DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Did Demandred do?

Crael123

My view which I posted in another post, Dumai's Wells, He let the Lord of Chaos Rule.  The Box really did a number on Rand.  The Battle.  The kneeling or being knelt.  All of it was to destroy Rand mentally yet still allow him to be free to rule and go down his dark path.

It is exactly what the DO wanted him to do, assuming Rand is the Lord of Chaos, which I believe, but I think they use it more to mock him than anything.

So that'd put Demmy behind the BT if this were true, which I'm not 100% on.

My view which I posted in another post, Dumai's Wells, He let the Lord of Chaos Rule.  The Box really did a number on Rand.  The Battle.  The kneeling or being knelt.  All of it was to destroy Rand mentally yet still allow him to be free to rule and go down his dark path.

It is exactly what the DO wanted him to do, assuming Rand is the Lord of Chaos, which I believe, but I think they use it more to mock him than anything.

So that'd put Demmy behind the BT if this were true, which I'm not 100% on.

no no taim is not demandred. and messaana was the one that did the box, she put together the whole "embassy" to rand. but i do agree rand is the Lord of Chaos.

Who turned the Shaido against the Tower Aes Sedai? It might have been Demandred's work, as long as he knew they did not intend to kill Rand.

It probably does have a lot to do with Rand's mental state, though. The Dark One wants chaos and we now know the land is tied to Rand's mental health. By pushing him to become darker and then letting him do his own thing, he is ruining the land on his own, causing famine and sickness, riots and all that. Rand is the Lord of Chaos and by letting him run free on his dark path he is the Dark One's greatest ally.

Who turned the Shaido against the Tower Aes Sedai? It might have been Demandred's work, as long as he knew they did not intend to kill Rand.

I think it is a turn of events that did that, not Demandred. The first step toward.it has been Asmodean, who printed the Dragons on Couladin's arms. Then, because of Mat, Couladin died. Sevanna was not happy, and decided to marry Rand. She saw that the Tower wanted Rand, and so plotted with some Wise Ones to manipulate the others into avenging a murdered Wise One by attacking the Aes Sedai. Sevanna, or Mat, or Asmo. Depends on the scale you see it.

I forget who first postulated this here recently, and I wish  could remember so I could give them credit, buuuut:

I am SO IN LOVE with the idea that sometime during LOC Demandred took Taim to Shayol Gul that I could MARRY It!!!

How Awseome would it be to find THAT Out??? :-)

Fish

No he didn't kill asmodean. Because he was surprised to hear of asmo's death, we can be pretty sure he didn't do it.

dude. acting. these are all incredibly intelligent people. all intelligent people can act somewhat and demondred in very smart. just sayin. that is my new pet theory. demandred killed asmodean!C!

I forget who first postulated this here recently, and I wish  could remember so I could give them credit, buuuut:

I am SO IN LOVE with the idea that sometime during LOC Demandred took Taim to Shayol Gul that I could MARRY It!!!

How Awseome would it be to find THAT Out??? :-)

Fish

pretty awesome thats what

No he didn't kill asmodean. Because he was surprised to hear of asmo's death, we can be pretty sure he didn't do it.

dude. acting. these are all incredibly intelligent people. all intelligent people can act somewhat and demondred in very smart. just sayin. that is my new pet theory. demandred killed asmodean!C!

He showed ignorance of Asmodean in his thoughts when the DO told him:

THE CHOSEN DWINDLE, DEMANDRED.  THE WEAK FALL AWAY.  WHO BETRAYS ME SHALL DIE THE FINAL DEATH.  ASMODEAN, TWISTED BY HIS WEAKNESS...

The Great Lord ... seemed to know more of Asmodean than he.

I thought he abducted the Sh'boan (?) and Sh'botay(?). Chaos in Shara! That place is huuuuuuuuuge.

That was Graendal.

Yup, but Demandred could've arranged the whole thing. Graendal 'procured' them for a meeting with Sammael. From Demandred? I guess that's a RAFO. Or a WAFO.

I thought he abducted the Sh'boan (?) and Sh'botay(?). Chaos in Shara! That place is huuuuuuuuuge.

That was Graendal.

Yup, but Demandred could've arranged the whole thing. Graendal 'procured' them for a meeting with Sammael. From Demandred? I guess that's a RAFO. Or a WAFO.

Graendals POV makes it quite obvious she is acting on her own here. And she did not even do it to create chaos in Shara, she just wanted to mess with Sammaels head.

You found the right place in her POV, why not continue reading...

So much effort to procure them, and solely for this few minutes with sammael. Of course, she could have taken less trouble-anyone at all from their lands would have done as well-but she had her standards even when preparing a momentary subterfuge.

Does not really get any more obvious than that.

Condescension? Fine.

What you quoted just says they were the real deal. The trouble she's taken could've been a service for Demandred. Its out of character for Graendal for direct action, IMO. IIRC she didn't even check out the holding at Tear.

I know what I said is very, very unlikely. But it's not obvious that Graendal did it.

Condescension? Fine.

What you quoted just says they were the real deal. The trouble she's taken could've been a service for Demandred. Its out of character for Graendal for direct action, IMO. IIRC she didn't even check out the holding at Tear.

I know what I said is very, very unlikely. But it's not obvious that Graendal did it.

Ugh Val your avatar keeps making me think of Sal Governale.

SalGovernale.jpg

I think Demandred facilitated Ishamaels return as Moridin in Taims body. Mesaana and the Black Ajah got the real Mazrim Taim out of Tar Valon, delivering him to Demandred, who then took Taim to the Pit of Doom, Taim dies there and then, Ishamael returns as Moridin. The Dark One laughs so hard because Ishamael is a mastermind and the Dark Ones greatest tool by far.

Archived