DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Release Date

Kara

Pretty certain. There are still deadlines to be met by Brandon, of course, but all the pieces are in place for Nov. 2 to happen. The writing is done so it's just editing left. Unfortunately it's probably more likely at this point that we'll see a less polished Nov. 2 release than another release date change. I'm not too worried about it though.

People post new developments on the 'progress bar' thread: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,44498.0.html

Brandon seems confident right now that he'll meet the current deadline. However, if you don't already know, it might upset you to learn that it has been suggested that the release date for AMoL be pushed back to March-April 2012. Brandon isn't sure, but he reckons it'll be hard to have it ready by Nov '11.

A few posts above, DemandredFO said pretty much exactly how I think that I actually do feel about this.

After all this time, a few extra months for AMOL would be the very definition of ''Inconsequential''

ESPECIALLY when we know that Brandon, Harriet and Maria and Alen are  putting their whole HEARTS into making the finale as awesome as possible.

It is also easier when you know - as we do - that Brandon is WORKING on it.

It is NOT like ADWD. There are plenty of stretches over the past FIVE YEARS when GRRM ***HIMSELF*** has ADMITTED that he has taken breaks from it for other things.

Did you guys know about the situation with ADWD and GRRM???

Fish

Well if there is any happening regarding the release date, Amazon.com Have Pre-Orders setup for Nov 2.  But do we have any confidence in them.  Oh I have and I'm just screaming at the bit to get my hands on a copy of TOM.  Darn won't get mine for several weeks after the release date just in time for Chrisie.  Trouble with living DownUnder hehehe never sure if they will release the book down here at the same time as the US. >:( but them the breaks ;D

A few posts above, DemandredFO said pretty much exactly how I think that I actually do feel about this.

After all this time, a few extra months for AMOL would be the very definition of ''Inconsequential''

ESPECIALLY when we know that Brandon, Harriet and Maria and Alen are  putting their whole HEARTS into making the finale as awesome as possible.

It is also easier when you know - as we do - that Brandon is WORKING on it.

It is NOT like ADWD. There are plenty of stretches over the past FIVE YEARS when GRRM ***HIMSELF*** has ADMITTED that he has taken breaks from it for other things.

Did you guys know about the situation with ADWD and GRRM???

Fish

No-one knows the situation with ADWD because George isn't saying. He spoke at the beginning of the month but will still not give any idea how long or if ever it will be finished.

I'm honestly happy that AMOL won't come out 'til 2012...

It's going to be depressing not having another WoT book left.

same here we get the last book finished by the end of the world and then relize that we have spent x amount of our lives with the books, me i found them when i was 12 now im turning 26, yup over half of my life, no matter what happens at the end of it im still going to finish the book and bawl my eyes out.

@Crossroad , the books are realeased in Australia at the same time as america, i got TGS at angus&robinson around november 2, and they said theyd had it for a few days in store, so in store realease is the same as america. I dont know about ebooks or audio books though 

same here we get the last book finished by the end of the world and then relize that we have spent x amount of our lives with the books, me i found them when i was 12 now im turning 26, yup over half of my life, no matter what happens at the end of it im still going to finish the book and bawl my eyes out.

Hopefully you will have time to finish the book before the end of the world comes. ??? :o :'(

My husband asked me the other day how many times I've read the series. I don't think he understands that there is so much to the story you can miss things if you only read it once. I can't wait to see the final copy.  I'm dying to know how it ends!

Archived