DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

That Secret Idea You Have That You Really Want To Happen, But Won't

Luckers

So. In the past week I've gone through three thousand posts for the Big Unmentioned Thing, and have been driven utterly insane by it. When I go insane I get whimsical, and thus threads like this happen.

So, what's the thing you want to see happen that you know won't.

Here's mine.

1. An AOL Aes Sedai will be found in a stasis box, will be released and will verbally bitchslap modern Aes Sedai so hard they won't stop crying for a week. In that week she will, of course, gather and fully train hundreds of thousands of Aes Sedai, who will, quite naturally, refuse to be bound as criminals.

2. An Aes Sedai will stop posturing, go to the atha'an miere and tell them that hanging an Aes Sedai from the rigging of their ships and beating her constitutes an act of war against the Tower and thus nullifies the Bargain. When they get upset she will remind them they are a bunch of glorified merchants, tell them that they can scream foul in every port they care to call because their political weight is less than zilch compared to the Tower. As she is leaving she will, of course, remind them that they are children screaming "I want! I want! I want!" while around them the world prepares to fight the single greatest evil humanity has ever known. At this point the Atha'an Miere will choose to emulate the Amayar (their illusions of relevence being over).

3. Moridin will realise that 'divide and conquer' is sort of failing, and settle simply for 'conquer', and assasinate every figure of authority he can get his hands on, as Semirhage did in Seanchan.

Now you. Go!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elaida helps with the revelation that all Sul'dam can learn to channel, and partially redeems herself.

Oooh! That brings a new one for me. Someone forcibly makes Fortuona spark--yeah, choose not to channel now, bitch.

(INSANE!)

(I actually like Fortuona too... wierd!)

Rand will be losing in his last battle with the DO until the very last when he learns the DO's real name.

Terry.

Rand will become enraged and smite that sucker down.

1. Moridin will go to Seanchan to try and influence them to attack Rand's forces in the back while he marches on Shayol Ghul.  Given her experiences with Semirhage, Tuon will realize that it's another Forsaken trying to influence her and try to stop him and Moridin will kill the annoying bitch, leaving Mat free to get himself a woman who's worth his time.

2. The Aes Sedai will remember one of the thousands of conversations they've had with each other about linking and take all the novices with them to the Last Battle so that they'll be able to form circles and blow up Trollocs with a lot more power than they'd have on their own.

3. The DO will bring Aginor back again and he'll get himself killed again.  It's funny how he keeps dying.

Moridin: Hey Rand, you know when I told you how balefire is the key to killing us Chosen? Well, I was lying, do you really think I would tell you the clue to overcoming us? Wait... wheres Rahvin?

Rand: Yeah, talk about handing me victory on a cuendillar platter eh?

Moridin: Errrrrm... can you, like, NOT tell anyone I told you about this?

Rand will turn out to be the physical manifestation of the Dark One in  Randland (not outside of it), created by his own obsession with the Prophesy et al. He'll find that the real battle is for himself, not the world... though there will be a battle for that too, it merely hinges on him showing up as the DO-on-earth, or... himself?

1. Egwene starts to let Rand know how angry she is with him and he gags her with Air and tells her to STFU.

2. Rand has Gawyn executed for being a douche.

3. Asdmo's killer reveals his/herself on the first page of ToM.

4. The Aes Sedai, as a whole, get put in their place.

5. Menage-a-Rand? I kid, I kid.

So. In the past week I've gone through three thousand posts for the Big Unmentioned Thing, and have been driven utterly insane by it.
I hope you get better soon.
When I go insane I get whimsical
I'm only whimsical when I'm sane. Insanity just makes me murderous. Whimsical would have the advantage of not causing as much of a mess.

Anyway, I would like to see Egwene die and Pevara become the new Amyrlin in her place. Not because I have anything against Egwene, I just wouldn't mind her dying. Also, Mat says to Noal Charin that they've figured out he's really Jain Farstrider, and he says "sorry mate, he's just my cousin. I don't where you got that from."

Or how about this:

RAND: You killed my father.

LUC: No, I am your father.

RAND:......Dude, mum was your sister. Gross.

And, of course, Fain's final moments (shamelessly stolen from Angel):

Moiraine: One last job. You're not part of the solution, Fain. You never will be.

Rand: You killing me? A flunky?! I'm not just... Rand... kills me. You... Rand... [dies]

1. The Epilogue of AMoL is word-for-word the Prologue from tEotW over again, but this time the reader knows from the previous chapter that the man going crazy (Lews Therin) is actually Rand and Elan Morin is actually Moridin. Very cyclic (definitely Wheel-y) and awesome. Also the Prologue is my favorite chapter in the series, so I'm totally down with it getting used twice.

2. Mat's hat = the BUT  8)  :P  This will so never happen, but I would rub it in everyone's face. Also I just think it would be cool if there was something weird about Mat's bloody good hat.

3. Towers of Midnight means we get to see the actual Towers of Midnight in Seanchan, now that the Seanchan have travelling from their AS prisoners. (Impossible because RJ said we wouldn't see it in the main series.)

4. Mat gets pissed at Rand for trying to bully his wife, and kicks his ass thanks to his foxhead keeping Rand from channeling at him.

5. Egwene lifts the oaths in preparation for the last battle and sets everyone to making ridiculously awesome power-wrought weaponry and personally makes a full suit of cuendillar armor for Rand.

6. A DARK ONE POV! (I highly doubt we'd ever, EVER get one of these)

I agree, Luckers, those Atha'an Miere really do need to meet their comeuppance.

