DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Shadowbrothers

sonieb33

I searched this topic and didn't find it mentioned in other links. Sorry if somehow I missed it.

Something occurred to me in my recent reread. In LoC ch. 8 Perrin wonders if darkhounds can eat the soul of a wolfbrother.

The Luc/Isam issue has always puzzled me. According to a foretelling the outcome of Tarmon Gai'don depends upon Luc in particular going to the Blight (which is where he becomes Slayer).

"Luc came to the Mountains of Dhoom.

Isam waited in the high passes.

The hunt is now begun. The Shadow's hounds now course, and kill.

One did live, and one did die, but both are.

The Time of Change has come."

Is it possible that this is what Luc/Isam are? Wolfbrothers whose souls have been eaten? Or is this a given and I'm dumb for wondering about it??

I searched this topic and didn't find it mentioned in other links. Sorry if somehow I missed it.

Something occurred to me in my recent reread. In LoC ch. 8 Perrin wonders if darkhounds can eat the soul of a wolfbrother.

The Luc/Isam issue has always puzzled me. According to a foretelling the outcome of Tarmon Gai'don depends upon Luc in particular going to the Blight (which is where he becomes Slayer).

"Luc came to the Mountains of Dhoom.

Isam waited in the high passes.

The hunt is now begun. The Shadow's hounds now course, and kill.

One did live, and one did die, but both are.

The Time of Change has come."

Is it possible that this is what Luc/Isam are? Wolfbrothers whose souls have been eaten? Or is this a given and I'm dumb for wondering about it??

I think you mean CoT, not LoC :P In any case, Ive always thought Perrin asking about that had a pretty ominous foreshadowing attached to it, such as Elyas' soul getting eaten, or something along those lines. As for Luc and Isam, its possible I suppose. I personally dont like the idea, but theres nothing that flat out makes it impossible either. So you could be onto something.

Seems strange to me. Lord Luc has never been described as having golden eyes, IIRC... so I find it unlikely. But it could be possible that it will be Elyas destiny. I wonder if he will see his Aes Sedai again at one point... And if he become soul-eated, would she suffer from it? Will it break the bond?

What this Prophecy makes me think of is "he who is dead yet lives." The way it is written. -> one did live, and one did die, but both are.

Seems strange to me. Lord Luc has never been described as having golden eyes, IIRC... so I find it unlikely. But it could be possible that it will be Elyas destiny. I wonder if he will see his Aes Sedai again at one point... And if he become soul-eated, would she suffer from it? Will it break the bond?

What this Prophecy makes me think of is "he who is dead yet lives." The way it is written. -> one did live, and one did die, but both are.

Good point about the eyes. I hadn't thought about that...I don't think the darkhounds have them either, so maybe they change when their soul is eaten??

Also, there's gotta' be something to it because why else do they love killing wolves (what's the obsession there?) and also all of the Wolf stuff that they have, for instance, Luc has a wolf belt buckle and also has wolf embroidery on his coat. Seems there's some link there.

Good point about the eyes. I hadn't thought about that...I don't think the darkhounds have them either, so maybe they change when their soul is eaten??

Also, there's gotta' be something to it because why else do they love killing wolves (what's the obsession there?) and also all of the Wolf stuff that they have, for instance, Luc has a wolf belt buckle and also has wolf embroidery on his coat. Seems there's some link there.

He knows about Wolf hatred for Myyrdraal and Trollocs perhaps, and so want to be rid of them. He maybe know about the Wolf King bit. We don't know.

But I don't see Shaidar Haran or the DO leading the Last Hunt of darkhounds. I think it will be Luc. And wolfs also hate darkhounds...

I didn't remembered those bits about Luc having wolfish things on his belt and coat...

P.S. : you could have put your two post into one

P.S. : you could have put your two post into one

What two posts? The first one and then my addition about the wolf belt buckle and embroidery? That wasn't a "post" it was a "reply". I just thought about it when I wrote that reply. Sheesh, why would you feel the need to tell me to put my "two posts" into one? Kinda' uber-nitpicky don't you think? I really don't understand what's wrong with replying.

Archived