DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who's going to die before or during Last Battle?

It seems like RJ likes to keep everyone alive because the ones who have died throughout the series were mostly minor characters or dark, you know?

So... I'm curious to hear your predictions about who will die and who won't.

My guesses:

Mat -- He is a battle leader and he can recall dying several times in past lives during ancient battles.  I see him dying and his soul becoming linked to the Heros of the Horn.  I'd rather not see him go but hey, the wheel weaves as the wheel wills.

Perrin -- I go back and forth with him.

Ok, I'm drawing a blank about the females.  Your turn!

• 2 weeks later...

Mine would be:

Cadsuane: She says shes near the end of her life and all that is left is the Dragon Reborn, I can see her dead.

Faile: Not just because i dont like her, but it would be intersting to see what Perrin's reaction would be. But after 3-4 books of her being captured, i dont think it likely.

Bashere and Tenobia: Perrin seems like he will inherit the Broken Crown (crown of Saldaea) so they would have to die for that to happen.

alot of other characters, but I cannot see any reason why really, so my prediction would be at least Cadsuane/Bashere/Tenobia are toast for sure

Maybe egwene, i mean if you think about it, shes going to spend the next 300 years doing a desk job, not exactly a happy ever after ending. what is the point of her life?, the aes sedai dont realy serve any real purpose to society at all. Plus egwenes romance with Gawyn is rocky and basicaly pointles as it will only last for a very small part of her possibly 600+ year life. Im not an egwene hater at all i enjoy her character and would like to see her go out in a blaze of glory

Min. She serves no long term purpose in the story.

I may be am overstating the obvious here but I think Min's knowledge will play a crucial role in the Last Battle.  Ok so duh, she's the nerdy bookworm of the three women.  Duh, she's trying to puzzle out those books.  I totally see her finding the answer Rand needs to gain information on how to defeat the DO.

Oh and, I think that Lan will die and Nynaeve may be a goner as well.  I don't feel like elaborating my speculation at the moment but basically, I think Lan and Nynaeve are kind of like Romeo and Juliet in the sense that Lan is going to hear that Nynaeve is supposedly dead by, say, a particular dark foe.  Lan will try to avenge her death and will die in the process.  Of course, Nynaeve won't be dead but then she will find out that Lan really is dead and then she will die trying to avenge his death.

I've posted this bit on another topic not too long ago but I think it's a fascinating twist that Nynaeve and Lan are not bonded.  We all know that the bond between AS and Warder is a super intimate thing -- something that ordinary couples will never know.  I don't see her bonding Lan at all and that will only add to the irony of it all.  Again, I have more to this but... but... but... my fingers are tired.  

=)

I may be am overstating the obvious here but I think Min's knowledge will play a crucial role in the Last Battle.  Ok so duh, she's the nerdy bookworm of the three women.  Duh, she's trying to puzzle out those books.  I totally see her finding the answer Rand needs to gain information on how to defeat the DO.

Doubtful and wishful thinking. She is marked for death, donuts to dollars.

Amazing what you can dig out of books if you read long enough, isn't it..  ;)

He's got jokes!  Amazing what quotes you can remember if you read long enough.  Or re-read the books over and over.

:)

Sorry, which 'he' did you mean?

SHE! I mean SHE!  I'm sorry about that... I guess I'm just resigned to the fact that us females are quite outnumbered here on the forums.  And as fans of the series in general, I suppose.  :P

Doubtful and wishful thinking. She is marked for death, donuts to dollars.

Oh, I don't doubt whatsoever that she is toast... I imagine her having a 'Eureka!!' moment, revealing the answer and then she's a goner.  Kind of like the AS who foretold the Dragon's birth in New Spring.  What was that woman's name... Gitara??  It wasn't Tarna.... damnit.  I poke smot, therefore my memory has as many holes as Mat's, only my memory lapses didn't get replaced with awesome battle knowledge.

Amazing what you can dig out of books if you read long enough, isn't it..  ;)

He's got jokes!  Amazing what quotes you can remember if you read long enough.  Or re-read the books over and over.

:)

Sorry, which 'he' did you mean?

SHE! I mean SHE!  I'm sorry about that... I guess I'm just resigned to the fact that us females are quite outnumbered here on the forums.  And as fans of the series in general, I suppose.   :P

No problem.. but it occurred to me that you might have misread my post as coming from a MCP*, rather than from a woman who actually has quite a lot of empathy with Min. (Except that if my man EVER even THINKS about a foursome he'll be taking his essentials home in a paper bag.. ;)  )

*male chauvinist pig  ;)

Archived