1) Taim shows up at a Forsaken social, and everyone tries to ignore him.

2) Demandred realizes just how ineffective the Forsaken are.  "Wait, there were HOW many DarkHounds circling around Perrin's camp?  We couldn't have asked like 5 to go kill him?"  "Aran'Gar, you were seriously dancing with Mat?  You KNOW we're supposed to kill that guy!" "Mogh, do I even need to say anything?"

3) Logain defeats the Dark One, and we realize that we've been following the wrong storyline all along.

4) Rand wonders why the Creator bothered talking to him just to let him know "I WILL TAKE NO PART."  Wouldn't silence have accomplished the same end?

Id really like to see a Darkfriend Ashaman bonded to a Black Aes Sedai, and have them link and lay some smackdown. Like, Taim linking with Alviarin or something.

Also, Im waiting for Mat to encounter a slowly closing vertical door type thing, and he rolls under it but his hat falls off, and just before it closes his hand darts under for the hat. Matrim Cauthon: Raiders of the Tower of Ghenji.

1) Taim shows up at a Forsaken social, and everyone tries to ignore him.

Moridin hosts the meeting in T'A'R, and on the off chance, it takes place when Rand is sleeping. He is pulled into T'A'R in his dreams because of the connection to Moridin like in TGS, sees the meeting through Moridins eyes, and now has proof that Taim is dark as well as inside info on their next moves.

1. Demandred and a massive army of Sharan channelers believing him to the real Dragon Reborn invade Randland and start tearing through the Light's force like wet toilet paper. I can't help but shake the horrible feeling that Demandred's reveal is going to be very anti-climatic

2. Slayer vs. Fain. 'nuff said.

1. The Epilogue of AMoL is word-for-word the Prologue from tEotW over again, but this time the reader knows from the previous chapter that the man going crazy (Lews Therin) is actually Rand and Elan Morin is actually Moridin. Very cyclic (definitely Wheel-y) and awesome. Also the Prologue is my favorite chapter in the series, so I'm totally down with it getting used twice.

4. Mat gets pissed at Rand for trying to bully his wife, and kicks his ass thanks to his foxhead keeping Rand from channeling at him.

5. Egwene lifts the oaths in preparation for the last battle and sets everyone to making ridiculously awesome power-wrought weaponry and personally makes a full suit of cuendillar armor for Rand.

1: Rand and Lews Therin are different stages of the wheels cycle, thus this'd be very counterproductive/confusing.

4: Mat's foxhead protects him from Female Channeling, not Saidin (I say this because he's been touched by Saidin in the past but it protected him from Aran'gar)

5: No offence, but I'd be very disappointed if this happened. It'd really undermine the point of the oaths etc.

1: Rand and Lews Therin are different stages of the wheels cycle, thus this'd be very counterproductive/confusing.

4: Mat's foxhead protects him from Female Channeling, not Saidin (I say this because he's been touched by Saidin in the past but it protected him from Aran'gar)

5: No offence, but I'd be very disappointed if this happened. It'd really undermine the point of the oaths etc.

OK, I agree with you on your critique of 1, but I think it would be really cool if the Epilogue was a reflection of the Prologue to tEotW, only with Rand's experience.

3. The DO will bring Aginor back again and he'll get himself killed again.  It's funny how he keeps dying.

Are we saying that Aginor is the Wile E. Coyote of the Wheel of Time? Yet another genius that keeps getting it wrong!

Not true on 4. Aran'gar channels saidin, not saidar, because she was originally a man. She's just been transmigrated. It stopped Aran'gar's channeling, thus it stops saidin. For proof of her channeling saidin look at the Cleansing again. The lightning that hit Mat in Caemlyn was simply guided with saidin, not made of saidin in and of itself, so it wasn't nullified by the medallion. Or that is how I understand it.

I'd like to see a sort of "10 years later" chapter, or something to that extent, at the end. But I don't think this will happen. I just wanna see what everyone ends up doing.

I'd like to see a sort of "10 years later" chapter, or something to that extent, at the end. But I don't think this will happen. I just wanna see what everyone ends up doing.

Yeah, not going to get a far-reaching epilogue like that from AMOL since they're supposed to go in out-rigger novels.  We'll see if those outriggers actually get written.  I doubt BS is going to be the one who finishes them.

I'd like to see someone beat Elaida over the head with the fact that she's misinterpreted EVERY SINGLE FORETELLING she's ever had.  [At least, she's misinterpreted all the ones we know about.  She thought that the "key to the Last Battle" was Elayne (it's Tigraine at the time of the Foretelling, which happened when Elaida was Accepted), and wasted twenty years ingratiating herself with Morgase.  She thought that Rand would have to be killed, based on the Foretelling she gave in his presence in the Eye of the World.  (This one, at least, she changed her mind about once she learned he was the Dragon Reborn.)  She thought that she was destined to triumph over the rebels, when her Foretelling was actually about Egwene.  Jordan has said that Elaida's Talent for Foretelling was not very strong, and I have a suspicion the Pattern gave it to her to mislead her rather than to inform her.]  But now that she's a damane, we've lost all chance for a satisfying scene of this sort.  Even if it happened, there's no satisfaction in seeing a damane tormented.

I'd also like to see the Sea Folk get their comeuppance, as others have mentioned.  But I have a suspicion this will happen in some fashion, and may even be satisfying; we just won't get to see the scenario Luckers outlined.

Archived