DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Andoran Nobility and Aiel

Leatherleaf

This may have been discussed, but I haven't seen it. I think I may have found the reason why Andoran nobility resemble - to one degree or another - the features of Aiel. When Rand goes to Rhuidean and sees the Aiel history, we see that at one point some Aiel women and children are taken prisoner by people. It can be assumed that this was not the only instance of such kidnapping. Also, in a discussion following the Rhuidean visit, Rand is told that the Cairhienin were the only people to not abuse the Aiel. So, what I think had occurred is that some of the ones who kidnapped Aiel women took them as wives and eventually came to be of the line that founded Andor. Thus, their descendants would resemble Aiel.

If this theory is true, I hope Elayne finds out that her people are not so wonderful after all... take that gold-haired-chit down a notch...

You should speak to Terez of Theoryland about it. I believe she has evidence to show that the Aiel were near the Mountains of the Mist when Rhea and the other girls were taken, plus she pointed out that Rhea is a mythological figure in our world whom is connected to Lions.

Archived