DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aching for Big News!

jemron

I just feel like I need something BIG soon.  The news of ToM being "finished" and in editing has got me aching for some big news and/or releases of new content.  I know they don't owe me anything, and they're still more willing than every before to release new WoT content regularly (which is Awesome btw), but I need SOMETHING new, like an electronic version of the prologue, or sample chapters, or something BIG that will help me through the slump of waiting. 

I know I'm just being greedy, but I need my WoT fix!  And the ToM release date push back and new cover art isn't enough!  I'm just in that mood.  Who's with me?!

Or, perhaps a better question is, what do you most want next?  I really hope for the prologue soon; but I"m guessing that won't be made available until October or so (probably a month or two before the release, right).

IIRC, the TGS prologue and Chapters 1 & 2 were released last September, a few weeks before the  release.  I'd imagine the prologue would be released sometime in September. But given the tight deadline for the final draft to be due (August 17th) we may not get the prologue released early this time, let alone the first two chapters. 

Either way, I'm cool with waiting until November 2nd if necessary.  After all-when was the last time we had 2 WOT books released only a year apart from each other? You have to go all the way back to TFOH (Oct. '93) and LoC (Oct. '94).  Holy crap-I've really been reading the series that long? ;)

If it's anything like last year, we'll get some preview material in September. I'm actually hoping for a reading from TofM at Dragon*Con, but I haven't heard yet.

And yes, I'm going as fast as I can on the WoT FAQ to try and finish it this summer. We'll see how long I can keep it up.

Whats the WoT FAQ?

It was originally here: http://www.darkfriends.net/wheel/0_admin/0.01_intro.html

But as you can see it isn't updated anymore. Dragonmount has taken it over, and Kathana's getting it in shape for release sometime in August (right?).

Yes I wouldn't mind reading the stormlight archives but it isn't out here till after towers of midnight. Just found that out the other day. I'm actually not that pushed that the dat was pushed back. If that had of happened last year I would of been like 'crap'.

What do you mean? TWoK should be out Aug 31.

November 2 will be a huge day of pleasure for me, and one in which I go broke. Not only will I be buying a copy of ToM for myself and my girlfriend, but I also HAVE to buy Tad Williams Shadowheart which comes out the SAME DAY!  ;D ;D ;D

I'm not sure that was particularly smart on behave of Williams' publishers, but I won't complain.

Oh, come on, GRRM has 4 more books in his series. BS will easily release 7 books before aSoIaF is over :)

GRRM won't finish ASoIaF if he writes till he's "a hunnerd' and ten". It's fairly plain he has not a clue how it ends or if he does, how to get there from where he is. He's the most infuriating writer I've ever come across.

He's more prolific on his "Not A Blog" than he is his most commercially viable story and he keeps spinning his wheels p(mping his latest hunka hunka burning DROSS. So Yes; he IS concerned with selling.

Its not out in Ireland and UK till spring 2011, unless I'm mistaken

You are mistaken, according to here:http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=1301

Although the date has changed by a week, it seems to imply that the UK will be getting it the same time as the US this was also true for the Gathering Storm.

I was talking about Brandon's own series which he will be releasing soon. Looks good, mind you I only read the prelude. Which reminded me of the start of the wheel of time.

Archived