DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If men can't link, were the 100 companions just cheerleaders?

bubbified

If men can't link, and all the forsaken were trapped inside the bore or seal(indicating they weren't close enough to LTT to be fighting), then were the 100 companions just sitting around saying "do it LTT, we go your back"?  Or did they play a role in the sealing?  Is there a way for constructs with the power to made using simultaneous male (or female) channeling, but not linking?  I think I remember parts about ter'angreal being used in such a way, but not a standing flow.

Or the barrier the Asha'man made during dumai's wells. It makes me think as a lego construction, I don't know why ;)

Yes and the hundred companions are AoL channelers, and so are far more competent with saidin than a cluster of half trained Adha'man just enroled in the black tower.

But the title of this topic is quite funny. I had in mind 113 person making "LEWS THERIN TELAMON ROCKS" with their body at Shayol Ghul while Lews was concentrating in putting every seal perfectly to seal the bore, turning to them and saying :

"Come on guys! Just shut up for five minutes please. Don't you see I'm saving the world right now? We will celebrate it at the Ansalin Garden if you want, but let me be for the moment!"

The actual 13 survivng Forsaken couldn't have been outside fighting LTT and his Companions, since then you would be hard-pressed to explain why they got Sealed away when LTT didn't. Nevertheless, there was a ferocious battle going on, which included regular soldiers as well. Read the Strike at Shayol Ghul if you haven't already, it's fairly interesting.

BTW Demiandre, the Companions were mostly young AS, they weren't as skilled as LTT and the Forsaken.

But the Forsaken were all inside Shayol Ghul, if nt they wouldn't have been bound in the first place... I don't remember how long lastetcthe Strike at Shayol Ghul, so I couldn't say if the Forsaken fighted Lews before going to a meeting with the Dark One during the height of the attack? It seems a little bit hard to believe, no? Maybe dreadlords or minor Forsaken, probably Shadowspawn. But they were so many because they didn't expect the Forsaken to be with their Master.

Didn't only 60 or so survive the actual sealing in the first place? (its been a while so my memory is a bit fuzzy.) if that is the case, that implies there was alot of fighting betwene them and Forsaken and whatever other darkfriends were in the area. I imagine its not particularly safe channeling near the Dark One either.

Its possible that Lews Therin did the actual sealing himself, like he did the seals 1 by one like buttons on a shirt, gradualy closing the bore as the companions and regular soldiers fought shadow spawn/dreadlords/whoever. And now as the seals are breaking its like buttons on a shirt popping open, letting the evil beer gut spill out, and when the seventh button/seal has been popped, the manboobs/darkone is released. Seriously though 'The Strike At Shayol Goul' is essental reading

But the Forsaken were all inside Shayol Ghul, if nt they wouldn't have been bound in the first place... I don't remember how long lastetcthe Strike at Shayol Ghul, so I couldn't say if the Forsaken fighted Lews before going to a meeting with the Dark One during the height of the attack? It seems a little bit hard to believe, no? Maybe dreadlords or minor Forsaken, probably Shadowspawn. But they were so many because they didn't expect the Forsaken to be with their Master.

There were many more Forsaken than the ones who were sealed away.

i think all shadow-channelers were called forsaken back then, because the term dreadlord only came into being during the trolloc wars becuase the darkfrined channelers were scared that if they called themselves forsaken the real forsaken would punish them whenb they awakened. but the 13 most important forsaken were at a meeting in shayol hgul, perhaps with lower-level honour guard and shadowspawn.

Archived