DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter Mafia Maddness <Game Over - Congrads Town & Siblings>

OMG, Nae!  If this wasn't a mafia game where I have to totally suspect everyone, I'd so tacklesnugglenuzzlehug you!  WheretheheckhaveyoubeenlatelyI'vemissedyousomuch! 

Happy birthday, Nae and Lia!  Tigs, I hope your nephew is better soon.  My heart aches for him and family.

"tacklesnugglenuzzlehugs you anyways*  I will fill you in later. ;)

Sarah?  When DM is down we can't post either love. :-*

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dragonsworn1991

Make sure you tell her to hold the poison.  But seriously, why are you bringing up an attempt on Dumbledore's life?  Or are you just hinting at Slughorn, a charismatic character who recruits special individuals into his elite cult club?

Seriously?  So what you are saying is, Slughorn is the only person in London, Hogsmeade or Hogwarts that enjoys Madame Rosmerta's oak matured mead?  Seriously, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar! 

Still, I find it odd that your first thought went to Slughorn and his Slug Club with the mere mention of Madame Rosemerta's fabulous mead.  Whatever.  ::)  I'll just wait for the trolley.   ;D  And I'll be keeping an eye on you, too.

As for you, Pete, I'm curious about this fascination you have with the #11 position.  Have you established a trend for that spot?  If so, I'm guessing Red knows about it and mixed things up just to throw you off.  She's evil that way. ;D  Still, I'm going to hold off and won't throw out an OMGUS vote . . . at least, not yet. 

Or maybe she would have figured I would of come to that conclusion and did it anyway.

That was a little over reactive to just some spammy, thing I do every game. You have officially pinged my radar, and I am happy with my vote now.  ;)

Mynd - I just thought that it looked like they were setting something up there for someone to pick up on, so that they could find them. That's how it looked when I first read it. Whether Daruya is Slughorn, he could have to find certain people and Wombat responded, knowing he had to find slughorn...or something like that, maybe not even slughorn.

Oh and big Happy Birthday hugs to Lia and Nae...  :-*

It looks like Boopsy, Pete and Rose have two votes on each. How those go maybe prove interesting!

So Wombat, you say that Daurya could be Slughorn...

Everyone could be everyone ;D

Thorum is acting weird. Much different than in my game where he was innocent, so he's looking pretty suspicious to me right now.

I don't think I ever did NOT look suspicious?

With 41 players in this game, it stands to reason that there would be about 10 players who are not aligned town.  Make sense?  The typical baddies would likely be MoldyMort and his crew.  Would Slytherin also be some kind of mafia team?

I would guess at two (maybe 3) mafia teams. At least Voldemort/Death Eaters and Slytherin. Maybe the Malfoy family a separate one?

Which would mean there should be more than 10 mafia players in total.

*waits for the chorus of "Hi Rose*

Hi Tullip!!

Checking in!!

Nae I'm afraid I have to break with tradition here - fun as it would be to vote for you in day one randomness! I had trouble getting on DM last night as well, so I only have a quick second this morning before work.

I agree with Talya though that Thorum is seeming odd to me. Poor Thorum though tends to have these troubles often on day one, so it's difficult to say!

Let me first apologize for this and future lengthy posts.  In a game with 40 players, there is a lot to go over, but don't let the mafia hide their dirty work in between the cracks!

Interesting things afoot already!  To the newbie eye, it may appear that everyone is just checking in and voting according to some random OCD tick that they invented; however, as always, the mafia give themselves away even on Day 1.  The mafia's biggest advantage is also its biggest curse.  They know who is scum and who isn't and they will overcompensate for this knowledge. 

Here are some Day 1 posts that I have found most interesting, besides the obvious Wombat/Adella gambit and Thorum's out-of-style gameplay.

And I never trust Mynd, but if I vote for him, he will hurt my feelings by going after me. Even though the mods have promised to severely punish anyone who makes me cry.

Posts like these make me scratch my head.  Why NOT vote me if you suspect I'm scum?  Isn't that what this game is all about?  I'd love to flatter my ego and say that people are afraid to engage me in an argument, but I suspect that it has more to do with scum wanting to discredit me early on but don't want to bring the heat on themselves just yet, so they plant a seed in peoples minds, like the one bolded above. 

Wombat's role-fishing without any regard to how scummy it looks; however, pay close attention to Daruya's response to his rather blunt prodding. 

Seriously?  So what you are saying is, Slughorn is the only person in London, Hogsmeade or Hogwarts that enjoys Madame Rosmerta's oak matured mead?  Seriously, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar! 

Still, I find it odd that your first thought went to Slughorn and his Slug Club with the mere mention of Madame Rosemerta's fabulous mead.  Whatever.  ::)  I'll just wait for the trolley.  ;D  And I'll be keeping an eye on you, too.

