DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How does it end?

torrente

Okay, so here we guess how the series ends.  There has to be a twist because otherwise the prophecies have already told us exactly how the thing will conclude.

Do we know who Rand's mother was?  Maybe that will be a stunning revelation in the final book, and Lanfear or someone like that turns out to be his mum.

His real mother was Tigraine Mantear, Daughter Heir of Andor. Gitara Sedai had a foretelling sending Tigraine into the Waste with the instruction that she could not return until the Maidens came to Tar Valon. Once in the Waste she took the name Shaiel.

The only way the Dark One can actually be killed is if the Creator does it, and even then it might not be possible. The Dark One isn't of the pattern and cannot be affected by anything within it. We already know the outcome. The fact that the world exists to be read about tells us the Dark One isn't going to win. If he won, the Wheel would be broken. Given this current setting is both the past and the future, that means it will never have happened. For that reason also, we can assume "the Wheel of Time turns.." The story is not so much about what is going to happen as it is about the lives of the characters who have to do it.

There was a scene somewhere in the series where either Moridin or Shaidar Haran touches wood and it slowly chars it. Think of that wood like the section of the Wheel in which the Bore is open. The Dark One is able to touch it in a fashion and can corrupt the world as a result. The Wheel would just need his hand to be lifted before it can move on, and to do so would be simply to close the Bore again.

I think it'll come down to a showdown between Rand and Shaidar Haran and while the Dark One is pre-occupied in that (Shaidar Haran being the Dark One's avatar), we'll see a new secret Strike at Shayol Ghul involving both powers to close the bore.

Whatever does come about will be something Rand himself doesn't actually have to do. The Dragon is not required for the Light's victory, just his absence would make it nearly impossible.

so you mean, all that and rand just sits back and fights creepy-rape-fade while an army of channelers seals the bore?

THATs your dream-ending? the resolution to over 20 years of books?

I think the DO will die, because this cant be just 'another turn of the wheel', to be repeated again, and again, until the DO wins. The DO has to die. dont know how, but he does.

Like the shaidar confrontation thing though, looking forward to the moridin confrontation to.

so you mean, all that and rand just sits back and fights creepy-rape-fade while an army of channelers seals the bore?

I prefer that to Rand being focused on an invisible Bore for half the book, yes. He needs something to fight, and it just so happens the Dark One is possessing a giant fade at the moment. Whatever Rand does will simply make it easier for the Light to win. He's not absolutely needed. With his newfound trust he might be more willing to play the part of a decoy, distracting the Dark One long enough for the Bore to be re-sealed using both powers. Without the Dark One being distracted first whatever power they use against him will just end up tainted like before.

If the Dark One dies, the whole story will disappear. He will have died in the past and in the future. That means he can't die because we're reading about it right now.

I think Herid Fel may have mentioned before he died that the Dark One can't die, but he has to be sealed up the same way that he was in the beginning... unless, of course, the whole universe is cyclical, the Dark One does break it, and then it's all recreated and he's sealed again... but that would be kind of a lame ending.

I think it will end with Rand waking up in his house in the Two Rivers and saying "Wow, that was a messed up dream.  I don't think I'll be eating any more mushrooms I find out in the Westwood."

Get Sanderson on the phone... you might be on to something here... :P

The Dark One, Reagan in his own mind, stood up. His wooden chair fell back and crashed onto the floor. "Jackson, I don't believe it! I thought I had you that time. There must be something wrong with this game." Jackson looked up from the black and white board, puffing away on his pipe. Along the red and green goal row nearest Reagan a game piece, taller than all the others, stood proudly in a green square.

"I made this game equal for both players, the only way you're sure to lose is if you cheat. Follow the rules like I do; you'll get the hang of it eventually." Jackson stood as well, turning off the overhead lamp that had shone down on the table for what seemed like an eternity. Jackson walked over and got himself a cup of coffee, the clock over the coffee-maker read 12:31. "One more game before you head home for the night. I'll even play red this time."

"Another? That last game took nearly three and a half hours. You must be crazy if you think I'll stay and play this silly game 'til dawn."

"I'll stop calling you Dark One all the time, add that to getting the first move and it seems like a good trade."

"Alright, one more game. Bloody Dark One nonsense."

It will end at the beginning. Or near enough.

Lews Therin will wake up and look around at the ruins of his palace, for a moment slightly confused but comprehension slowly dawns.

His hand goes to his head "Oh, Light!... never again... whiskey, tequila and jager just should not be mixed. That dream was messed up... something about fighting a Dark Lord to save the world... and... being reborn as a... farmer?! Crazy stuff."

He remembers the night before, his 471st birthday party. Meeting up with the guys, about 100 of his friends (when you live that long you make a lot of friends), and heading down to Shayul Ghul, the local strip club where to his surprise his ex, Mierin, had recently started working, he laughs, "Daughter of the Night is a good stage name I suppose... Mustn't let Ilyena find out about that... :-\"

He also remembers inviting the entire club back to his place for an after party, "That would explain the bed being nailed to the ceiling... and the cracks in the walls... and the fridge in the toilet... mustn't let Ilyena find out..."

