DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Events you're most looking forward to at this point...?

gambril

For me:

-Tuon & Mat renuion, Tuon PoV when she learns that Toy is the one who blew the Horn of Valere (can we get a hard rap on the head here  ;D)

-All the main characters renuion and subsequent (hopefully) sharing of information...just for once would be nice

-Moiraine returning will be better than defeating the Dark One maybe

-Egwene and Tuon most particuarly getting put in their place

-Perrin to stop being emo and not think about Faile for a page

-Gawyn dying the worst possible death

-Aes Sedai realizing they don't walk on water

For me:

-Tuon & Mat renuion, Tuon PoV when she learns that Toy is the one who blew the Horn of Valere (can we get a hard rap on the head here  ;D)

-All the main characters renuion and subsequent (hopefully) sharing of information...just for once would be nice

-Moiraine returning will be better than defeating the Dark One maybe

-Egwene and Tuon most particuarly getting put in their place

-Perrin to stop being emo and not think about Faile for a page

-Gawyn dying the worst possible death

-Aes Sedai realizing they don't walk on water

Haha.. I really don't like Tuon.. I would have liked her character more if she wasn't so Seanchan-y. The whole people being property thing strikes a nerve with me, which I guess was the point of the Seanchan. I actually liked Mat less after he became involved with her, since he was so willing to turn a blind eye to such atrocities. I know about the Aelfinn prophecies he had, but in the end it sounded more like he went into that relationship under his own choice, rather than just to fulfill a prophecy for his own sake.

I'm not sure it will ever happen, but it would be nice to see different sides working together without having a battle of wills over every.single.thing. It's like the only form of correspondence that exists is bullying and condescension.

Any sort of negotiations that take place I've noticed always have a hidden agenda of one side trying to utterly dominate the other, rather than trying to reach a mutually agreeable conclusion.

1. Taim vs. Logain (best fight on the undercard)

2. Mat Thom and the tower (oh yeah)

3. Morianne (I miss her character, in the same way that, after you break up with a crazy/annoying girlfriend, you remember the good parts more often than the bad)

4. Rand v. Moridin (may not happen)

5. Rand v. Dark One

6. Rand jacking up the Seanchan, in that "I'M OUT OF THE BOX MOTHERF**KERS" style from Lord of Chaos

7. Use of the Horn

8. Light finally turning the tide

The thing that's going be really funny is that since Rand is probably going to be a proper timeless dragon now(whether or not he has all dragon's memories or just LTT) is him meeting Egwene.  Actually alot of Egwene meeting are going to be fun.

Egwene v Cadsuane(if they meet)

Egwene meeting her mother, father or Tam because remember she's the only one of the Emond's fielders, Rand, Mat, Perrin, Nyneave) that she at not point wants to go back

Egwene v Moiraine; should be very interesting

Egwene meeting Mat that's gonna be hilarious considering Mat is a bit timeless too.

Egwene v Nyneave; she really went down hill when she found out she could bully Nyneave and she still hasn't told Nyneave she was bullying her under false pretenses.

Moiraine v Cadsuane- Moiraine thinks Cadsuane is a dark friend and Cadsuane thinks Moiraine screwed up with how she dealt with Rand.

Moiraine coming back and fulfilling the "wizard advisor" part of the formula for epic fantasy.

Nyneave getting sworn on the Oath Rod and being able to give Cadsuane a penace for not deferring to her.

Cadsuane learning to have to deal with AS stronger in the OP then her. (MORE penances!)

Rand getting Egwene to exile Cadsuane to the Tower until TG where she can join the rank and file AS on the battlefield (she is Green after all and I think her part has been played).

Rand lecturing the AS about how their was more to being AS in the AoL then the OP.

When Mat unleashes hell in the battlefield and show up the AS in battle.

I also wouldn't mind reading the scene where Mat's identity as the hornsounder becomes public knowledge.

Am I the only one who thinks that all the Hunters of the Horn will flood to him the moment they find out? Me thinks they will either to join him or put a dagger in his back so they have a chance to toot the horn!

A homecoming scene would be nice too.

