DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

That Secret Idea You Have That You Really Want To Happen, But Won't

Luckers

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Moridin decides its useless to fight 'death' and actually to live another few thousand years alone.  He Traveling up to the top of a Black Mountain top north of the Blight, reflects on what to do.  Then he decides to get vengeance against the Dark One. How? By channeling everything Moridin can using the True Power and 2nd most powerful giant sa'angreal ever created, into creating biggest wall of Balefire ever thought of, into the Bore hole at Shayol Ghul... thus creating a truly bizarre situation.

The Dark One's own True Power eliminates himself, before he ever was created in the first place.... There are no darkfriends, only vague memories of darkfriends now. 

1. Fain kills the Dark One by stabbing Shadar Haran with the dagger. (How do you kill something much, much, much bigger than you, even a god? No amount of raw power would suffice, but something viral like the Mashadar taint has a chance.) Unfortunately, Machin Shin is setup to become a new Dark One for the next turning. Oh well.

2. The White and Black Towers mutually realize that there's no good reason bonding should have to be for life, and that people should be released from the bond if circumstances make it sensible. All the Red Ajah prisoners are released, ending the diplomatic incident.

1. The Epilogue of AMoL is word-for-word the Prologue from tEotW over again, but this time the reader knows from the previous chapter that the man going crazy (Lews Therin) is actually Rand and Elan Morin is actually Moridin. Very cyclic (definitely Wheel-y) and awesome. Also the Prologue is my favorite chapter in the series, so I'm totally down with it getting used twice.

4. Mat gets pissed at Rand for trying to bully his wife, and kicks his ass thanks to his foxhead keeping Rand from channeling at him.

5. Egwene lifts the oaths in preparation for the last battle and sets everyone to making ridiculously awesome power-wrought weaponry and personally makes a full suit of cuendillar armor for Rand.

1: Rand and Lews Therin are different stages of the wheels cycle, thus this'd be very counterproductive/confusing.

4: Mat's foxhead protects him from Female Channeling, not Saidin (I say this because he's been touched by Saidin in the past but it protected him from Aran'gar)

5: No offence, but I'd be very disappointed if this happened. It'd really undermine the point of the oaths etc.

Not true on 4. Aran'gar channels saidin, not saidar, because she was originally a man. She's just been transmigrated. It stopped Aran'gar's channeling, thus it stops saidin. For proof of her channeling saidin look at the Cleansing again. The lightning that hit Mat in Caemlyn was simply guided with saidin, not made of saidin in and of itself, so it wasn't nullified by the medallion. Or that is how I understand it.

I'd like to see a sort of "10 years later" chapter, or something to that extent, at the end. But I don't think this will happen. I just wanna see what everyone ends up doing.

You're missing my point. I know perfectly well she channels saidin, but he CAN be touched by Saidin, IIRC it's been proven. I always understood that to mean that it protected from (not only Saidar) women channeling generally?

You do not recall correctly. The medallion protects from saidin as well as saidar, which was proven by Aran'gar channeling at him in LoC.

The lightning hit him because it was not, itself, of the Power. Lightning is electrons leaping to earth themselves--Rahvin used the Power to incite the electrons to jump, perhaps even funneled them at targets (though the strikes seemed random to me), but the Power did not touch Mat. It's rather like throwing a rock--using the power to make it move towards him, but not actually touching him with the power. Only, instead of a rock, Rahvin threw electrons.

Note: we see a repeat of this fact in KoD when Joline uses a Seanchan weave to make sparks singe him.

Perrin enters the Wolfdream for no reason in paticular.  Hopper tells him of great danger.  Perrin tries to confront this danger, and loses himself, and becomes the wolf in the flesh.  Faile wakes up next to her "Wolfking" and he tears her throat out with his massive jaws, runs away with Elyas, and they kick the crap out Shadowspawn.

3. The DO will bring Aginor back again and he'll get himself killed again.  It's funny how he keeps dying.

Are we saying that Aginor is the Wile E. Coyote of the Wheel of Time? Yet another genius that keeps getting it wrong!

...................meep meep...............................

