DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mat and the Fox

gambril

So we all know that Mat is the fox that makes the ravens fly, but does Tuon realize this?  I know she realizes this as far as he's the one that her damane Lidya prophesized being her husband.  What I mean is when he enters her wagon and Noal recites the Fortune rides the sun on high with the fox that makes the ravens fly.  Luck his soul; the lightning his eye.  He snatches the moons from out of the sky.

IIRC, Mat doesn't really realize that this prophecy is talking about him and certainly doesn't realize that Fortune is Tuon, but shouldn't Tuon realize this?  She knows the prophecies of the dragon, but it doesn't seem she realizes this.  Am I wrong? 

There's also the prophecy that Tylee recited to Perrin of, "When the fox marries the raven, and trumpets of battle are blown".  Tuon claims to know the prophecies so shouldn't she realize this as well?  It seems kinda shortsighted of her not to.

She might not be fuly aware of the karaetheon cycle as its different in seanchan(corupted), though she would be aware of a connection between Mat and TFTMTRF because of mats ring. on a side note i think in that line the ravens(plural important) refers to the seanchan and the shadow. Mat will destroy the seanchan and ally with the remnant led by Tuon. He will then be the leader of the physical battle against the shadow at TG

fortune is an another word for luck .

But don't forget that the seanchean prophecies had been altered by ishamael , the first thing I remember is the way he changed the part where the daughter of the nine moon ally with the dragon by he shall bow before the empress then be sent to the dark one .

Ishamael as quiet a gift for messing with people mind

Okay, what does lightning his eye mean? He's not going to have a monopoly on the Dragons, is he?

It probably refer to the propheties saying he will lose an eye and give up half the light of the world to save the world. And the Dragons.

Lightning his eye refers to Mat losing an eye.

I used to assumed that Mat would figure out how build a canon and lose his eye that way.

but I think what we'll see is a bargain with the Finns.

Or it will be the power being used on him. Lighting is always a weapon used by channelers.

As for Tuon, yes she knows because she saw Mat's signet ring.

It shows a Fox chasing Ravens into flight, which is what first caught her eye.

Yeah, I dont think we can say for certain what the Lightning is. All of it is assumption.

Anyway, on the note of the "fox", i know mat has the ring with the fox on it, but really, i doubt he would be called "the fox" just because of a ring. (might be, but i dont think so)

Remember the Eelfinn(or Aelfinn cant remember always get them mixed) look like foxes, coincidence? There arnt many coincidences in the WoT

I dunno the fox is clever and tricky. Also isn't the fox a representation of a trickster in some mythologies or am I wrong. The coyote is I now but the fox I think as well.

Yeah in places like Japan and Europe and so forth the fox is a creature of great cunning, and also represents wildness and being untamed. While the wolf is similiar, but where is the fox is a trickster, the wolf is noble, honest, and proud.

So sounds like Mat and Perrin.

btw what is mats ring made out of? When he firsts gets it it is stone, a "carvers try piece" that was meant to show the skil of the carver, but im pretty sure later on its gold.

Yes, but if the peddler is selling signet rings, he would probably want to have them in gold.

Archived