DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings from a Swedishg girl :)

Purson

Hej I´m a swedish girl and i´m very bad on english, so i hope you can excuse me for that?

I just love WoT. But i have only read the books in swedish.

I started to read them when i was 12 years old, it´s 12 years ago :) and i has re-read them many times :)

I´m thinking of a read them in english. Them seems better then. But all books is better in ther oringinal languish??

I love read about Lan and Perrin.

I hope Rj get his health back soon.

Greetings from Sweden // Purson

i started reading them on norwegian then went over to english...now own the whole serie in english and reread the books i read in norwegian in english...i think its bether on english but then i think so in general for movies and books writen or made on english ...just cause i think there is so many silly translations that takes away from the content in the lack of a word or expresion with the exact same meaning as on the original language...

anyway...hi and welcome :D and trust me they will bare with your bad english...they survived my and you'll get bether after spending some time on here

Hey Person...errrrr I mean Purson, we have quite a few ppl (yeah alot of them seem to be girls) from Sweden or Norway (Danya, Raena, and Demigod just to name a few). It's fine if you're not good at English, though you might not understand all of our puns, you'll still have a LOT of fun.

I am 15, I read the books only once, I started just over a year ago, and finished them in 7 months, then I found this site, and...yeah, this is where I spend at least half my day (I know I'm on too much, and I am cutting back from what I had been).

Well, welcome to the site, and if you're looking for an AWESOME time, join the Band of the Red Hand Org, it will be more fun than you can imagine.

By the way, how did you learn about the books? Ihave a pretty uninteresting story, my big brother told me about them and...I started them (he still hasn't finished them).

But I did hear a funny story from one member (Vorkia by name) she said that one of her friends kept telling her to read it, and then finally she was over at his house for a party, and he gave her the book, sat down on her lap, and told her he wasn't getting up till she had finished the first chapter. After that she was hooked.

Well, as I said before, WELCOME.

Guest Egwene

Hello Purson... welcome to Dragonmount. You'll find a lot of people here for whom english is a foreign language... most people are pretty forgiving. And yes, definately recommend reading in the original language.

:P

Hej Purson! I'm from Sweden too, so if you feel like discussing in Swedish, just send me a PM :wink:

I started to read the books in Swedish, but then they didn't translate them as fast as I read, so I tried my luck on an English one. I din't understand everything, but I got better with time. So yeah, you should try reading them in English.

Welcome do Dragonmount! :D

Hi Purson. Im just another one who wishes to welcome you to this site. I'm norwegian myself, and I know about the english part. It can be difficult at times. But the people here are quite foregiving on language mistakes.

I to would definietly recommend reading the books in it's original language. Its easy to loose some of the authors "touch" in a translation. And personaly I think that the world that Robert Jordan had created is so much better in its original format.

Again, welcome :D

:D Welcome! I am 16 and on book 7 I got hooked cause (like with goldie above me) My sister told me about them and I started reading and it shot off from there!

The funny thing is, my sister stopped at book 5 and I kept going! She is thinking about starting again and i talk to her about it every chance I get, but alas, she is 24 and lives 30 miles away!

Don't worry about the english, I am living in Utah, USA and I have hard time speaking sometimes, I mean, my brain works faster than my hands, so I may say stuff like, "Theis is bejjer tou me!" From what I've seen, no one has a perfect typing technique! People can translate pretty well here, it comes with joining in!

welcome to dragonmount! :D

Archived