I want to see Tuon's reaction when she learns that Setalle Anan was an ex-Aes Sedai.  Better still, if Setalle (or whatever her real name is) gets Healed.  Tuon is absolutely convinced that marath'damane are animals, to the point that she would never seriously consider anything they might have to say (and consequently would never change her mind based on listening to them).  But to confront a woman she already respected, and learn that the woman could channel... I think that would shake her.

the whole royal family gathering. Galad and Rand... Morgase and Rand...Elayne and Morgase... Gawyn and them all.  it'll be the best Jerry Spinger ever.

Mat, Thom rescue of Moraine from ToG

Rand and Egwene finally meeting again ( him telling her he wants peace w/ Seanchan and her saying she want a piece of the Seanchan after their attack )

Logain kicking some Taim arse in the BT

Rand and Moraine reuniting and him turning to Cadsuane saying " your fired"

Lan and some of his ride and how many men have flocked to the Crane

Elaida leashed and crying... woots what goes around comes around

Egwene and Cadsuane

and something i know probably won't happen but would love to see

Perrin crushing Fain's skull like a melon. ( since Perrin and Galad meet up, Dain would be there. have Dain make an amends w/ Perrin, telling him the truth behind his family's slaughter. Perrin hunting down and killing Fain would be friggin amazing to me. )

Everybody meeting up. Just, everybody, and sharing what has happened to them.

Every AS getting slapped in the face by everything they believe to be "impossible"

Moraine coming back

Finding out who killed Asmodean!!!

Egwene vs Rand (I hope both of them get at least a little bit of sense knocked into them)

Mat seeing tuon again.

Rand seeing Tam al'Thor again.

Rand meeting up with the white tower after the great purge of the black ajah.

Seeing what Lan Mandragoran does with his followers.

O yeah and I love Moiraine Damodred so seeing her come back, maybe lay with rand? HAHA man i hope she doesn't bed with Thom Merrilin.

I know she has some seriously deep feelings for someone but who I'm not certain.

Moiraine coming back

Logain v Taim

Lanfear finding out that Elayne is pregnant with Rand's kids and Elayne pulling the old "You can't kill me, I'll be fine until the babies are born", so Lanfear just tortures her for a while.  Then Moiraine kills Lanfear again.

Aginor coming back and then dying pointlessly again (he really should do this more often).

Gawyn getting pwned trying to kill Rand for killing his mother, but then finding out that Thom killed his father, and then failing at killing him so Gawyn feels sad at screwing up so badly and then he wanders offscreen and isn't seen again

Perrin running into the Whitecloaks again

Moiraine coming back

Logain v Taim

Lanfear finding out that Elayne is pregnant with Rand's kids and Elayne pulling the old "You can't kill me, I'll be fine until the babies are born", so Lanfear just tortures her for a while.  Then Moiraine kills Lanfear again.

Aginor coming back and then dying pointlessly again (he really should do this more often).

Gawyn getting pwned trying to kill Rand for killing his mother, but then finding out that Thom killed his father, and then failing at killing him so Gawyn feels sad at screwing up so badly and then he wanders offscreen and isn't seen again

Perrin running into the Whitecloaks again

I laughed till i cried. Although i wouldn't mind him coming back and proving why he was ever FS to begin with.

I can't wait to see Radn-Tam take two.

Aginor should really be one of the best FS. He was second in the POwer to Ish. He made all the shadowspawn and crap. I think RJ could have done alot with his character, like creating NEW ULTIMATE SHADOWSPAWN.

why i look forward to.

Moiraine (obviously, she is the greatest)

Taim V Logain

White Tower getting owned by Black Tower

Moiraine or Cadsuane knocking some sense into Egwene the arrogant child.

Rand after he has knocked some sense into himself and is now the greatest AS in the world with his knowledge of the AoL.

Demandred putting the AS or Ashaman to shame with his awesomeness and knowledge.

Elayne getting some sense knocked into her by Lini. (also the same for Gawyn)

Faile burned for a Darkfriend.

