DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nynaeve kneeling over a corpse

Hey everyone, just finishing tGS again and i read a passage i missed earlier.  Basically, Min Cads and Nynaeve are waiting for the fallout from the Rand/Tam meeting, Min and cads talk callandor, then min views Nynaeve kneeling in grief over a corpse.  she shrugs it off as one of the random visions she gets that she cant interpret, but this one seems pretty specific to me.

So the question is, which loved one of Nynaeve's dies in the next two books?  Lan seems likely.

Hey everyone, just finishing tGS again and i read a passage i missed earlier.  Basically, Min Cads and Nynaeve are waiting for the fallout from the Rand/Tam meeting, Min and cads talk callandor, then min views Nynaeve kneeling in grief over a corpse.  she shrugs it off as one of the random visions she gets that she cant interpret, but this one seems pretty specific to me.

So the question is, which loved one of Nynaeve's dies in the next two books?  Lan seems likely.

Yeah Lan does seem likely, which means its probably not him :P

Probably Rand. There are enough dreams and viewings of him on a funeral bier and dying, this is probably just another one of those.

Rand, absolutely. Nynaeves involvement in TGS, as the only one who tries to understand why Rand is the way he is, the one who still cares after all this, she became my favorite female.

I think in some ways Nynaeve might mourn more for Rand than for Lan, because Lan grew up as the warrior and knew he would die fighting the Shadow. Rand was born a sheepherder and is resigned to his death, and that is something Nynaeve has never lost sight of.

I think that what Min sees is a fork in the Pattern - the Viewing 'winks out' quickly. At that point, Rand is with his foster-father Tam, a meeting that culminates in Rand nearly balefiring Tam. He draws back in horror at what he was about to do. If he had not, Tam would have died; but he did, so Tam lives, and the Viewing vanishes.

Several objections were raised to this when I suggested it elsewhere.

Firstly, Min Viewed a corpse. Balefire doesn't leave bodies lying around. Howver, Min's Viewings are often symbolical rather than literal.

Secondly, Min reads the Pattern for the future, and her Viewings are alwys true (thus spake RJ). However, she has had many Viewings concerning post-TG events, which characters have interpreted as meaning that their victory over the Shadow is assured.. until it's pointed out to them that if the DO wins, there will be no Pattern.

So here we have a ta'veren - Rand - who can bend the Pattern around himself, making a decision which will have long term inplications.. and that decision is what Min Views.

this might be far fetched but through out all the books healing anything short of death should be possible. so far she has healed stilling so maybee lan is going to die. and maybee she gets so angry and powerfull even though she doesnt need to be angry any more to channel do you think she will heal death? i have thought about this a lot every time it is mentioned of not being possible.

so maybee it might happen just a thought i had   

this might be far fetched but through out all the books healing anything short of death should be possible. so far she has healed stilling so maybee lan is going to die. and maybee she gets so angry and powerfull even though she doesnt need to be angry any more to channel do you think she will heal death? i have thought about this a lot every time it is mentioned of not being possible.

so maybee it might happen just a thought i had     

Basically, RJ said in an interview-which I cant find-that a Nyms soul could be said to have been borrowed from the pool of souls awaiting rebirth. That means resurrection is possible. You just have to have a body to put the soul in, and obviously know how to get the souls in the first place, but its possible. The only hard thing about it is you probably cant put a soul into a body thats alive, and so the good guys would be hard pressed to justify doing it unless it was a bad guys body and they were willing to kill them without mortally wounding them.

It could be Lan dying in the epilogue, so many years after TG. This funeral could  lead to a reunion and could let us know what everyone is up to.

I think it will be Tam.  I have absolutely no evidence to support my thought.  Just a gut feeling.

Basically, RJ said in an interview-which I cant find-that a Nyms soul could be said to have been borrowed from the pool of souls awaiting rebirth. That means resurrection is possible. You just have to have a body to put the soul in, and obviously know how to get the souls in the first place, but its possible. The only hard thing about it is you probably cant put a soul into a body thats alive, and so the good guys would be hard pressed to justify doing it unless it was a bad guys body and they were willing to kill them without mortally wounding them.

I like this idea. it made me think of the three become one prophecy. Where Lews Therin's voice merging with Rand was one and then Nynaeve transferring Rand's soul into Moridin's body because of their link.

corpse, not rand, rand dies and is healed, comes back without memories of LTT, Seachan female Channeler helps him. Nynaeve heals him after, not mourns his corpse

Lan is a possibility, but the only change in the pattern at this point is the likelihood that Rand will not let Lan die now, before he was willing to let Lan die... does that mean Rand trying to save Lan kills him...? but more likely it is someone else

Funny you mention this... just finished a re-read too and I totally missed this passage about Min's viewing.  I've always had this scene play out in my head that Nynaeve and Lan's story will kind of be like of a Romeo and Juliet-like kind of thing.  Nynaeve is going to hear that Lan is 'dead'.  She will obviously freak out and then do something nuts to avenge his death and on and on... you get the idea.

The irony about Nynaeve and Lan's storyline is that they are not bonded.  We all know that the bond between AS and their warders is a very intimate connection that simple folk will never experience or understand the like. I'm wondering if they will never bond and because of which, Nynaeve will be only woman out of the super girls to not be inside their man's head.

Archived