DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The fourth age

Musenge

What will it be?

Technological? Rand's schools, Aludra's cannons, Kin Tovere's stuff, steam engines, electric etc

Mythological? Wolves speaking to men, Sniffers, Min's visions etc

Another AoL? More one power users found now, men and women together again in the power, talents rediscovered...

A weird blend or none of the above?

I would imagine that it is a semi-technological age, with mythological elements, but without the one power being channeled.

The reason I say this is that RJ has said that the percentage of the population that can channel is decreasing. It has gone from 3% in the AOL to 1% now. (Those numbers are from the Week 15 question here http://www.wotmania.com/faqtopic.asp?ID=152 )With each new Age, some abilities come and some go, and channeling seems to be on the way out. It has to dissapear before "our" age returns. I think of the fourth age as perhaps the "Atlantis" type legendary culture that preceeds ours, giving us our legends.

I think it will be technology driven with the One Power and other super human activities thrown in the mix.

I know the number of channellers has been declining, but with Sadin cleansed and AS beginning to accept AM I immigane this will change.

Archived