DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Another Missed Detail Theory from TSR - LOC

Ironlion

So I'm on my re-read, and last night I come upon this from The Shadow Rising, Chapter 2 (paraphrased):

Rand is dreaming, he dreams of being forced through a forest by Moraine.  Waiting for him is the Amyrlin on a stump.

A stump? what does that have to do with anything? 

Well, to me it's a small enough detail to point out that Rand is actually dreaming of the future where he meets Egwene as Amerylin @ the Great Stump.  It almost makes sense, as this is the only way the two would be able to meet without a threat to one another.  It was just too small a thing that actually made sense that made me re-read it 2 or 3 times.

Discuss.

haha. I almost missed this as sarcasm until I got to the end. I was like 'whaaaat?'

As to the OPs thought, I don't think it's completely outside the realm of possibility. :)

Obviously the 'stump' in this case refers to where Rand's hand was blown off and all this implies the Amyrlin, Rand, and others will come together to form Voltron after he loses more body parts.

Obviously the 'stump' in this case refers to where Rand's hand was blown off and all this implies the Amyrlin, Rand, and others will come together to form Voltron after he loses more body parts.

I knew the WoT was just a cover for Transformers in a fantasy setting ;)

Rand recognized Moiraine in the dream so it's likely he was referring to Suian as the Amyrlin. A detail from the same period in that book could also be that Rand lowers himself into a chest after defeating the mirror-Rands. We never see for certain that he was the real Rand, it's just very heavily implied. Perrin enters almost immediately and the chest is covered in glass and Rand's laying against one of the bed posts instead!

Archived