DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

TOM is up for pre-order on Amazon

A Trite Pun

The best option is to order it from Amazon (no tax and free shipping if the order is more than $25). Then buy the ebook or audiobook instead. I've already made my pre-order of two copies (one for reading, one for display) only $17.99 each. That way you save money and time. No need to even waste time driving to the store. If you already have a Kindle, iPhone, iPod Touch, Sony Reader, B&N Nook or a half dozen others, you can be reading while all your friends are freezing their butts off at the midnight release locations. If not, you can kick back and listen to Kate Reading and Michael Kramer bring every character to life in a way that you never before imagined.

Are there WoT audiobooks done by different voice actors because i downloaded an EotW audiobook off bittorent and it was in this lame american accent and was just laughably bad. How much are the Kramer ones on iTunes, what accent does he have?

Are there WoT audiobooks done by different voice actors because i downloaded an EotW audiobook off bittorent and it was in this lame american accent and was just laughably bad. How much are the Kramer ones on iTunes, what accent does he have?

As far as I know, the only English language ones are the ones read by the Aericans Kramer and Reading.

As far as I know, the only English language ones are the ones read by the Aericans Kramer and Reading.

Kate Reading is British, just heard the podcast of her and Michael talking about thier woek.

Kate Reading is British, just heard the podcast of her and Michael talking about thier woek.

Really? Huh. I guess her time in America has tempered her accent to the point that I didn't recognise it as being British.

You can hear Kate Readings' accent creep up on occasion, but when she reads the WoT I think she intentionally masks it. The audiobook is produced state-side and is primarily purchased here. Though not exclusively. Our own Mod Luckers is an Aussie as I recall. The likelihood of another edition ever being published in english is slim as these books are so large and the production costs for books that take between 24 and 40 hours to read are so high.

I've had this conversation with several of my Scots, English and Euro pals. My line is always.. "It's written by an American. A South Carolina American for all love. It's not situated in Brit Land. WHY would it need to be read with a Brit accent?

"Because it's Fantasy", is the standard reply and I paraphrase.

"Take a Chill Pill" is MY standard reply to that reply. Which is  usually the conversation killer.  :-\  ;)

Speakin' of which.. Why do Romans/Egyptians etc. in English Language films always sound like Sir John Gielgud? I mean.. What the heck was wrong with Edward G. Robinson in "The Ten Commandments" soundin' like an old school Bronx taxi driver?  ;D

Archived