DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

DM Dispatch III archive - 30 Aug 2006

goldeneys

Welcome to DM Dispatch interviews, stories and regular round-up of news from around the forums. If you have a story that you think maybe of interest or news on marriages, promotions etc. send a PM to Goldeneys.

Coming up on todays DM Dispatch, Corki the Marshall General of the Band is on vacation leaving Horn, the Executive officer in charge, a recent influx of Irish people, and also, DragonCon, the one time of the year when Wheel of Time fans from all over get together. All this and more on your one and only source for DM news, the DM Dispatch.

Good evening, I'm Hans Hansen. 10 days ago, Corki (the Marshal General of the Band) had computer trouble (his computer basically died). This came a few days before he went on vacation, and dumped alot of responsibility on the Executive Officer Horn, and on the Under Commander Cumadrin. They have been holding up pretty well under the circumstances, and life continues as normal in the Band, although the searching for a new Under Commander has been put on hold until Corki's return. Some questioned the capabilty of Horn to take on this extra load, but he has done very well.

And in another story from the Band, RL has not been treating Vorkia t'Valere very well, she explains it this way:

"I woke up this morning and to my dismay some one stole my boat! I can't beleive it, not only did I have to deal with the police right after I took the girls to school, but now I have to deal with the beauracy of stupid insurance companies :x ."

But, not 5 hours later she said this:

"Yippee! They found the boat in the next state over. Not sure of the condition yet, but they say that it needs work on it :cry: ."

She was planning on driving down to see her boat later in the day.

Well, it's been a quiet week all over in the Band, but reports show that lately there has been a big influx in Irish ppl joining the board, in one day, THREE, thats right THREE Irishmen joined, unfortunately, we were not able to interview any of them as they were all quite busy.

Also, DragonCon is coming up VERY soon, I would like to say that I will be there, but Atlanta Georgia is a loooong ways away from Bellevue Nebraska. We will have an interview with a woman that came all the way from Israel to attend, hopefully in the next Dispatch.

As I said, it was a quiet week, and I hope there will be more news next week.

latest round-up of news from Fiddlesticks:

The interim results for the 24hr challenge have been posted. Everyone who took part, had a great time. Thanks to all the visitors from other parts of the forum for popping in and saying hello. There is likely to be another sometime in the future for which we now have firm targets to beat.

Ata is posting regular signature auctions again. For those of you who would like to be in with a chance, check out Fiddlesticks occasionally and look out for the Sig auction threads. All you need to do is enter a number and the one closest without going over, wins.

Raena is planning a werewolf game (similar to a game called 'Mafia') to start possibly tomorrow. It will require you to log in once a day if possible. Those who have played it before, say that it's great fun. Two teams battle it out against each other... I think the fun starts with noone actually knowing who is in which team... finding the answer to that question may keep you alive in this battle of wits. If you are interested, check out this thread. http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5554

She is looking for at least one more person.. though the more people that take part the better the game.

Archived