Tenobia and the borderlanders getting some sense knocked into them

Seanchan being ripped apart by the Sul'dam revelation and consequently having some sense knocked into them.

Aviendha knifing up Cyndane (lanfear) for being a crazy jealous btch.

Birgitte knocking some sense into her fool AS Elayne (i mean come on, she waltzes round risking her life with no care that if she dies, Birgitte will go crazy and die soon after.)

Min being awesome as usual and knocking some sense into Rands AS who try to control him

Faile burned for a Darkfriend.

She definatly need'

s to burn, the reason given doesn't really bother me.

I have a feeling Faile is one of the most misunderstood people in the books it seems.

Aginor should really be one of the best FS. He was second in the POwer to Ish. He made all the shadowspawn and crap. I think RJ could have done alot with his character, like creating NEW ULTIMATE SHADOWSPAWN.

The whole point of Aginor is that the skills that made him a great Forsaken in the first place (i.e., his scientific genius, especially with genetics) are no longer relevant in this Age, since he doesn't have the tools to make the tools to make the tools.... (That last bit is very nearly a direct quote from a Question of the Week answer, and is the best, and perhaps the only, evidence we have for ter'angreal that are used to make other ter'angreal.)

Moiraine meeting and skooling the f**k  out of Cadsuane, Cadsuane realises Moiraine is vastly superior to her in terms of acheivements and every other way, and Cadsuane meeting Egwene and getting wrecked and realising Egwene is far superior to her.The Wise Ones waking up and realising Cadsuane is their inferior, not an equal. Nynaeve waking up and realising she is far superior to Cadsuane in terms of achievements, strength etc.    Lan and the Malkieri in a skirmish and owning. The ogier marching to war "THIS IS MY SWAMP!"

1) The Moiraine resuce and maybe getting to know what she had been up to all that time in the ToG

2) I would like to see more of Lan's ride across the Borderlands

3) Who killed Asmodean!!!!!

4) The scene where everyone realises who Morgase is

Egwene getting mad at Rand because she's trying to have a serious discussion and he's just looking around the Hall of Sitters "thumbing his ear and humming like a looby."

Moiraine seducing Rand a la Mrs. Robinson from "The Graduate" and Rand running off with Moiriane (whom Min somehow mistook for Aviendha), Morgase (whom Min mistook for Elayne, and Rand is convinced is Ilyena), and Min.

Mat and Birgitte hooking up (after Mat is further scarred and thus more attractive to Birgitte) for a sordid Seanchan scandal that shakes the Empire and lowers Mat's eye.  Mat then wins back favor of the Seanchan, Tuon's affections, and the Crystal Throne in a game of dice.

Egwene deciding she doesn't really want to be Amyrlin after all, and running away with Gawyn.  They are not heard from again.

Perrin realizes that his story arc is really boring, and begins taking outlandish risks and holding lumberjack games to liven it up a bit.  Cha Faile subsequently goes bankrupt following poor bookkeeping practices.

Thom, hoping to make himself more appealing to Moiraine, wishes that he might be made young again, have his leg healed, and be let out scotch free from the Eelfinn.  When Moiraine runs off with Rand, he then laughingly swoops in to make off with Elayne and Aviendha.

Lan realizes that his marriage to Nynaeve has made him resilient to the horrors of the Blight and wins a decisive campaign against the Shadow.

Cadsuane retires to her rose garden.

Tam al'Thor creating a love triangle between rival Aes Sedai that compete for his affections - after several are killed, he marries Berelain.

Rand reseals the Bore, but the Dark One gets one final volley off before the Bore is shut, and mankind is plagued by "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette."

All in all, some big things coming up in the last two books!

I haven't finished the Gathering Storm yet (sh** has finally hit the fan at Tar Valon where I'm at)

so maybe it's going to happen soon, but I'm looking forward to Mat losing his eye.

Giving up half the light of the world to save the world.

Mat, Perin, and Rand reuniting. those three together is just badass.

Perin leading an army of wolves at the last battle.

Mat putting on a show at the last battle.

Finland vs Mat, and Thom.

and most of all Bela and Rand Reunion.

Archived