DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

galad and rand are brothers

michael1941

Mmm, I wonder if Galad will be the one to knock some sense into Gawyn now that he and Rand know (presumably) they are brothers, and of the person that is still alive with them (I wont put any tGS spoilers as I dont know if the original poster has read this far.)

Gawyn always did what Galad told him,  becasuse he saved his life twice and what not, remember he held back with Egwene because Galad was into her.

So I think Galad will say, oi, get over yourself you emotional bastard

I know this has been said ages before when TGS first came out (haven't been on the forum since then :D) But I really hope Mat knocks sense into him.

"Things seemed so easy when he was sparring. The world contracted down-compressed like be..." BAM!! Spearbutt to the face!  :o

Just like he beat both brothers at once back in the White Tower. That would be awesome to see happen again, but I doubt it would, it would make Mat too awesome. I know a lot of people didn't like Mat after TGS, but he is still Mat enough for me :)

Haha. Yeah. Ranga, Rednut, Ginge.

I'm not racist, mind. Just colourist.

[sarcasm]I don't know about that.  What race do you have to be to have naturally red hair [/sarcasm]

Ranga is down under slang for red heads yes, derived from 'orangutan' which is in turn derived from some tv show called "summer heights high" I think on some reject television station.

You know what I just realised. All three of Galad's siblings are rangas. Poor bastard.

Look at our Prime Minister. 

To be fair though, they're not really reds in any sense, they only have a minute touch, they're more blonde than red.

Oh sorry, Rand is the major exception to that but think of him as an Aiel, now think who would mess with an Aiel.

Maybe that's the position we should take with Julia, eh Luckers?

Ok do any Australians else see the connection between Siuan and Rudd? Leader with a vision pulled down by an over ambitious red who is upheld more for the dislike of the previous leaders vision.

In this scenario Tony Abbot is Romanda--old traditionalist whose 'stuck-in-the-past' views may ruin everything.

Sorry if you follow me on twitter. Repeated joke.

You know, I'm wondering now, do we have enough info to deduce who Shaiel was when we first hear Amys's story? I can't remember when it was that I got it.

we did. shaiel was sent to the waste by gitara, that's enough clue. added to that she mentioned about a husband she did not love and a son she left behind etc, it's very clear.

Ok do any Australians else see the connection between Siuan and Rudd? Leader with a vision pulled down by an over ambitious red who is upheld more for the dislike of the previous leaders vision.

In this scenario Tony Abbot is Romanda--old traditionalist whose 'stuck-in-the-past' views may ruin everything.

Sorry if you follow me on twitter. Repeated joke.

I had not made the connection but I love it.

As for who Egwene is, well we don't know yet he/she is still on a mission from Rudd ;)

Haha. Yeah. Ranga, Rednut, Ginge.

I'm not racist, mind. Just colourist.

[sarcasm]I don't know about that.  What race do you have to be to have naturally red hair [/sarcasm]

Well, it's very common among the Scots and the Irish, who are basically Celts.

Of course, the Scots are famously fierce fighters, and have been known to come over the Wall (Hadrian's, that is) to invade their old enemies, the English. I don't think they wore veils, though. ;)

(I'm of Irish descent and married to a Scot, we're living in England. But neither of us is a redhead..)

Ranga is down under slang for red heads yes, derived from 'orangutan' which is in turn derived from some tv show called "summer heights high" I think on some reject television station.

Oook!  Oook-ook! Eeeeek!

(Translates: You are fined one banana for returning that book late.

http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Librarian )

Sorry guys, but if you're really looking for a real world Elaida, that is to say an unnerving, disturbing, wrong-doing leader, hypocritical, overconfident, and so on, look at our specimen : Mr the President of the French Republic Nicolas Sarkozy... ;D

Sorry guys, but if you're really looking for a real world Elaida, that is to say an unnerving, disturbing, wrong-doing leader, hypocritical, overconfident, and so on, look at our specimen : Mr the President of the French Republic Nicolas Sarkozy... ;D

We can't.

We're too busy looking at his wife.  :P

We can't.

We're too busy looking at his wife.  :P

I understand ;D look, but don't listen. For your own good! (in fact you wouldn't hear anything at all. she sings infraliminarilly... :p)

Archived