DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ebook at release

sueil

Has there been any word on an Ebook version of ToM at release/same time as hardback version? Been buying all the ebooks and would hate to have to buy the hardcover and then have the ebook come out a few months later.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what time of day Kindle editions are available on the day of release?  I am hoping it will be available at midnight east coast time.  I just hope that Amazon does not crash when thousands try to buy the Kindle edition at the moment it is first available.

Ebooks are easier if you don't live in the US/UK. Then you can wait for the paperback to order the actual book.

Why is that easier?

Oh, if you order the hardcover you have to wait until it gets to you (I don't know if what I say applies everywhere, but I feel confident in saying that in most of the world, you'll have to wait for Amazon.com to deliver your book via airmail. This can take up to several weeks). The ebook is available to download the minute the book's released (though some restrictions still apply).

BTW I've just noticed what was said earlier regarding pricing (skipped over that part the last time around). That's scandalous.

Ebooks are easier if you don't live in the US/UK. Then you can wait for the paperback to order the actual book.

Why is that easier?

Oh, if you order the hardcover you have to wait until it gets to you (I don't know if what I say applies everywhere, but I feel confident in saying that in most of the world, you'll have to wait for Amazon.com to deliver your book via airmail. This can take up to several weeks). The ebook is available to download the minute the book's released (though some restrictions still apply).

BTW I've just noticed what was said earlier regarding pricing (skipped over that part the last time around). That's scandalous.

You are correct Ebooks are easier,  I don't know what I was thinking when I questioned that...

I've seen on Tor.com that Nov2 is the release date for TGS ebook. Moreover, ToM doesn't appear on their list. So I checked again - the ToM kindle version is listed as 'Not currently available'. I'm not at all sure that they'll release it at the same time as the hardcover.

• 4 months later...

I had pre ordered the ebook but cancelled the order when it got pushed back. Ended up buying two hard covers. One for my collection and one to give to my dad. I gave my dad the one I read, but before I did I used it to make my own ebook. Now I have a readable ebook version and a pristine unread hardcover.

Well in case anyone was wondering it'll be a few more months yet for the e-book... so yeah.

Actually Towers of Midnight is out on January the 31st. Which is 34 days away, don't know where you got your months away from.

Because the original release date was November of 2011. And then it was moved up to either February or March 2011. Apparently its been moved up again if its January.

My link

It is official Elend, that it is January. No guesses this time by Amazon or other retailers. The February or March was a tentative guess by Brandon no date was ever given.

Funny it is not yet listed on Amazon.

That's weird as it was priced and a date less than a week ago. There is a price and release date for the UK. I wonder what Tor are playing at, but if you look on the Tor forum there is an official release from them about ToM.

Archived