DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Something I remember reading, not quite sure...

It was a very long time ago when I read it, and I don't even remember which book it was mentioned in (I think 1-3). But I remember it being mentioned that aes sedai researchers/scientists would make their own pocket dimensions to carry out their studies in. These pockets could flow separately of the main flow of time, but they were risky due to the fact that the 'bubble' could pop, so to speak. Does anyone know which book this was mentioned in? I'd love to re-read that part because I'd like to think it could play some part in the future. *crosses fingers*

They have already made an appearance, in the chapter I mentioned.

Other than that, it is of course possible. Not very likely though, I can not see any use for them other than to show how cool the AOL was, and we are a bit too late in the series for that now.

Perhaps Alivia (the ex-Damane that is going to help Rand die?) will create a Vacoule which she and Rand enter so he can die there, but not in "real" time?  Perhaps they are related to the Portal Stones?

If you die, you die, whether in the "real" world, Tel'aran'rhoid, a parallel world, or a vacuole.  It's conceivable they're related to Portal Stones, but only because we don't know much about either vacuoles or portal stones.

Just on this subject, i remember early on in the books its a perrin POV and perrin is thinking about Rand and 'those tiny things in his head that allow him to channel'. Im not sure but i think its in LoC, il try to find the quote and post it in a new thread, becuase its a candidate for the BUT

Archived