DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Latest Thor Movie News

MattTaz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is the movie going to be based off the regular Marvel Comics Thor or the Thor from the awful and I believed failed series of Ultimate Marvel?

I ask because I see who the actor for Thor is but can find no mention of and actor playing Dr. Donald Blake.

I'm willing to bet this movie will be panned.

I hope that it is not.  I have a parochial interest in its success.

I think it's shaping up very nicely, actually.

So is the movie going to be based off the regular Marvel Comics Thor or the Thor from the awful and I believed failed series of Ultimate Marvel?

I ask because I see who the actor for Thor is but can find no mention of and actor playing Dr. Donald Blake.

Blake isn't in the movie.

• 1 month later...

What people need to understand is just a movie.  Its meant to be entertaining and not educational.  Some people act like comics are history books.  But then you never hear people screaming and complaining about movies that are REALLY based on a true story that stray from the facts...i don't understand :-\

Odens looks quite a bit like a samurai helmet. That one is completely off in my eyes. Thors and Lokis are full of awesome though.

Still trying to wrap my head around what the Gauntlet means. Thanos wiped out the entire Universe wearing the damn thing, so it seems somewhat problematic to actually bring it into a story.

Actually, that is not a Thor storyline. It is a 6-issue mini series focusing on Thanos.

And I remembered incorrectly, Thanos did not destroy the entire universe, he only  erased half its sentient life. Big difference ;D

I saw the pic of the cast alongside one another and compared to the rest of the cast Chris Hemsworth (Thor) really is a lot bigger than the rest of them.  It looks like he may have come a long way since his soapie days all ready.

O-O Wow...what an awesome trailer. I am counting the days until this comes out now. You know I read a Thor comic once about Thor being sent to Earth like that, and the hammer being buried in stone inside of a subway tunnel. I wonder if they pulled some inspiration from that.

IIRC, the original Marvel version of Thor had the hammer sashed away in a cave in Norway. Thor came there as Dr Blake, completely unaware of his true self, until he found the hammer.

The trailer shows that they are leaving the Blake-persona out of the story, which I think is a good move.

Archived