• Created
  • Last Reply

lol i loved it Emu,

here is an alternate ending

Cyndane: ok lets shake on it

Rand : sure

*crunch !!*

Cyndane: what?!

Rand: oh right that bauble was still in my hand.....um Lanfear you ok? why are u shaking like that?....oops

Rand: i didn't just kill another woman did i? damn......

Guest Emu on the Loose

Cool, you'd be making up for the copy that I won't be buying.

Not a Tarantino fan, eh? I admit, it's a selective taste...

Seriously, though, Lanfear was way under-utilized as a character. She wasn't very interesting as a jealous ex-girlfriend, but she was my favorite character as a pretender to the Wheel. It would have been incredible if RJ had explored the viability of her offer to Rand rather than left it purely to our imaginations on the thin logic of the old Icarus myth. Instead she hasn't been a presence in the later books, and I have this dreading feeling that Cyndane is going to be unglamorously turned to toast in the next two books, rather than redeemed or vindicated. Such a fate would make her the most tragic character in the story, and that doesn't sit right with me. I'd really love it if RJ gave her some credit, but I just don't see that happening. Which is what this thread is for!

Cool, you'd be making up for the copy that I won't be buying.

Not a Tarantino fan, eh? I admit, it's a selective taste...

On the contrary, I'm quite a fan of his. I know you meant it as a joke but I don't want his style anywhere near the WOT.

I agree with you on Lanfear and the moment on the docks remains as one of my favourites in the series. I felt chills when reading it and hoped that either, she'd play prominently in Finnland or show up in badass fashion reincarnated. The Cyndane POV during the Cleansing was okay but left me wanting more. She was an enigma before, playing around, but loses that element as Cyndane. It's understandable as she's mindtrapped (which I hope ends sometime soon) and because of Rand 'betraying' her. Still, I hope to see more of her.

Also there's something about a tall, slender and pale woman that doesn't translate to a shorter more buxom lady (though there is no problem with that!). There isn't that allure. If only the DO could have recycled her body, haha.

Of all the Chosen that returned, Cyndanes purpose has been kept from us the most. Which makes me think she might get the spotlight again at some point.

If Aviendha killed her I wouldnt mind. But it would only be good if Aviendha knew who she was killing, same with any Forsaken kill.

It would have been fun to have a gay male character.  Not a flaming-weave-of-balefire homosexual but just your run of the mill cool gay warrior type.  Maybe someone older who doesn't need to flaunt so much...like Elyas, or Dobraine or someone like that.

Hmmmmmm....

Nynaeve walked briskly toward her room and was surprised to hear festive music coming from within.  She opened the door slowly and peeked in.  Her eyes grew wide and her jaw dropped and she embraced saidar just for good measure.  The festive music was indeed coming from her room, and Lan was dressed in a coat and breeches much like the style Min wore, though MUCH tighter.  He twirled around and lept through the sitting room, unaware that she could see him.  Kicking his leg high in the air, then landing on bended knee and throwing his hands wide he yelled "I'm a dansssssssssserrrrrr!!"

Nynaeve eased her way back out of the room and shut the door quietly.  She would send him to the Borderlands...yes, that is what she would do.

It would have been fun to have a gay male character.  Not a flaming-weave-of-balefire homosexual but just your run of the mill cool gay warrior type.  Maybe someone older who doesn't need to flaunt so much...like Elyas, or Dobraine or someone like that.

Hmmmmmm....

Nynaeve walked briskly toward her room and was surprised to hear festive music coming from within.  She opened the door slowly and peeked in.  Her eyes grew wide and her jaw dropped and she embraced saidar just for good measure.  The festive music was indeed coming from her room, and Lan was dressed in a coat and breeches much like the style Min wore, though MUCH tighter.  He twirled around and lept through the sitting room, unaware that she could see him.  Kicking his leg high in the air, then landing on bended knee and throwing his hands wide he yelled "I'm a dansssssssssserrrrrr!!"

Nynaeve eased her way back out of the room and shut the door quietly.  She would send him to the Borderlands...yes, that is what she would do.

??? ??? ???

;D

Hmmmmmm....

I will never forgive you for this!

Boy, I have a lot.

The big one has many applications. It would be lightfriends of all stripes (individuals and societies) getting their heads out of their bums and starting to work together, and work effectively to do some good, and win the LB.

