DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Question about Nynaeve's capture of Moghedien in The Fires of Heaven

omer681

I'm halfway through The Lord of Chaos, but for some reason I didn't find out how Moghedien appeared in Salidar after Nynaeve captured her in The World of Dreams with the a'dam, and in the end of the book gave her forkroot and she told her that "I'll meet you shortly in Salidar" - How did she (Moghedien) get there?

It never explains explicitly, it is just implied that, through clues of their conversation, Nynaeve was able to tell that Moghedien had to be one of the three women that came to Salidar with them off the boat, so she just checked for whichever one was sleeping deeply from the fork root.

It never explains explicitly, it is just implied that, through clues of their conversation, Nynaeve was able to tell that Moghedien had to be one of the three women that came to Salidar with them off the boat, so she just checked for whichever one was sleeping deeply from the fork root.

Ohh right that's make sense! Thanks!

she somhow knew moghiedien was posing as marigan because when she has captured her she says 'see you soon marigan, its important to remember that sometimes the characters know more of whats going on than is conveyed from their POV's

Actually, what she says is:

"...And you knew who Siuan is, that she used to be the Amyrlin Seat.  I've never mentioned that in Tel'aran'rhiod.  Never.  I'll see you very shortly.  In Salidar."  Moghedien's eyes rolled up in her head....

So she didn't know it was Marigan, she just knew it was one of the women on the boat. 

Archived