DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Siuan & Leane; their strength in the power

Taz

OK, here goes my first post!

Siuan & Leane got healed by Nyneave but aren't back up to full strength in the power. Do you think they'd volunteer to be stilled again and then healed by an Asha'man to get back to their old strength? Or can they be healed back to their full potential by an Asha'man right now...

yer i was wondering that. im not sure theyd volenteer to be stilled again, even though they could be returned to full strength. i'd think theyd be too scared that it couldnt be healed a second time to try.

and about them being able to be healed back to full potential now, i dont think so either. because then any aes sedai could be made stronger by being 'healed' by an asha'aman. not that many would volenteer for it anyway.

Yeah, it may be a one-shot thing - if I were Siuan or Leane and knew that other sisters had been fully healed I'd be willing to try anything to get back to my full strength. It must be really frustrating; though both of them are having a wild old time spreading rumours amongst the sisters and pretending they aren't 'friends' anymore. Although, some of the way they are doing this is because their strength in the power is diminished and they aren't noticed as much by stronger sisters.

I'm not sure if they both actually know it's possible yet though - did that fact get to them?

I wasn't saying that it was a one shot thing. Just it would be very difficult to sever the two women in the right way so they can return to their original strength.

It's that thing about a broken bone be set wrong. If it was easy to heal something that was heal wrong, then Damer Flinn wouldn't be limping around.

I agree with Kaznen that it would be difficult. I'm not sure, however, that the healing something twice rule applies to healing with saidar and healing with saidin. Flinn healed (or affected) the wounds on Rand that had already been healed (or affected) by saidar. Then again ... that wound breaks alot of rules, so maybe it doesn't apply ... at any rate, I doubt it would be as simple as "cut me off again, then fix it."

Think of it as a plot device. It helps Siuan and Leane be more subservant to Egwene and the other Aes Sedai. Were it not for the partial healing, they would stand much higher, and perhaps RJ didn't want it that way.

That aside, when Rand severs the three Aes Sedai, and when Nynaeve heals Logain, Siuan and Leane we notice that they mention a "thread" being cut/re-attaching. If the thread is sewn back together, but is much weaker and the point that it was broken, this could prevent the user from drawing in as much of the power as they could before. With that analogy, you would likely need to sever them again, and work more diligently at reconnecting the threads. It's quite possible to do, but it's a lot more difficult.

In any case, Siuan or Leane would likely NEVER agree to be stilled again for the promise of being able to draw more of the one power. By the time they probably meet a male channeler that will do it, they'll likely bond warders. I doubt they'll want their warders to die, and aside from that, they wouldn't want to take the chance that they could become weaker in the power.

Yeah, I think them being weaker in the power has led to them being more useful tools for Egwene and of course partly lead to Egwene being Amyrlin.

If they really wanted to have a crack at being fully healed, they could un-bond any warders they had to do it - it'd be well selfish otherwise! I'm still unclear if they now met a healing Asha'man whether he could 'fill the gap' after Nynaeve's initial healing back to their full potential or whether getting fully healed is a one-shot thing after being stilled or burnt out.

It'll be interesting to see if Setalle Anan is healed and whether she would be back to full strength after being burnt out (as opposed to being stilled) too - she could be a great asset to the rebels.

• 4 weeks later...

Taz, there is a thread somewhere on this site on whether Satelle can be healed. I'm relatively new at this so I don't know how to link yet. Personally, I am of the opinion that Satelle can be healed because I think there is a quote from Mohgedien that says stilling and being burnt out were the same thing and they are all severing.

I think that the broken bone analogy is a poor one for this case because their lesser strength in the power is a result of being Healed with saidar, not how or where they were severed/reconnected. If they were severed again and then healed with saidin, it should be fine. They don't have to be severed in precisely the same place; they need to be Healed with the male half of the power.

I don't think they'd go for it because in the first place, "should" ("should be fine") is the operative word, and they won't want to chance it, and also because stilling is described as being extremely painful.

i think that the healing Nyneave did is like if a bridge collapse and u just put down a wooden beam so u can cross it, and then u fix it for real later.

i realy hope that siuan are fully restored in the next book.

siuan is the coolest AS!

• 2 weeks later...

Remember when rand got his second wound, who all worked on him everyone helped in a different way. I think all that is necessary to bring them back to full strength is for flynn to have a crack at them

It has been said I have a simple mind

• 2 weeks later...

A male should be able to heal them back to their full strength - whether they have to be stilled again or not I'm not sure - I suspect they would have to be.

What's a more interesting thought, is can this technique or a similar one be used on non-channelers to give them the ability to learn to channel?

I doubt it's a one-time deal. Let's say you get shot in the arm' date=' and it is Healed by an Aes Sedai. Then the next day you get shot in the arm again, in the exact same place. An Aes Sedai would Heal it again. Shouldn't the same thing apply to being stilled?[/quote']

Once you get damaged, it stays damaged and when you heal it, it will not be as good as before.

Take Rand's hand for example, now that he is "healed", even if you find someone who can restore a hand, I highly doubt that person can do it even if you cut off his stump again.

Archived