How would this apply?

1. AS (and Egwene): you are not always right, other people have brains. Don't set yourself apart. Put some sisters on the Blight. Adjust the Oaths. Heal the sick. Start to link and travel. Contact every ruler, but quick. Work with Rand to find a solution to the Black Tower and Seanchan issues. Moiraine's return will help.

2. Rand. Same thing. Stop being an ass. Treat trusted subordinates and friends with the respect they deserve (Dobraine, etc). Trust and work with your friends. Talk to Cadsuane. I know she's a bitch, but she has saved your bacon how many times? Moiraine's return will help. Also, try to get Perrin and Mat back to you, the end is near.

3. Tuon. Ugh. Don't know where to start.

She thought that the "key to the Last Battle" was Elayne

**SUPER SECRET WHITE TOWER SHE-MALE EVERYONE HATERS CLUB HEADED BY GODDESS ELAIDA**

Okhay, everyone...I had a fortellin. Something something blah blah bitch bitch THE KEY TO THE LAST BATTLE. OHMAHGOD!!one!1eleventy EVERYONE! Pull out your keyrings. Then we'll walk to SG and see which one fits.

*interruption from the audience of bitches* WAIT elaida, goddess, we aren't ready for the last battle yet!!!

HUSH we have to do it NAO before I forget about the fortelling and am distracted by something uncharacteristically convenient and frivolous. Like a white tower civil war...like that would ever happen.

This bit of dialog:

A - "Women! Might as well try to understand the sun."

B - "Have you considered that. rather than your confusion being evidence of insanity inherent in her gender, her actions would be completely understandable if you were privy to her train of thought? And that perhaps talking rationally with her might help?"

A - "Umm... No?"

B - "Try it some time."

They'll probably figure it out in the last 5 chapters or so.

"Rand and Egwene stopped, stunned looks upon their faces. It had suddenly occurred to them, as if by design; That if they stopped bickering like two high-schoolers who were secretly into each other that they might just have a chance"

The Dark One trembled.....

BTW do the whitecloaks have any relevance to the series any more?

Well since Galad is the commander now maybe they do. They could be a big help or a great hindrance when it comes time to fight.

Also with Asunawa (a Questioner) in control of the more fanatical faction of tCotL (although by their own custom/law a usurper) and, IRCC, aligned with the Seanchan (though separated in philosophy by Asunawa's base hatred of channelers of all stripes) there could still be some significant role that tCotL serve.

I can't recall now, but is there any relevant cycle passages or foretellings that might be attributed to tCotL, that might help us place them in future events?

Guest Emu on the Loose

@ dcat and Asha'man Kovan: That's awesome. Hear hear!

When we choose to read another person's work, we have to be willing to put up with their foibles, but, I don't mind telling you, after all the years I've been following TWoT it sure would be sweet to read a few lines like those.

"Try it sometime!"

Light, that's awesome.

Logain: So, one of my men overheard Taim meeting with Demandred.

Rand: Oh really? that is excellent news!

Logain: Huh?

Rand: That must mean Taim is setting up a trap to kill Demandred, it is so good to see that I have someone on my side i can trus with taking initiatives.

Logain: Uhm, well, my mens report says it looked like they were rather plotting something together.

Rand: Nonsense! Taim is one of my bestest allies, just look at hat he has done for me.

Logain: You mean creating his own private army of channelers, and now hanging out with Forsaken?

Rand: Shut up! You are just jealous!

Logain: Is this the guy we are hoping shall save the world? We are so screwed...

Logain: So, one of my men overheard Taim meeting with Demandred.

Rand: Oh really? that is excellent news!

Logain: Huh?

Rand: That must mean Taim is setting up a trap to kill Demandred, it is so good to see that I have someone on my side i can trus with taking initiatives.

Logain: Uhm, well, my mens report says it looked like they were rather plotting something together.

Rand: Nonsense! Taim is one of my bestest allies, just look at hat he has done for me.

Logain: You mean creating his own private army of channelers, and now hanging out with Forsaken?

Rand: Shut up! You are just jealous!

Logain: Is this the guy we are hoping shall save the world? We are so screwed...

Rand, he's just so funny ;)

Rand: Hey wahts this book Taim?

Taim: No don't read that! Its private my Lord Dragon.

