DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn?

Fains nose

Now i want you guys to be be completely objective about Brandon Sandersons "Mistborn" series; is it actualy good and better than other fantasy novels, should i read it or can anyone recomend something better that is top notch and can fill the void until ToM comes out

I actually really enjoyed the Mistborn series. I'm very skeptical about reading a different series (I've been reading The Wheel of Time series since 1999) but I made the jump to Sanderson since he was selected to finish the series. They can be a quick read, but like I said. I enjoyed them very much and am looking forward to his new book Warbreaker

I am about 1/3 the way through the last book of the mistborn trilogy, and I would definitely recommend it.  I was very impressed by the 1st book, the 2nd one was still good, but not as good as the 1st(in my eyes).  So far the 3rd book is pretty good, and I am dreading ending it.  I need to find a new series to read while I wait for the 13 WoT book(already done 2 rereads of the series!).

I enjoyed the series. It's not quite as epic as wot, not as involved, but it's definitely comparable in several ways. worth the time.

i would dispute it being an easy ready based on length, not content. they really are pretty massive when considering type set and thin pages.

i have two main criticisms of the series. one he overstates religion in most of his work. but that's personal.

the other is that at first, his plot twists are... easy to see coming. red herrings, if there were any, weren't strong enough. that said, he does get better at this with experience. indeed, i think the whole last book was meant to address this. ;) possibly with some defiance.

Archived