk some sense into the other two and Nynaeve. And through Nynaeve, Egwene.

I hate how they all think they know what's best, but that's a whole other thread lol.

I do think of Min as being Rands true girlfriend. She is around him alot, and really only leaves his side when him and one of the other two elope. And he does seem to get along with her the best.

That's just because she's got no real responsibilities.

More than the other two she seems to be more of a kindred spirit to the side of Rand that wanted to leave something behind with his schools.  In particular the end of TGS where after a comparatively brief exposure to the history and prophecies surrounding everything that's going on she's picking up on things the other AS just assumed they were the experts on.  I'd like to see her dig out some major (re)discoveries and smash that whole attitude the AS have.

I don't feel bad for her. I like her.

She's one of my favorite characters in the whole series. Right up there with Moiraine for my favorite female character, and definitely my favorite Rand girl.

How is she NOT pregnant? Seriously, we all owe her a debt of gratitude, how crazy would Rand be if on top of everything, he wasn't getting any?

Min's always been my favorite of Rand's girls and one of my favorite characters overall, I'd be devastated if she bit the dust in the books.

Yeah, but at some point, one of the major characters has to actually die. It's kind of a cop out none have truly died yet.

Min's always been my favorite of Rand's girls and one of my favorite characters overall, I'd be devastated if she bit the dust in the books.

Yeah, but at some point, one of the major characters has to actually die. It's kind of a cop out none have truly died yet.

What about poor poor Narg!?

How is she NOT pregnant? Seriously, we all owe her a debt of gratitude, how crazy would Rand be if on top of everything, he wasn't getting any?

Before Elayne got knocked up Min mentioned something called heart leaf tea.  It sounded like the pill in tea form.

Before Elayne got knocked up Min mentioned something called heart leaf tea.  It sounded like the pill in tea form.

Essentially, but 100% effective and with no side effects, IIRC. Of course, IMO this is one of the major reasons for the population decline.

natural occuring contraceptive is just too chaotic for my taste. Imagine different concubines of a king poisoning one another to stop the others from producing an heir.

Anyways, Min is suffering the long-time girlfriend syndrone. Rand would probably rather marry Aviendha or Elayne first.

I don't feel sorry for her.  I don't like her.  I feel like she is the most useless, boring, wishy washy characters in the novel.  Her 'Talent' is not really helpful, and I don't think she helps Rand that much at all.

I respect her desire educate herself with reading Herid Fell's books, but otherwise I can't stand her.  I much prefer Avhienda.

I don't feel sorry for her.  I don't like her.  I feel like she is the most useless, boring, wishy washy characters in the novel.  Her 'Talent' is not really helpful, and I don't think she helps Rand that much at all.

I respect her desire educate herself with reading Herid Fell's books, but otherwise I can't stand her.  I much prefer Avhienda.

Still better than Elayne

Archived