I have to confess that I am not nearly the Harry Potter expert as some of you may be; however, I am well experienced in role hint droppings, and many other kinds of droppings....character hint droppings, targeting hint droppings, orc droppings, etc..  Daruya mentions "Madame Rosemerta's mead" twice in her response, and then mentions waiting for the trolley.  In my research, this mead is most associated with Horace Slughorn.  What about this Slug Club that Daruya mentions?  Sounds like a Cult name to me!  I wonder if we have a partial character claim here that is being dismissed because of the mention of a possible cult? 

This I found most disturbing....

WooHoo! Happy Birthday Nae! It's my birthday too

Really? It's both Nae and Lia's birthday and no one else think that this is scummy?  Only scum would be able to coordinate off thread and have their birthdays on the same day to gain sympathy! 

I have more observations, but I would like to hear from the rest of you on these matters (especially the last one lulz).  Do you suspect Slughorn to be some kind of cult leader?  If so, do we suspect Daruya of being said Slugster?  Is Wombat pushing too hard for roles right now?  Are he and Adella working together in some way? 

by the end of Day One, all people who have not responded to the PM's sent out by the Mods will be sent a Howler and have their roles randomly given out in the game.  We are waiting on about 5 or so of you, and ya'll know who you are *nods*

Deadline

Monday, May 31st @ 2pm CST; 41 alive, 21 to lynch

Vote Count

Pete(2): Meesh, Rose

Rose(2): rojano, Crusher

Boopsy(2): Wolfie, Nyn

Dah'mir(2): Mottlee, Elli

Som1(1): Amadine

Adella(1): Wombat

Wombat(1): Adella

Rojano(1): Boopsy

Pankhuri(1): Jeran

Charis(1): Thorum

Aust(1): Nea

Thorum(1): Mynd

Aemon(1): Pookie

Daruya(1): Pete

Verbal(1): Som1

Nyn(1): Marta

Amadine(1): Pankhuri

no vote (20): Bela, Aust, Krak, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Jessi, Talya, Tigs, Summer, Player, Verbal, Dah'mir, Alanna, Locke, Charis, Blig Blog, Danya, Koujin, Taei

I'll [glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow] and vote [glow=red,2,300]panhuri[/glow]

I believe we should start consolidating our votes. We need a lot of votes on 1 person, not a lot of persons with 1 vote. Panhuri was the first in the random.org list of those with only 1 vote currently.

When do we get our first question?

i'm assuming you mean the Felix Exam.  The First Question will be issued at the start of Day 2.

Deadline

Vote Count

Pankhuri(2): Jeran, Thorum

no vote (20): Bela, Aust, Krak, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Jessi, Talya, Tigs, Summer, Player, Verbal, Dah'mir, Alanna, Locke, Charis, Blig Blog, Danya, Koujin, Taei

I'll [glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow] and vote [glow=red,2,300]panhuri[/glow]

I believe we should start consolidating our votes. We need a lot of votes on 1 person, not a lot of persons with 1 vote. Panhuri was the first in the random.org list of those with only 1 vote currently.

So instead of picking one of those who already had 2 votes you pick one of the ones with only one vote.  Thus giving us YET ANOTHER person with 2 votes.  Not much of a better scenerio than all the people with a vote on them. ::)

Yet another oddball move from Thorum.  There were 4 people with 2 votes.  Why couldn't he bring himself to vote for Pete, Rose, Boopsy or Dah'mir?  It is extremely unlikely that he is on a scum team with all of them so why draw attention away from them?  Or maybe it is something about who he voted for.  Perhaps Thorum threw a weak vote on panhuri so as to distance himself from her?  Not enough to change my vote yet, particularly when Adella has tried to seem overly casual about my vote yet found a way to throw an OMGUS vote on me.

We have to START consolidating. We don't have to be consolidated just yet.

If everyone would start doing that: wonderful.

Also, had I voted someone with already 2 votes, it would seem as if I was picking him/her out.

You probably got me, however. I'm in a mafia team with Pete, Rose, Boopsy and Dah'mir. Maybe if I were, I WOULD have voted one of them. DOn't think so however ;D

Why should a townie be worried about picking someone out?  Seems more like something scum would be worried about to me.

And what is with those last two sentences?  Is that just a feeble joke or are you actually trying to set up a WIFOM in which one of the cases is ridiculously unlikely?

Also, I'm gonna say it now so it doesn't seem like some sort of 'last effort' or something: I'm a miller. That's not my only role, but I won't reveal the rest for obvious reasons. Mafia knows who is quilty and who innocent, so this information is worthless for them.

Oh yeah, miller means I'll show up quilty when searched. Which I ain't.

The two-but-last sentence of my previous post? Reread your post. That's what you were suggesting.

The two last sentences where my own mind ranting on about what I would have done if the 5 of us actually were a mafia team.

Deadline

Vote Count

Pankhuri(2): Jeran, Thorum

Mynd(1): Dah'mir

no vote (19): Bela, Aust, Krak, Daruya, Lia, Aemon, Jessi, Talya, Tigs, Summer, Player, Verbal, Alanna, Locke, Charis, Blig Blog, Danya, Koujin, Taei

Archived