Then there's the Acme Dynamite Co, AKA Aludra and the Illuminators..

Mat, Thom and Noal go to the Tower of Ghenji, and its like a maze or something; in the seemingly random and therefore by default right choice of direction, they encounter Slayer. Noals like, "Alrighty buddy!" and then turns on Mat and Thom. Mat kicks some ass, Thom is mortally wounded, Slayer and Noal bite some dust. Olver had followed despite Mats stern warnings, turns out to be the third person (the one Moiraine didnt know) and together Mat and Olver find the game, break the rules by two people playing instead of three, and rescue Moiraine in time for her to Heal Thom.

Random theory while I was writing that. Three people play against the Finns, each person is given clues on how to win but not the same clues and they arent allowed to communicate. Mat learns its impossible to figure it out with one persons clues/moves, an takes Thoms as well as his own.

Rand, now as timeless as any Forsaken after gaining more past life memories, stood in the Pit of Doom, Moridin to his left, Shaidar to his right, the remaining Chosen surrounding them. A nice chat among immortals, with Rand talking down to AoLers. Ishamael says "Come on al'Thor, you dont even know what the Bore is, how do you think to fix THAT?" and Rands like, "Do you know that I am one with the Pattern? I can FEEL the Bore." The Shadow think they are about to make the Dark One possess Rands body, but Rand has a trick up his sleeve.

You do not recall correctly. The medallion protects from saidin as well as saidar, which was proven by Aran'gar channeling at him in LoC.

The lightning hit him because it was not, itself, of the Power. Lightning is electrons leaping to earth themselves--Rahvin used the Power to incite the electrons to jump, perhaps even funneled them at targets (though the strikes seemed random to me), but the Power did not touch Mat. It's rather like throwing a rock--using the power to make it move towards him, but not actually touching him with the power. Only, instead of a rock, Rahvin threw electrons.

Note: we see a repeat of this fact in KoD when Joline uses a Seanchan weave to make sparks singe him.

We get a Rand POV where he claims it didn't protect him from Saidin and that that lightning was evidence of such. Are we therefore to assume he was wrong - remember, thinking of it in terms of electrons isn't convincing - that may not be the way lightning is crafted in WoT, the power is beyond our comprehension.

I want a pov of me reading the book, including all my thoughts and reactions
"Durinax was initially surprised to see his name in a WoT book, but continued to read, his curiosity piqued. His eyes traversed over the words, as he absorbed their meaning, and while he felt this was an interesting diversion, he did wonder when he might be getting back to the story. He flicked ahead quickly and when he saw it went on like this for several more pages he decided to give up and just skip ahead, sure in the knowledge he wouldn't be missing any thing, not even bothering to finish reading this..."

We get a Rand POV where he claims it didn't protect him from Saidin and that that lightning was evidence of such. Are we therefore to assume he was wrong
Yes. Characters in WoT frequently are. We see it protect against both saidin and saidar, and also effects of the Power, from both sides, are able to touch him, therefore it cannot be that the lightning was saidin that killed him, it has to be something else.
the power is beyond our comprehension.
Speak for yourself.

We get a Rand POV where he claims it didn't protect him from Saidin and that that lightning was evidence of such. Are we therefore to assume he was wrong - remember, thinking of it in terms of electrons isn't convincing - that may not be the way lightning is crafted in WoT, the power is beyond our comprehension.

Yes. Rand was wrong. Aran'gar channels at Mat in LoC 44, and he is protected.

Additionally, RJ had a background in physics, and knew lightning is a discharge of electrons. Also the Power is not beyond our comprehension--it is not real, but RJ's stated basis for creating it was 'if you ask people to believe in something that isn't real you must make it as realistic as possible'. RJ applies laws and rules to the Power based on his background in physics--this means that the Power is entirely within the scope of our comprehension, for all that it is fantastical. Indeed, that was RJ's goal.

Remember that, at this point, Rand must be in a state of shock - he sees Mat, Aviendha, and Asmodean (all people he depends on, if not actually friends) dead. He's not going to stop and think analytically. Instead, he goes after Rahvin, in a berserk rage.

