DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Top 100 PC games ever?

Barmacral

So, PC gamer released its list of top 100 pc games, which is horrible. http://ca.kotaku.com/5538813/the-greatest-pc-games-of-all-time-according-to-2010 (link courtesy to silver)

Anyways, I think we can do better. Shall we try and make a real list? One that doesn't involve a lot of stupid teenage console gamers voting on.

Some should be on the list, others have no place even being near it.

Top PC Games(in no particular order):

Half Life

Counter-Strike

Team Fortress

KotOR

StarCraft

Morrowind

X-Wing/Tie-Fighter

Doom

Wolfenstein

MechWarrior 2

King's Quest

Monkey Island

BioShock

Worms

Lemmings

Bejeweled (start of the 'casual' revolution)

Baldurs gate was awesome.

I personally never enjoyed half life or counterstrike and modern warfare 2 just isn't that great either.

Fallout 3 and Oblivion are great games although I haven't played either on a pc. I certainly don't think Dragon Age should be so high up despite the fact I loved it.

Blizzards best game imo is Diablo 2 and that isn't even in the top 20..

Fallout 3? I really don't get why it's so high up. I enjoyed it, certainly, but I honestly feel its the weakest of the main series outside of its graphics and the switch to FPS type combat.

Dragon Age? Eh, I liked it a lot to be honest, probably one of my favorite games in the last few years. I can see it being in the top 20 or so, but top 10?

Where are the Civilization games? Oh, there they are. Halfway up the list.  >:(

I loled at FF7 actually being on the list. I mean, technically it was on PC, sure. I even had a copy for PC before I had a Playstation. Ahhh well.

This list doesn't really look at the classics very closely, I think, but I suppose I can't blame them. There have been a ton of really great games the last few years, IMO, and those are the first that come to mind for now I'd guess.

I second the nomination for Diablo 2!

Also, I think some more of the MMO's deserve a mention - like Everquest, Ultima Online, even Guild Wars.

I'm going to age myself here, but I still remember those old Sierra games like Leisure-Suit Larry!!!

Archived