DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Any thought's or opinions that changed when you came online?

scott_swampy

This seems a really odd thing to ask I know. But it occurred to me the other day that I really liked Faile before I got into WoT online fandom. Now I hate her like poison! Not that I’m blaming any of you but my opinions just change given new info. Like I have heard it said that people didn’t realize the significance of the whole mat gets raped scene. This is not to pass judgment one way or the other they just didn’t see it as significant.

So any others?

This seems a really odd thing to ask I know. But it occurred to me the other day that I really liked Faile before I got into WoT online fandom. Now I hate her like poison! Not that I’m blaming any of you but my opinions just change given new info. Like I have heard it said that people didn’t realize the significance of the whole mat gets raped scene. This is not to pass judgment one way or the other they just didn’t see it as significant.

So any others?

Count me in as another who didn't notice the full creepiness of the Mat/Tylin thing until I started talking it over with people online and to a lesser degree IRL. I registered it in the back of my head my first time through the books, but it was overshadowed by all the events that were going on at the same time until online discussion made me take a second look and go "Oh. Oh dear. That's really, really bad."

I didn't like Faile before an I don't now.

A lot of people don't like Elayne ...I do, she's a little snooty an full of herself but remember... she's been groomed from the cradle to be a the Ruler of Andor....you'd expect her to be full of her self and a little snooty....

aCoS showed us the twit in her...I said TWIT!

But I put the blame for that square in the hands of Nyneve...Who is a snooty twit thats full of herself.

I think Brandon said the next book (ToM) will be focused on character development, we should see Elayne go through her growing up as Queen...I think she'll make an awesome Queen.

Now as for the topic..... I didn't like Therava before but I do after a re-reading of the series.

And little Lina will be a good girl... :)

I was a dumb kid who didn't get a lot of little intricate details of the books until I read on-line about some of the theories out there.  Then I went "OH!  That makes tons of sense!"  And I adopted a lot of theories about the books that I couldn't come up with on my own.  Now I usually make theories based on other's theories, but then I add my own flare to them  :).

The biggest thing for me was learning later that Taim wasn't actually Demandred.  The internet both convinced me that he was, and then later convinced me that he wasn't.

Archived