Elan Morin then stands up unsteadily from behind the toilet, Lews Therin vaguely recalls watching Elan taking LSD and having a bad trip, running around in his underpants, painted black from head to toe trying to convince everyone he was a dark deity or some such, that the "Creator" had imprisoned him and then insiting on thumb-wrestling Lews for title of Champion of the Universe... that must be where the crazy dreams came from...

"My hair hurts" Elan mumbles, he gazes blearily around, "Ilyena's going to kill you, dude."

I prefer that to Rand being focused on an invisible Bore for half the book, yes. He needs something to fight, and it just so happens the Dark One is possessing a giant fade at the moment. Whatever Rand does will simply make it easier for the Light to win. He's not absolutely needed. With his newfound trust he might be more willing to play the part of a decoy, distracting the Dark One long enough for the Bore to be re-sealed using both powers. Without the Dark One being distracted first whatever power they use against him will just end up tainted like before.

If the Dark One dies, the whole story will disappear. He will have died in the past and in the future. That means he can't die because we're reading about it right now.

So the DO gets the Sauron treatment? Distracted then defeated. Funny, though.

DO: You will die, Lews therin! MWA HA HAQ!

Massive circle: And the DO is resealed in three...two...one....

DO: Wait, what?

Massive circle: NOW!

DO:CRAP! I will return in the next turning of the wheel, and the next, and the next, then take a break, then the next....

in response to whatever powers used to seal the bore being tainted afterwards i think that rand being able to touch the true power through his connection to moridin will play a huge part in sealing the bore. if the true power is the dark ones power and its used to seal the bore then let him taint his on power and male half and female half will be just fine afterwards

Perhaps in the end the DO will be destroyed, thus destroying the pattern and all of our books will then have blank pages as if we never read the story...

I dont know how it will really end but I cant wait to see them use the Dragons that they are building, they should prove to be an awesome weapon in battle. I think she should make grenades also, just a clay pot with fireworks in it and a fuse, the chinese had them in the ancient times. I will be very disappointed if there is not a huge battle.

Perhaps Rand will seal the dark one, but in return the dark one will give Rand a lobatomy and after the battle he will be standing there with spittel running down his chin.

Perhaps in the end the DO will be destroyed, thus destroying the pattern and all of our books will then have blank pages as if we never read the story...

I dont know how it will really end but I cant wait to see them use the Dragons that they are building, they should prove to be an awesome weapon in battle. I think she should make grenades also, just a clay pot with fireworks in it and a fuse, the chinese had them in the ancient times. I will be very disappointed if there is not a huge battle.

Perhaps Rand will seal the dark one, but in return the dark one will give Rand a lobatomy and after the battle he will be standing there with spittel running down his chin.

I believe Mat used something similar to grenades against the Seanchan in Altara in KoD. I may be incorrect.

I believe Mat used something similar to grenades against the Seanchan in Altara in KoD. I may be incorrect.

Similar, they were more like shrapnel mines. Well, shrapnel mines that you throw with a sling-pole...

It better not be something like TG being fought with love. Think about the phrase "clearing away the rubble" and what that means - BS/RJ isn't going to throw a deus ex at us at this point so chances are we should be able to figure this out (logically)

Im new to the forums and have read the Books a few times, so heres my guess.  Saidin and Saidar both turn the wheel of time so I think that Rand will link with everyone or something like that and turn back the wheel to before the dark one was released and stop him from being released.

Rand could just take Callandor, form a giant circle, draw as much sai'din as he can with it, and balefire Lanfear.  If he hits her really, really, really hard, he could erase her thread back before she drilled the hole in the Bore in the first place, and the book could end with Elan Morin going to visit Llews Therin and Ilyena, and them sitting around in Llews Therin's undestroyed and happy home, discussing philosophy.

That would be strangely gratifying and annoying at the same time...

It would also unravel the pattern and Rand will hear I win again, Lews Therin.

First of: Nice.

Now to the piont, LTT said somewhere along the way that "Something has to touch him (DO)" He was talking about the 100's atempt to seal him up and the backlash that was the taint. So it seams fairly apparent (await's onslaught) that Rand will have to use the TP so as to avoid tainting the OP.

On a different note some people on other sites, and maybe here, have theorized that the OP being tainted is why there is no OP in 'our time'. But it has to be clean in the AOL.  

It would also unravel the pattern and Rand will hear I win again, Lews Therin.

First of: Nice.

NOw to the piont, LTT said somewhere alnong the way that "Something has to touch him (DO)" He was talking about the 100's atempt to seal him up and the backlash that was the taint. So it seams fairly apparent (await's onslaught) that Rand will have to use the TP so as to avoid tainting the OP.

Ona different note some people on other sites, and maybe here, have theorized that the OP being tainted is why there is no OP in 'our time'. But it has to be clean in the AOL. 

Maybe he'll just pump the TP into one of those vacuoles that Moridin was hanging around in (and trapped Moghedien in), the vacuole will snap off from the pattern aaaannnndddd voila.

Archived