DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

House Mantear

House of Mordrellen, last Queen of Andor before Morgase, and her dauther, Tigraine, aka Shaiel, Rand's mother.

The current High Seat is Perival, the level-headed boy amongst those heads of houses Dyelin brought to Caemlin in support of Trakand.

The Anvil can represent alot of things like Strength and Integrity, also stubborness. Perhaps even Creativity and Loyalty as well. Which seems to make sense since he's backing Elayne.

It would be pretty awesome to see Rand reveal his Andoran Royal bloodline but I have my doubts we will see it.

The Anvil can represent alot of things like Strength and Integrity, also stubborness. Perhaps even Creativity and Loyalty as well. Which seems to make sense since he's backing Elayne.

It would be pretty awesome to see Rand reveal his Andoran Royal bloodline but I have my doubts we will see it.

Well, if he meets Galad, it would seemingly come up. And if Morgase is present, she will surely make the connection if Rand/Galad don't.

House of Mordrellen, last Queen of Andor before Morgase, and her dauther, Tigraine, aka Shaiel, Rand's mother.

The current High Seat is Perival, the level-headed boy amongst those heads of houses Dyelin brought to Caemlin in support of Trakand.

Lord Luc is Tigraine's brother, and is of the House of Mantear too.

Yes, Rand's uncle is half of Slayer.

Lord Luc is Tigraine's sister, and is of the House of Mantear too.

Good grief, who's he merged with now.. sorry Dida!

ROLF...

What a major typo, indeed!

Sister, instead of brother. Oh, well.

In all good fun, maybe Robert Jordan and the Dark One have teamed up to really add the 3rd side to Slayer we don't know about just yet.  :-X  ;)  Aran'gar is lonely now that Graendal has disappeared...so maybe, Slayer's 3rd softer side could pay a visit?  :P

BTW--Yes, Luc and Isam are males last I heard, too. ;)

Isn't Perival the youth who approves of the way the Captain-General fills her britches?

Good lad!

I thought everyone approved of the way bridget fills her britches

he;s the one who realized the odds elayne faced and the true situation he rode into

You know, someone made a good point on another thread (I think their post was from like three years ago, so this isn't totally new) that Galad sort of got screwed over somewhere along the line.  He's of House Mantear, through his mother Tigraine, but isn't really included in the House that we hear of.  He's also not really part of the Royal Family, since he's not Morgase's son, only her step-son.  Even if he marries Berelain, she'll still be the First of Mayene.  Thus he's destined to lead a militia.

You know, someone made a good point on another thread (I think their post was from like three years ago, so this isn't totally new) that Galad sort of got screwed over somewhere along the line.  He's of House Mantear, through his mother Tigraine, but isn't really included in the House that we hear of.  He's also not really part of the Royal Family, since he's not Morgase's son, only her step-son.  Even if he marries Berelain, she'll still be the First of Mayene.  Thus he's destined to lead a militia.

the only throne he could have gone for is the sun throne, but didnt his dad give up all claim for that one? and I am sure mayene has a decent army, after all they must be prepared incase tear becomes violent

Either Galad or Ituralde could end up King of Amadicia.

Galad's a possible choice as Lord Captain Commander since the Whitecloaks have held Amadicia for a while anyhow.

Rand's offered Ituralde the Amadicia throne - Rodel accepted conditionally (refusing to kill Ailron, who is probably dead anyway) but if there is no longer a king in Bandar Eban, Rodel might think about Arad Doman instead.

the only throne he could have gone for is the sun throne, but didnt his dad give up all claim for that one? and I am sure mayene has a decent army, after all they must be prepared incase tear becomes violent

Even without a throne, though, isn't Perival, the High Seat of House Mantear, younger than Galad?  His associations with various almost, but not quite, royal parents have left him in limbo it seems, even in relation to Houses, etc.  He's an ex-royal orphan living in his step-mothers house, to which he has no little hope of inheritance.  That's cool, though, because he's Galad, and he doesn't mind.  I just thought it was sort of ironic.

Although, he IS Rand's closest... and only, that I can think of... blood relation, so that counts for something too.  He's like the King of sorta associated with important people.  I like Galad.

Also, random note that has probably been talked about before, but all the Arthurian legend themes seem to be tied to Andor specifically.  Makes me wonder if each nation (or at least some of them) draw their inspiration on similar stories, each based on a certain myth in terms of characters, etc.  It's certainly possible, and I could have just missed it because I'm more familiar with Arthurian legends.  Juilin wears a fez, though, so there's definitely more than Arthurian England out there.

Yes, Rand's uncle is half of Slayer.

Nothing surprising here. Luk himself made a reference to his 'nephew' in WH.

Although, he IS Rand's closest... and only, that I can think of... blood relation

Aviendha hinted that Rand's father (Janduin?) has a brother in TFoH: Far Snows or A Short Spear, one or the other. I don't know of any other, except Luk, as Dida noticed.

@ Yoniy0

You mean when Avi says Rand needs his father-brother's permission to marry by TR custom since his father is dead?

I don't think she is hinting Janduin actually had a brother, just mentioning a theoretical situation and trying to make sense of what seems to her a very strange custom.

Nobody has mentioned the existence of any such relative and surely Amys (or Rhuarc) would have. 

Archived