DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

That Ashaman

They were looking for Rand, which says to me that the mission was over. It was to convince the elders in each stedding to guard thier Waygate. They joined forces with Logain when he came to Cairhien, and then Traveled to Algarin's manor.

Edit: wait a second. After Vows Rand tells Elder Haman that he still needs someone to go on that mission, so maybe they didn't finish it.

Karldin Manfor and Loial didn't finushed their mission as some Elders refused guarding of the Ways. They went to Rand and Haman proposes his help to Rand.

Karldin has also been bonded by Beldeine. He is with her, in the same room as Cadsuane, Merise, Nynaeve and Min during Randns meeting with Tam.

Nah, I don't think Brandon will attempt it. Speeches for the Great Stump should be beutifully phrased, beyond human concepts. And it's quite secondary. I think we'll only get to see the results of Loyal's efforts, and quite likely only in AMoL.

Nah, I don't think Brandon will attempt it. Speeches for the Great Stump should be beutifully phrased,

Hear, hear. Did anyone actually like Egwene's speech at the White Tower? 'These days will be legendary' 'I myself led that rebellion'. That was a major weakpoint, IMHO. Maybe he should ask President Obama to write a speech for Loial.

I would be disappointed if we didn't get Loial's speech. It was building up for a long time, even before we learn that he'll be going to the Great Stump. It doesn't have to be eloquently put and I was never expecting it to be. I had it imagined as playing out the way Merry and Pippin's did at the Entmoot in Lord of the Rings. The Ogier are going to discuss leaving the world at the Great Stump and I can see them deciding on it before Loial speaks, and he'll sway a few who will remain. I don't see him being completely successful.

Nah, I don't think Brandon will attempt it.

I disagree. It may be secondary but its still very important. I think Robert Jordan planned on including this in his last book and it may be one of the parts that he had already written before his death. I don't disagree that maybe Brandon shouldn't be the one to write it though.

Nah, I don't think Brandon will attempt it. Speeches for the Great Stump should be beutifully phrased, beyond human concepts. And it's quite secondary. I think we'll only get to see the results of Loyal's efforts, and quite likely only in AMoL.

From Loial's practice speech in KoD I do not think that his speaking ability would be marred by Brandon, but I do not think that Brandon should write the rebuttal.

From Loial's practice speech in KoD I do not think that his speaking ability would be marred by Brandon, but I do not think that Brandon should write the rebuttal.

Really? I thought the whole 'our axes have always grown long handles' part was really good.

Really? I thought the whole 'our axes have always grown long handles' part was really good.

the thing is that loial will follow the elders advise, do not go for beauty use the simple eloquence of the words or some such, just say it simply

I still think that it's not a scene Brandon can do justice (nor could RJ, for that matter), and part of what makes Ogier special is that we're not privy to their society's inner workings.

I think it would be best if we only saw what comes out of that Stump, but not the meetings themselves.

Rand's original Asha'man coterie:

Dashiva- Forsaken, toasted at Shadar Logoth

Adley- killed by Rand with Callandor while fighting the Seanchan

Flinn- bonded by Corele, with Rand

Grady- with Perrin

Hopwil- killed at Shadar Logoth

Karldin- bonded by Beldeine, with Rand after Waygate-closing

Morr- went insane, poisoned by Rand

Narishma- bonded by Merise, with Rand

Neald- with Perrin

I would be disappointed if we didn't get Loial's speech. It was building up for a long time, even before we learn that he'll be going to the Great Stump. It doesn't have to be eloquently put and I was never expecting it to be. I had it imagined as playing out the way Merry and Pippin's did at the Entmoot in Lord of the Rings. The Ogier are going to discuss leaving the world at the Great Stump and I can see them deciding on it before Loial speaks, and he'll sway a few who will remain. I don't see him being completely successful.

And if that doesnt work, Loial can just walk them past a Stedding thats fallen into the Blight. It worked for Pippen and Merry

Hopefully it is shown; Loial hasn't gotten enough book time lately, and something where he is entirely important would be awesome (closing the Waygates was also important too I suppose, but not as interesting.)

However, it would also be cool for Loial to go there and we not learn what happened. Then in AMoL during the Final Battle Perrin or whatnot is in trouble and suddenly there are hundreds of Ogiers just smashing into Trollocs. Would be an awesome surprise.

Nah, I don't think Brandon will attempt it. Speeches for the Great Stump should be beutifully phrased,

Hear, hear. Did anyone actually like Egwene's speech at the White Tower? 'These days will be legendary' 'I myself led that rebellion'. That was a major weakpoint, IMHO. Maybe he should ask President Obama to write a speech for Loial.

I dont think they have teleprompters in randland yet

I dont think they have teleprompters in randland yet

or a whole bunch of professional writers

Archived