DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Robin Hood

Corki

First up, has anyone else gone to see this yet? I don't want to go into too much detail yet, as I don't want to give away too many spoilers. Hence why my "review" below is restricted.

I went on Friday night with my girlfriend, and thoroughly enjoyed it - once I got over my initial annoyance at Russell Crowe's Irish accent at the beginning, which then disappears in the film. The film focused on Hood's early history - so finding out about his family and rise to becoming an outlaw. Cate Blanchett was very good as Marian, bringing maturity to the role compared to the usual "young lass" that has been portrayed in the past.

Roll on the sequel when we find out more about his life as the outlaw.

i enjoyed it :)  was about what i expected though i have a few bones to pick with the inacuracies concerning some of the characters.  i think a sequel would be alright; yet Prince of Theives really covers that aspect of Robins life well.  i really did enjoy the back story on him, and thought Russel Crowe did wonderful with him.  was reminded of Gladiator alot during this film (no duh  ::) ) so if you liked that film you'll enjoy this one.

i also liked a mature Maid Marion as well, though i've heard alot of complaints about the age potrayal of the characters.  the actors look in their 40's while the characters are supposed to be in their late teens early 20's.  however, given todays pick of young actors i have no arguements with who they chose for this movie. 

my 'bones to pick" that include spoilers are below in tan.

first off, i though King Richard survived the Crusades??  and i thought that eventually Robin has to rescue Marion from the Sheriff, so it made no sense to me to have her in the "Band of Merry Men" at the end of the movie.

Red: My reply to you is in Tan. *ggls* Richard did survive the Crusades on his way home he was ambushed in Austria and taken hostage. The nobles of England had to get enough money to ransom him back. He was killed in a Castle siege in France however, so that part was correct. However, I don't know why they killed him off before Robin did his thing because he's the whole reason Robin is fighting in many of the tales i've read anyway. They in England are waiting for King Richard to return and right the wrongs and kick Prince John off the throne.

I liked Cate as Marion her whole "would you please come to my room?" with a bad curtsy made me laugh. I dunno that I liked it as much as some of the other Robin hoods i've seen but it wasn't too bad. 

ok so i finally got into town on the weekend and went to the movies

i liked it ok the acting and all that was good. i just don't know why but it wasn't one of those movies that totally grabed my attention

i have to say that king richard dying before robin got back just did not make sense to me

• 1 month later...

I really liked it.  It set up the sequel very nicely and Ridley Scott + Russell Crowe = The Dream Team.  I really liked all the actors and actresses that were in it; especially Little John and Will Scarlett.  While it wasn't the second coming of Gladiator, it was still really entertaining and I liked how Robin Hood wasn't really born of a Lord, but just an ordinary man.

Archived