Who will be victorous  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be victorous

• Taim
    • Logain
    • They get killed by another
    • They are both good
    • They are both evil

Well with things the way they are in the Black Tower, it is possible that these two dudes will be at loggerheads soon. So how will it play out and how would you like it to play out?

I would like to see both Logain and Taim being DF's and Perrin discovers this with his dreaming ability and he warns Rand sabout how Logain and Taim are playing him for a fool. Then Rand, Narishman and the other bonded Asha'man go in and confront them. It turns out that Taim was turned and Rand and company figure out a way to unturn him and Taim fights for the side of the light from then on but he still is arrogant and basically still Taim.

Also Logain gets away and high tails it to where ever Demandred is hiding, he being Logain handler. The shadow guys are really peeved with Logain but don't get rid of him cause the need him for the up coming battle. Logain gets mindtrapped and he accidentally kills a forsaken or helps Rand win out the day. Logain posthumously is regarded very highly because people were not aware of his alliances. 

Well, I buy into the vanilla explanation that Logain's good and Taim's evil and they'll fight and Logain will win.

There's no crazy or overly complex twists involved in that theory, but some plotlines do actually develop straightforwardly.

That is the most likely event, i think the big thing about the Logain plotline was his glory, not knowing when we started reading that he would be healed/that the black tower would be made/Taim would be abusing power.  All plotlines seem straightforward when the majority has already played out.

• 1 month later...

I would like to see both Logain and Taim being DF's and Perrin discovers this with his dreaming ability and he warns Rand sabout how Logain and Taim are playing him for a fool. Then Rand, Narishman and the other bonded Asha'man go in and confront them. It turns out that Taim was turned and Rand and company figure out a way to unturn him and Taim fights for the side of the light from then on but he still is arrogant and basically still Taim.

Also Logain gets away and high tails it to where ever Demandred is hiding, he being Logain handler. The shadow guys are really peeved with Logain but don't get rid of him cause the need him for the up coming battle. Logain gets mindtrapped and he accidentally kills a forsaken or helps Rand win out the day. Logain posthumously is regarded very highly because people were not aware of his alliances. 

I'm sorry but this is the most ridiculous story I've ever heard. Seriously.

I'm sorry but this is the most ridiculous story I've ever heard. Seriously.

Why I aught ta...

I think that Logain will win... eventually. Here's how I've always seen it going down:

Taim is obviously a very high up Darkfriend, if not a newly raised 3rd Age Forsaken. The Shadow's going to want him alive for TG, quite possibly as the lead Dreadlord. So when stuff starts going down at the Black Tower I don't think Taim will stick around for Logain to come and track him down for a one on one confrontation. He may be blunt in his actions, but unlike many characters Taim is certainly not an idiot. If he and his Darkfriend Asha'man start being outnumbered, which is bound to happen,, I see Taim bailing the fight with Logain about halfway through to save himself. Where upon Logain will become the M'Hael of the Black Tower and slay Taim during the Last Battle.

I always pictured Logain and his faction destroying Taim and his. Then he becomes the first male AS in the new age, head of the Reds. His glory being that he leads all men that can channel back into the White Tower  ;D

I think Egwene would be up for that. I mean, she's letting every grey-haired wilder in Randland back in - why not the dudes as well?  :P

Maybe Logain can be co-Amyrlin!  :D

I no longer think there will be any confrontation between Logain and Taim. *waggles his eyebrows suggestively*.

Raise your hand if you thought I was suggesting something dirty? Shame on you.

No seriously though, I think Logain's a red herring. I'll post on this soon.

I no longer think there will be any confrontation between Logain and Taim. *waggles his eyebrows suggestively*.

Raise your hand if you thought I was suggesting something dirty? Shame on you.

No seriously though, I think Logain's a red herring. I'll post on this soon.

What? Then where's his glory coming from?

I agree with Luckers here actually. Well, not about Logain being a red herring (unless his argument is awesome) but about there being no confrontation. At least not before TG. Rand needs someone to betray him, and what better (and more obvious) person then Taim, who wrests control of the Blacktower from Rand just when he is needed the most.

Taim is obviously a very high up Darkfriend, if not a newly raised 3rd Age Forsaken.

I know this is a bit off topic for this thread but you made me think of this. I'm not sure about being a newly raised Forsaken but I do think Taim is one of the Forsaken in disguise based on his comment in the TGS epilogue. Like maybe the DO used his body to raise one of the killed Forsaken (can't remember which of them have been killed with balefire) or he is Demandred. I know RJ has said that he isn't but I'm still not convinced.

I hope there is a confrentation and judging by the amount of ashaman character names being added by brandon on twitter, and the blood and fire foreteling, i think its a certanty. Taim needs to be dealt with and apart from Rand, Logain is the best qualified. Though i think Taim would easily crush Logain 1 on 1, but therel be a Logain faction+aes sedai+Rand VS Taim faction, posibly with Cyndane+Moghieden+black ajah help, but no Moridin or Demandred. When Logains faction win the Aes sedai and ashaman will have a tight bond and work together, setting the stage for 'the guardians balance the serpants'. Rand will face Egwenes anger somewhere in there too, and thatl be Rand and Egwenes roll in ToM

I actually think Taim is an idiot and is being duped by a possible forsaken among his close followers. He has some intelligence but not as much as he thinks, A very high opinion of himself does Taim have. Just look at his conversations with Rand and his reactions, especially the first time they met. The whole I could of been the dragon reborn and getting glory by going along with Rand. Maybe the taint has affected Taim and has resulted in some paranoid behaviour on his part. Feelings of grandeur. Also I don't think he had anything to do with the gray man and he just killed it without thinking. Also his actions against Rand could be influenced by his perception of the lack of glory in serving Rand. Maybe Moridin is behind the black towerand influencing Taim since dashiva has died not that he accomplished much in his time. I cannot not see the shadow without tabs on the black tower. It could be Demandred but I just suspect Moridn.

Archived