DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lanfear--Moiraine

I was wondering if any one thought that perhaps Lanfear(SP?) and Moiraine(SP?) switched bodies so that now Lanfear is actually in moiraine's body and Moiraine is now in Lanfears body which could account for the lack of strength Cyndane now has.

Anyway just wondering what everyone else thought.   

Thanks,

Wraith

except that Cyndanes body is a different body to Lanfears, unlyour suggesting Moiraine was transmigrated by the Dark One into a new body and Lanfear was left to rot in finland in Moiranes body. Also Cyndanes POV in Winters Heart means that isnt possible

The problems in the bustline my friend. Cyndane quite bosomy, Moiraine on the other hand is almost boyishly slim. I doubt the Finns gave her a boob job. In any case Cyndane is stronger than Moghedian who is stronger than Moiraine was. By a considerable amount.

No, the highest chance is that Cyndane is in the body of someone we've never met. If we were to look at people we know the strongest candidate would be Cabriana Meccandes. Both were short women with breathy voices and pale blonde hair (although Cyndane is described as silvery, not pale blonde). If the Sylvase Theory runs true this would explain why Elayne thought she recognised Sylvase--because Sylvase would look like Cabriana sans the Agelessness.

The problems in the bustline my friend. Cyndane quite bosomy, Moiraine on the other hand is almost boyishly slim. I doubt the Finns gave her a boob job.

Maybe she made an offhand comment about how if she had a figure like Lanfears...and they granted her wish...lol

The people who comment on Cyndane (forsaken) never got a good look at Moiraine.  Were is the "bosomy" reference?  I never noticed it, or a size up between her know the how she stacks strength wise with the other forsaken (and remember Moiraine wasn't weak in the power, she was one of the top 10 strongest AS until the wonder girls showed up).

All the references describe her as how Moiraine might be described except the white hair.  But the hair is understandable.

I thought for a while that Thom was going to be a lucky man, until Moiraine, in Lanfear's body, goes to Rand who freaks about because Lanfear isn't dead (a mistake that will be soon corrected) but then RJ said the 'Finns can't switch souls and bodies.

BTW: I think Moiraine's three wishes were, "I want Lanfear's strength in the OP.  I want Lanfear's knowledge of the OP.  And, I want to live.

what is the sylvase theory?  can i get a quick link?

[quote author=Kaznen link=topic=58291.msg1695771#msg1695771 date=1275500331

I thought for a while that Thom was going to be a lucky man, until Moiraine, in Lanfear's body, goes to Rand who freaks about because Lanfear isn't dead (a mistake that will be soon corrected) but then RJ said the 'Finns can't switch souls and bodies.

is there any reason that the Finns can't modify bodies?

what is the sylvase theory?  can i get a quick link?

Here it is. The Sylvase Theory

Please note, there are no tGS spoilers in the first post, but there may be some in the replies (this is posted in the Dragonmount Theory Database, which is on the tGS board).

is there any reason that the Finns can't modify bodies?

No, but we do know they can't move souls from one body to another thanks to RJ.

The people who comment on Cyndane (forsaken) never got a good look at Moiraine.

So? None of them have compared the two either. That was us.

Were is the "bosomy" reference?  I never noticed it

Try tPoD chapter 12, New Alliances. I don't have the books on me so I can't quote it to you, but I know for a fact that Graendal renumerates on Cyndane large bosom.

or a size up between her know the how she stacks strength wise with the other forsaken (and remember Moiraine wasn't weak in the power, she was one of the top 10 strongest AS until the wonder girls showed up).

That Cyndane is stronger than Graendal is also stated in tPoD 12, New Alliances. There is a clear statement that Graendal is stronger than Moghedian, which I know because I once tried to argue the opposite, and was proven resoundingly wrong. At work right now tho, so no access to the books.

From there Moghedian is as strong as Nynaeve was in tSR, and Nynaeve was already stronger than Moiraine by that stage.

All the references describe her as how Moiraine might be described except the white hair.  But the hair is understandable.

No, they do not. They describe her as having an incredible bosom. Moiraine was slim to the point of boyishness.

Ah I love how RJ made the primary means of identifying women in the story Boobs.
And I love how none of the straight men in the thread picked up on that until Luckers pointed it out.

I was wondering if any one thought that perhaps Lanfear(SP?) and Moiraine(SP?) switched bodies so that now Lanfear is actually in moiraine's body and Moiraine is now in Lanfears body which could account for the lack of strength Cyndane now has.

Anyway just wondering what everyone else thought.    

Thanks,

Wraith

Is this simple enough?

Lanfear has always been only Lanfear.

Cyndane has always been only Cyndane.

Lanfear remains with the Eelfinn, in their realm as a prisoner alive.  As is Moiraine alive with Eelfinn.

Egwene's Dream, of "Mat, weighing two Aes Sedai on a huge set of balance scales, and on his decision depended...She could not say what; something vast; the world, perhaps." (TPoD book, Chapter 15) Is referring to both Moiraine and Lanfear, and Mat's decision depended on his 'friendship' to Thom.  That decision by Mat was first made in KoD, Chapter 10 at towards the end of that Chapter.  

Cyndane never was Lanfear.  Ever.

Cyndane is a pawn created by Moridin for his own needs.  She's not even a Chosen.  Nor has one single Female Chosen ever claimed Cyndane was Lanfear.  Cyndane's thoughts have been clouded by Moridin, with Compulsion and Fear. 

The Daughter of the Night will walk again, just as Dark Prophecy written in the cell walls of Fal Dara stated.

Daughter of the Night, she walks again.

The ancient war, she yet fights.

Her new lover she seeks, who shall serve her and die, yet serve still.

Who shall stand against her coming?

The Shining Walls shall kneel.

Blood feeds blood.

Blood calls blood.

Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.  

If your curious about the third line it, I strongly think it refers to Lanfear, Alivia, and Rand holding Callandor linked in a circle with Lanfear guide the weaves.  How will Rand die serving?  By nuking everything darn Shadowspawn in every world.  

Rand's not known was Shadowkiller for nothing, by all Hopper and all wolves everywhere.  

The four line, is referring to Egwene al'Vere as Amyrlin Seat kneeling to Rand al'Thor, some time before he goes to Shayol Ghul with Lanfear & Alivia.  

Archived