DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So where do you think TOM is going to leave off?

A Trite Pun

I have this sinking feeling that TOM is going to end with a rather major cliff hanger.  Since we all kind of know the super-over reaching arc of how the rest of the WOT will go, where do you guys think the TOM will end?  Will everyone meet up first, will the Last Battle just begin, will they be just about to travel to Shayol Ghul?  What do you think?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea someone else had on here in a different thread, so credit to whoever posted it.

The last sentence of the book is "The Dragon Reborn is dead."

my personal fav is "I win again Lews Therin" cant recall who posted it first though

"Don't Stop Believin'" will be playing in the background, and the page will suddenly fade to black. ;)

I think it's going to end with a cliffhanger on Mat.  It certainly wouldn't be the first time it happened (e.g. ACoS).  I just think Mat has SO much to do in ToM that the Tower of Ghenjei is going to come in the latter half of the book.

I think it will end with the remaining Forsaken at a Forsaken meeting.  Moridin will be talking and Demandred will rip one.  The scene will end with Demandred trying not to giggle (but failing), the women looking disgustedly at him, and Moridin throwing his hands in the air muttering "I give up." :P

i hope it doesnt end when Moiraine is rescued, because i want to see her do some stuff first, like meet Rand, its been too long, but i have a bad feeling it wil. I hope it ends with Rands death, or who killed Asmodean on the last page, something massive to lead into the next book

I could see it leaving off with the line: "Oh, and ______ killed Asmodean.  Was that really so hard?" after the snippet of Prophecy at the end.

Really, though, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended in a dark place for the Light, like the beginning of Tarmon Gai'don, or Rand being "dead" as others have said, or even the Golden Crane charging into the Blight and being destroyed... something like that.  If it does end on a hopeful note, I imagine it will be something like Rand and Egwene uniting the towers, Rand and Fortuona making peace, Rand and Moiraine meeting up again, etc.

I'm guessing it will end with a dark place, though.  Like with a Gawyn POV.

rand tripping over a dead body and seeing it is elayne's. moridin is standing in front of him and he says

"i win again lews therin"

then rand sees he is at SG and suddenly his wound bursts open as rand screams NOOOOOO!!!!!

then it ends

As the old saying has it, the darkest hour is just before the dawn..

Something very dark, or a series of dark things, defeats and set-backs for the Light...

...and then, in the epilogue, something unexpected that brings a ray of hope, and has everyone salivating for the final book that much more.

Heh - I suppose the 'Birth of the Twins' would be a touch too plaguristic, eh?

I noticed that too, jadelollipop.  Everyone talks about how so much happens in books 1-4, and 5-6, and I think it's largely because up until that point, all the companions are more or less together.  It'll be fun to see them all get together again.

I see Towers of Midnight ending with the following sentence:

Moiraine knelt in the Pit of Doom, and for once she did not care that Shaidar Haran watched her trembling with that eyeless, impassive gaze. "Have I not done well, Great Lord?"

The Great Lord's laughter filled Moiraine's head.

How's THAT for an unexpected twist!  :D

How's THAT for an unexpected twist!  :D

It would suck. I love Moiraine  :'( She's the coolest character in WoT

I never said it would be an ending we'd like to see.  It would definitely suck.  Especially after they went through all that trouble to rescue her!

But, I think we're safe from that one actually happening.  ;)

I'd actually like to see ToM ending with everything in total chaos, Rand dead, and Cadsuane slumped over, thinking she's failed completely, when in walks Moiraine (an earlier cliffhanger in the book makes it look like she might not have escaped the Tower) and she fixes Cadsuane with a look that says something like "You screwed it all up, didn't you?" Cadsuane gets the gist of it and says "All is lost, you survived only to return to the end of all things," and then Moiraine says something like "All is not lost. We have not yet begun to fight.

"We can win this war."

-Flash to black screen, roll credits-

I'd actually like to see ToM ending with everything in total chaos, Rand dead, and Cadsuane slumped over, thinking she's failed completely, when in walks Moiraine (an earlier cliffhanger in the book makes it look like she might not have escaped the Tower) and she fixes Cadsuane with a look that says something like "You screwed it all up, didn't you?" Cadsuane gets the gist of it and says "All is lost, you survived only to return to the end of all things," and then Moiraine says something like "All is not lost. We have not yet begun to fight.

"We can win this war."

That would be fantastic, seeing Cadsuane humbled again.  Gawd, she needs to be taken down a few pegs.

"We can win this war."

Better yet, don't say it's Moiraine, just someone walking in, Cadsuane's breath catches in her throat, she's told she's screwed things up, and then comes the hope - but we still don't yet know who's walked in..

Mat ends up rescuing Moiraine but had to give them time to escape. He gets bonked on the head or something and wakes up naked and bound, snarling; an odd spear with a black shaft had been thrust across his back behind his elbows, and a silver medallion, a foxhead, hung on his chest. Now that would suck.

Archived