Rand: 'How to cook Dragons' Taim?

Taim: Ah ha no. Lets see my Lord Dragon. Ah, there's some dust on the cover. Its 'How to cook for Dragons', mi'lord.

Rand: Oh okay. Lets see. Thankin you buddy.

Taim: No! Give it back. Please you country pumpkin or I mean Lord Dragon.

Rand: Wait there's more dust on the cover. 'How to cook for Dragons and then posion them with the food and stab them and hit them over the head with a lead pipe and throw them in the nearest water supply.' Taim?

Taim: Ahhhh.... I found that in Logain's locker. Yes thats what happened. Hey you should watch out for that guy!

Rand: Logain eh. Yes I should of known! Hey whats this? A birthday card for you Taim and its signed by 'all your pals at The Great Lord Of The Dark Inc.' and its has a picture of you and the forsaken on the cover on a rollercoaster. Taim?

Taim: He's a tricksie one my lord ,that Logain is. He always tring to ruiniss our friendship. Karate chop! Right now where to hid the body from Moridin. Oh crap the body link between the two.

Meanwhile somewhere in the blight...

Moridin: Nothing can stop my plans to end the turnings of the wheel forever. Now all I have to do......

Narg: You rang Master Moridin? Something about needing Nargs help. Moridin?

Perrin finally decides to give himself over to the wolves, who read his mind then immediately devour Faile, having seen the emotional stress she's put him through for the past year. Now in Wolf Mode, Perrin thanks them and joins the pack, which is hunting the large pack of Darkhounds. Elyas joins as well and brutally kills Fain, whom they meet while tracking the Darkhounds.

Aviendha figures out one of the ter'angreal she read on the trip to Caemlyn. I'm thinking chain lightning or maybe force fields. However, her channeling has attracted the notice of Graendal, who is not really dead. Graendal captures Aviendha then orders the infamous 13 Dreadlords + 13 Fades conversion trick. She then uses Aviendha as a weapon against Rand's forces in Shayol Ghul. Logain kills her with an axe or something non-power related.

Elayne goes through a quiet, uneventful labor, leaves the twins with Lini, and teams up with Nynaeve and Lan at Tarwin's Gap. Egwene and Bryne arrive as well with forces from the White Tower. Battle ensues. Gawyn is mauled by a Worm, which Elayne destroys in retribution. Elayne then shrieks inconsolably, having realized that she could have used balefire to save Gawyn. Egwene secretly thanks both Elayne and the Worm for the favor.

Elaida escapes her Seanchan captors in Ebou Dar after revealing critical information about the White Tower. However, she runs into Moghedien, who places an intricate shield upon her and returns her to the city. Not nearly pretty enough to be a da'covale, Elaida is sold at a very reasonable price to one of the Low Blood at market. 

Demandred shows up in Tear and reveals himself to be MAZRIM TAIM. When Min asks why he didn't recognize Flinn during the Cleansing, Demandred replies that it was because Flinn was not wearing his Asha'man uniform. He and his renegade Asha'man kill Cadsuane and most of her Aes Sedai attendants during the resulting battle. Victory for the Shadow seems assured, at which point Demandred is balefired by Moiraine, who steps in seamlessly as Rand's advisor, keeping Cadsuane's paralis-net because she thinks it's pretty. Thom, her warder, has become a demolitions expert from his time with Aludra. He juggles grenades and is no longer treated like a side-character.

Taim: He's a tricksie one my lord ,that

Logain is. He always tring to ruiniss our friendship. Karate chop! Right now

where to hid the body from Moridin. Oh crap the body link between the two.

Moridin: Nothing can stop my plans to end the turnings of the wheel forever. Now all I have to do......

Narg: You rang Master Moridin? Something about needing Nargs help.

Moridin?

You know, somewhere in there you may have hit on something..

Taim: He's a tricksie one my lord ,that

Logain is. He always tring to ruiniss our friendship. Karate chop! Right now

where to hid the body from Moridin. Oh crap the body link between the two.

Narg: You rang Master Moridin? Something about needing Nargs help.

Moridin?

Throw enoughs darts and your bound to hit the board, kinda like Taims tactics. Or even Sammael. Oh gosh! Taim is Sammael. Its all so obvious now.

You know, somewhere in there you may have hit on something..

Archived