DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rands forearm dragon tatoos. Sacrilege?

Chriswot

Hey there guys and gals.  Been thinking for about a year or two now of getting replica Dragon tattoos on my forearms like Rands.  Can anyone link me some super detailed pictures for reference?  I have yet to find any I like enough to ink them on my skin for life.

And my other concern is do you think it's too much fandom?  Am I a little loopy to do this all because I've enjoyed a book series?  comments, thoughts? ^_^b

Ta'verenness around here guys! I just dreamed this night about having Rand's tatoos on my arms too.

Isn't it like Rand's dream beeing spread to people nearby? Or someone providing you what you need?

Would be cool, but the image you linked is the Dragon banner, and I'm not sure it's the same design as the ones on Rand's arms. I saw it spiraling around the arm, head down and ending on the back of your hand (the side without the heron).

Ta'verenness around here guys! I just dreamed this night about having Rand's tatoos on my arms too.

Isn't it like Rand's dream beeing spread to people nearby? Or someone providing you what you need?

Would be cool, but the image you linked is the Dragon banner, and I'm not sure it's the same design as the ones on Rand's arms. I saw it spiraling around the arm, head down and ending on the back of your hand (the side without the heron).

I always imagined it as this was the design for the tattoos, just made flat instead. It's the only image of the dragon of any kind we've seen in the book, and since there are thousands of styles of dragons who knows what the tattoo actually could look like? Search the dragon reborn in deviantart and you'll find a picture of rand's tattoos, but they're more of a chinese dragon style with a beard and all.

If you get it, dont let any aiel see or your dead. If you think theyl look good, and your in a career that will allow it, then go for it. Though if this is your first tatoo i would definately think carefuly before getting it done in such a highly visible area. You could reconsider the location and get them on the back of each shoulder, or if you want it as close to want Rand has, get a small dragon on each wrist. As anyone with a tatoo will tell you, its a bad idea to get your first one in an area thats always on show, like your neck, forarms, hands, etc.

You could reconsider the location and get them on the back of each shoulder

Yeh! you could tatoo a raven on each shoulders, no?

If you get it, dont let any aiel see or your dead

And if a tatoo with raven on your shoulder, don't ever let a Seanchan see you... For your own sake. ;)

Dragon Banner

funnily enough I was just browsing deviantart and found this when I came back and saw this thread. Coincidence or Ta'veren?

that's the one I've seen also TVC  but I dont know it's not somthing id ink.  I have a couple other tattoos also already on my shoulders so nope its not my first tattoo.  As for being on forearms im about 260 6foot 3 and bald.  I always thought they'd compliment my mean appearance. :O  The ravens are a good idea too!  maybe after my gf finishes the series ill convince her to get them ^^.  And yeah I already thought about the Aiel.  I'll where a sweater if i see any cadin'sor or black veils.

Archived