I want a pov of me reading the book, including all my thoughts and reactions
"Durinax was initially surprised to see his name in a WoT book, but continued to read, his curiosity piqued. His eyes traversed over the words, as he absorbed their meaning, and while he felt this was an interesting diversion, he did wonder when he might be getting back to the story. He flicked ahead quickly and when he saw it went on like this for several more pages he decided to give up and just skip ahead, sure in the knowledge he wouldn't be missing any thing, not even bothering to finish reading this..."

Death stalks down the corridor. He pauses by the door to his library, sure he has heard something, even though he is just a skeleton dressed in naught but a rather fetching black robe. He pushes the door open, and sees Durinax, engrossed in a book, the book of his life. He checks Durinax' lifetimer, shakes his head, and closes the door. "POOR MAN DOESN'T KNOW HE'S IN THE WRONG STORY.. BETTER WARN MY AUTHOR MR PRATCHETT ABOUT THAT.."

Mat brings Tuon back to Two Rivers to meet his parents  ;D

ROLF...  :P

Thumbs Up.

Tuon: Why is this peasant meeting my eyes, Toy?

Mat: He's my father, uhm, Empress of my heart?

Abel: Give your father in law a big hug!

Tuon: Break his arm, Selucia.

Mat: Wait, wait, let's all calm down.

Abel: Wow, why'd you marry this bitch?

Tuon: Okay, that's it, everyone either kneels or becomes property of the Empire right now!

Mat: Okay, Empress, maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

Listener: Hey, this Coplin guy says that the Prince of the Ravens is a trouble-maker.  I think he should hang from the Tower of the Ravens by his toes until he starves to death.

Mat: Seriously, who invited all of you?

2. The White and Black Towers mutually realize that there's no good reason bonding should have to be for life, and that people should be released from the bond if circumstances make it sensible. All the Red Ajah prisoners are released, ending the diplomatic incident.

I agree with this, with one provision: all bonded channelers need to be released, both Asha'man and Aes Sedai. They will never gain equal footing with a Warder/Aes Sedai relationship because the bond is, by definition, unequal with the bond holder being the one in the superior position. Bonding needs to stop immediately and, for the situations where channelers bonded channelers, needs to be undone and left that way. Rand was a fool to offer his men as slaves to the Aes Sedai (especially when what he is doing is essentially offering restitution to the people who intended to kill his men!), and it's one of the few times that left me wanting to kick him into the next age.

I agree with this, with one provision: all bonded channelers need to be released, both Asha'man and Aes Sedai. They will never gain equal footing with a Warder/Aes Sedai relationship because the bond is, by definition, unequal with the bond holder being the one in the superior position. Bonding needs to stop immediately and, for the situations where channelers bonded channelers, needs to be undone and left that way. Rand was a fool to offer his men as slaves to the Aes Sedai (especially when what he is doing is essentially offering restitution to the people who intended to kill his men!), and it's one of the few times that left me wanting to kick him into the next age.

That's a fine diplomacy act: giving up something to gain respect/peace/calming down/whatever.

I'm hoping Verin will have sent letters to each of Rand, Mat and Perrin, saying to all of them 'So alright already, you don't know how to deal with women. STOP wishing the other two were here to tell you what to do, because they're ALL just as rubbish as you are. Now go do something useful. Verin. PS The Horn of Valere is hidden in... oh damn, is it that time alrea...<dead>'

I'm hoping Verin will have sent letters to each of Rand, Mat and Perrin, saying to all of them 'So alright already, you don't know how to deal with women. STOP wishing the other two were here to tell you what to do, because they're ALL just as rubbish as you are. Now go do something useful. Verin. PS The Horn of Valere is hidden in... oh damn, is it that time alrea...<dead>'

Yeah, would like to see this happening! Could be great :)

3. The DO will bring Aginor back again and he'll get himself killed again.  It's funny how he keeps dying.

Are we saying that Aginor is the Wile E. Coyote of the Wheel of Time? Yet another genius that keeps getting it wrong!

I was thinking more like him being the Kenny of the Forsaken and every novel should have him dying in another random way.

Archived