DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand's realtives

saxedspc

So Rand's mother is Tigraine and she was married to Taringail first so Galad is his 1/2 brother.  I think everyone pretty much has acknowledged that.

Taringail's 1/2 sister was/is Moiraine.  So Moiraine is kind of Rand's 1/2 step Aunt (if there is such a thing)Aunt.

Taringail married Morgase and they had Gawyn and Elayne.  Since Taringail would be considered Rand's step father according to a strict interpretation of geneological rules does that make Elayne his 1/2 step sister (yes, I just made up that title)?

Kind of twisted.

And if Luc and Isam are "melded" what would that make Rand and Lan, like 3rd or 4th cousins or something?

And that would mean Moiraine and Lan are realted....

Wow, I'm giving myself a headache trying to tie this down.

And if Luc and Isam are "melded" what would that make Rand and Lan, like 3rd or 4th cousins or something?

I always assumed, that although they are melded, they're still 2 separate identities within one physical being, so I don't think that Lan and Rand would be technically related in any way...

Kind of twisted.

I agree with this...it's all very odd! :D

Rand is technically not related to either Elayne or Gawyn; nor with Moiraine.

Moiraine I take is considered the aunt of her half brother's children.

It seems you are misapplying the term "step".  It is generally used when the members are joined by marriage; which seems not to be the case with any of these.  All the connections seem to be by "blood".

Though Tigraine and Morgase share an ancestor; the closest one being no less than 2 generations, likely more.

Realtives? Really? Is it so hard to spellcheck or spend two seconds browsing over a topic before you post it? I mean you expect us to make the time to read it and then possibly contribute to the topic. Is it really too much to ask?

Provided you're not colorblind it shouldn't be an issue though. Firefox and IE come with built in spell check. It might be pedantic, but it is an irritable read to have to go through horrendously butchered English. I mean English is not my mothertongue yet I manage fairly well.

Relax would you. It's a spelling error and it doesn't warrant your reaction.The person could of used the spell check but might have just missed that one.

Why can't everyone just get along? Oh and by the way apparently you spelt mother tongue wrong.

Luckers edit: Alright bud, tried to play it like a joke but you're being needlessly pedantic, and its rude. Now it's over. You've made your point, move on.

I admit I made an error.  I noticed it about an hour after I posted this topic but choose not to go back and correct it.  I figured everyone here has made a typing mistake or two in their life.

Einstein however is all knowing and all powerful.  God forbid we offend his grasp of the English language.

Screw you buddy.  I was just playing around and didn't realize I was being graded on spelling and sentence structure.

I had this conversation with my communications teacher, and converted her.

If it's not a technical or offical document and you aren't being paid or graded by it, then if everyone understood what you wanted them to when you communicated your message, you followed proper english.  English is about as mixed and messed up as you can get, it's offical forms are still changing, and hadn't even been formalized to any degree until recently.

There's no reason to use spell check, but if someone can correct your spelling, they obviously understood what you meant.  Or if it is so horrendous to read, then they should consider that it isn't the spelling, but their own possible misunderstanding.  Either  way it means it's idiotic and 12-yr-old-know-it-all-ish to correct someone's single small error.

to topic...

I guess nothing to add except that when I first read the series it was fun deciphering and speculating about all the lines that had seemed to be matching up.

Luckers edit: Alright bud, tried to play it like a joke but you're being needlessly pedantic, and its rude. Now it's over. You've made your point, move on.

I admit I made an error.  I noticed it about an hour after I posted this topic but choose not to go back and correct it.  I figured everyone here has made a typing mistake or two in their life.

Einstein however is all knowing and all powerful.  God forbid we offend his grasp of the English language.

Screw you buddy.  I was just playing around and didn't realize I was being graded on spelling and sentence structure.

Damage control.

In all seriousness though. No need to beat a dead horse, since otherwise the almighty modhammer will smite again.

Archived