DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

????How in the cornbread world????

TheREDQueen

How did trolics,halfmen, and drakar get so far into the waste in TSR? When Rand and crew leave waste they are traveling west and come to Cairhien. This means in the waste they were a good 400+ miles south of the blight. Now my question is how did so many darkspawn get so far into the waste (emory stand & coldrocks hold). they could not have gone through the ways for no groves in waste or ogier built cities.we all know they could not have gone through a gateway, for no shadow creation can. SO HOW? You can't tell me lazy,cowardly trolics were driven hundreds of miles into the waate(the dying grounds.) I have to assume even "sneking" shadio would kill hundred of trolics passing by their holds. SO HOW?

I would assume a Stedding in or near the Spine of the World that deposited them reasonably nearby.

Another possibility would be portal stones, if not as likely.

How did trolics,halfmen, and drakar get so far into the waste in TSR? When Rand and crew leave waste they are traveling west and come to Cairhien. This means in the waste they were a good 400+ miles south of the blight. Now my question is how did so many darkspawn get so far into the waste (emory stand & coldrocks hold). they could not have gone through the ways for no groves in waste or ogier built cities.we all know they could not have gone through a gateway, for no shadow creation can. SO HOW? You can't tell me lazy,cowardly trolics were driven hundreds of miles into the waate(the dying grounds.) I have to assume even "sneking" shadio would kill hundred of trolics passing by their holds. SO HOW?

Personally I think this is a big mystery and something that will be cleared up in a couple of books. There are a few examples of Trollocs appearing out of nowhere when no known Waygates were around. You would think the Aiel would notice a legion of Trollocs journeying through the wastes.

Sammael ;)

If it were Sammael he wouldn't have been able to create a gateway for them.

It's possible that Darkfriends can pass through a gateway made of the True Power, but we've never seen Sammael do that.

On a side note TheREDQueen, there is a rule not to make thread titles look like badly designed MySpace pages.

so you might want to remove all the extra question marks at the beginning.

Archived