DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How did Lews Therin Know?

Crael123

So, iv been reading TGS and i was reading chapter 22. this is a very well written chapter and it escaped me the first few times i have read it but this time it clicked.

Lews Therin knew the True Power. how is this possible unless... he has channeled it before????

what do you guys think? has lews therin channeled the TP before? how did he know with such certainty that it was the DO? he explicitly says (paraphrasing, sorry dont have my book)  IT IS HIM!! 

so. how did he know?

Presumably, the same way I knew that's what it was. No, I swear, I never channeled it myself. Honest to Creator.

Seriously, we know LTT's memories include the existence of the TP (KoD, News for the Dragon). It's a simple conclusion from there (it's not sai'din or sai'dar, but something similar, yet more painful and addictive).

I think this has been answered, but I just wanted to also point out that not only was Lews Therin fighting the Shadow for much longer than Rand has, he also helped catch many Dreadlords during the War of Power.  It's very likely that the side of the Light knew many things about the DO's plans and his abilities that has been lost since then.  We forget that there were other "Chosen" than the 13, they were just either killed, or caught.  The only reason why the current Forsaken are known and feared is because it was known that they survived and would one day be free again.

LTT fought a war against the shadow for ten years, it is quite reasonable he learned a thing or two about TP. Also, he came into almost direct contact with the DO when he sealed the Bore.

oh yeah. duh. i feel like an idiot now  ;D

Not to mention the drilling of the bore was to gain access to what became known as the True Power. Presumably there would had been alot of research on what that energy actually was once Sharom and so forth was destroyed; I wouldn't be surprised if True Power was commonly known during the latter years of the Age of Legends.

Archived