DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elaida?

StefanR

We know from Thom that his nephew Owyn was gentled by the Red Ajah and, left alone, had died. We also know that Toveine was ordered into solitary exile.

"Just twenty-four in the last twenty years. And you know

how the land has been scoured." - ACoS

""Twenty-four is a dangerous number to speak aloud," Alviarin said with an

ominous quiet, ' 'as dangerous as two thousand. The Chronicles record only

sixteen. The last thing needed now is for those years to rear up again. Or

for sisters who know only what they were told to learn the truth. Even those

you brought back hold their silence.

Elaida put on a bemused look. So far as she knew, Alviarin had learned the

truth of those years only on being raised Keeper, but her own knowledge was

more personal. Not that Alviarin could be aware of that. Not for certain,

anyway. "Daughter, whatever comes out, I have no fear. Who is going to

impose a penance on me, and on what charge?"

It seems like Elaida was behind the gentling of men without tower approval. What do you all think?

she could've gentled Owyn seeing as I think Thom was Bard to Morgase by that time and Eliada attached herself to Morgase on the misinterpreted foretelling

I got it figured out, the seanchean are not going to learn travelling because thom will save moraine and moraine will tell thom all she knows and thom will kill elaida before she reveals it

She wasn't behind it. Galina urged the move on behalf of the Black Ajah, and it was enforced by the Sitters of the time--Tsutama, Lirene and Toveine. She did know of it, however, and likely played some part. But if so it was only a minor one. She was kept in Caemlyn due to her duties to Morgase.

I'll be interesting to see how Thom deals with finding out who gentled Owyn

I always thought that was RJ's plan for getting rid of her. Now that it doesn't matter, I'm not sure what'll happen with this loose end. Might be one of those that don't get resolved.

I'd say that could be a "Who? I'll kill her!", followed by, "No you can't, she's been taken by the Seanchan/beheaded by Egwene", "Oh, well, ok then, I'll just get on with keeping my scrawny ass out of a trolloc cookpot."

Thom would love to get revenge, but there just won't be the time for that kind of thing. It'll be let go unless circumstance contrives to drop it in his lap.

I'd say that could be a "Who? I'll kill her!", followed by, "No you can't, she's been taken by the Seanchan/beheaded by Egwene", "Oh, well, ok then, I'll just get on with keeping my scrawny ass out of a trolloc cookpot."

Thom would love to get revenge, but there just won't be the time for that kind of thing. It'll be let go unless circumstance contrives to drop it in his lap.

I could see when a second meeting takes place mat and thom will be brought in by rand, and Fortuona will show off elaida because she'll yell I am the amyrlin seat or something early in her captivity and Fortuona will want to show her power

The best justice for Eladia would, in my opinion, to become stilled herself.

Particularly after learning that 1) Stilling can be Healed and 2) no one who knows how will do it for her.

She is/was a wonderful example of how not all of man's capacity for evil stems from the DO, but rather its our innate capacity for evil that causes soem to seek him out. Eladia was plenty evil on her own without ever actually intending to be.

And I'm not giving her a pass for PF corruption either.

Can we please refer to her by her new name, Suffa?  Thanks!  *sarcasm off*

There are many possibilities of information Tuon will be able to extricate from her that could make things interesting.

Possibly telling them that Andor is the key to Tarmon Gaidon? --queue Battle of Caemyln

Decent information about the now current Amrylin, her connection to The Dragon Reborn and Perrin and Mat of course.

Elaida was pretty much a ditz but she never realized the importance of the 3 ta'veren correct?

Anything else I'm missing besides Traveling?

I don't there being a seanchan battle of Caemlyn, or Rand really will Balefire Ebou Dar and much else.  There could be a shadowspawn battle of Caemlyn, there was Egwene's test.  I'm not saying that's a predictor but quite a few things came out of that test.  Speaking of Caemlyn, I wish we knew what Elayne's accepted was, we saw Nyneave's and Egwene's

I don't there being a seanchan battle of Caemlyn, or Rand really will Balefire Ebou Dar and much else. 

And good luck pulling that off when the BT is right next door.  AM have truly one purpose at this point, to kill enemies of Rand.

BTW I always thought the whole Owain Affair was done because Elaida didn't like the influence Thom had with Morgase. 

AS advisers want the sovereign they are "advising" to only come to them for advice (ie the AS tells them what to do) every AS adviser we've seen so far are like that, even Moriane.

Anywho, she found at about Owain pulled some strings to get him gentled illegally then found a way for Thom to "learn" this and he hares off to help his nephew.  Morgase questions where he's been and he blows up at her causing her to demand his head.  He flees and is out of her life for good.  An angry and broken hearted queen goes to Elaida. 

Archived