DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mat is 100% a direct descendant of Aemon

The_Dragon

The proof is all in the last name... Aemons last name is Caar al Thorin. Now obviously that is different from Cuathon, but if Anla can be ann landers and Elsbet can be Elizabeth the great, surely you can see how a thousand years or so can turn Caar al Thorin to Cuathon. i Mean say it fast and lose the ri in Thorin and its basically there. Discuss....

The proof is all in the last name... Aemons last name is Caar al Thorin. Now obviously that is different from Cuathon, but if Anla can be ann landers and Elsbet can be Elizabeth the great, surely you can see how a thousand years or so can turn Caar al Thorin to Cuathon. i Mean say it fast and lose the ri in Thorin and its basically there. Discuss....

using the same logic you could say tam is more of a direct link, over time Caar and in got dropped making it al'Thor. its less of a stretch than what your suggesting

using the same logic you could say tam is more of a direct link, over time Caar and in got dropped making it al'Thor. its less of a stretch than what your suggesting

Or Perrin Mat and Rand could all be distant descendants (not sure about Perrin's last name working), but it could explain all of their uncanny ability to lead and their Ta'Veran nature.

What do ya think?

Or Perrin Mat and Rand could all be distant descendants (not sure about Perrin's last name working), but it could explain all of their uncanny ability to lead and their Ta'Veran nature.

What do ya think?

perrins would come from the queens lineage, since daughter of was something like ay (so and so)

What do ya think?

perrins would come from the queens lineage, since daughter of was something like ay (so and so)

Would make sense. The queen was a VERY strong player against the shadow as well in the Trolloc Wars

Considering Rand is the product of an andor woman and an aiel man, I highly doubt he has any blood connection to Mat or Perrin.

I thought the books or guide mentioned the king and queen had no kids?  If so then there wouldn't be a direct descendant, though its possible a cousin/etc survived.

There are lots of al'Caars and al'Thors in the Two Rivers:

http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/geography/andor/emonds/index.html

Regarding Mat, there's an interesting bit in tDR Ch19. Mat is recovering from having been separated from the ruby dagger by the Aes Sedai. He wakes mumbling to himself in the OT, and suddenly recalls leading an army against Trollocs. A footnote says he is remembering himself as Aemon.

Note that this is long before Mat goes through the doorway t'a at Rhuidean and gets his head stuffed full of other people's memories. This memory is his own, it would seem.

Direct descendant or not, he looks to be Aemon reborn.

Ya know, it doesn't take much for someone to "take up a name" that wasn't originally in the line of descent.

Especially if you consider a whole bunch of farmers and city folks, who went into hiding of the forests while their city was sacked and their kingdom torn, and then returne dto build anew....would not seem far fetched they would adopt some of the royal names to honor.

There are lots of al'Caars and al'Thors in the Two Rivers:

http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/geography/andor/emonds/index.html

Regarding Mat, there's an interesting bit in tDR Ch19. Mat is recovering from having been separated from the ruby dagger by the Aes Sedai. He wakes mumbling to himself in the OT, and suddenly recalls leading an army against Trollocs. A footnote says he is remembering himself as Aemon.

Note that this is long before Mat goes through the doorway t'a at Rhuidean and gets his head stuffed full of other people's memories. This memory is his own, it would seem.

Direct descendant or not, he looks to be Aemon reborn.

Yes, he remembers leading the Heart Guard against the Trollocs. "He was known as the Gambler; it was time to toss the dice"

If any of Aemon's blood survives, then it is quite possible every native born Two Rivers man and woman has some of it.

This is the only sensible reply. Just an example: (almost) all Westerners are descendant from Charlemagne (one link here, more on google)

And that's 1,300 years. Aemon was 2,000+ years ago. And Emonds' Field is a MUCH smaller community than the current Western world.

It would be hilarious if Mat'I am no bloody lord' cauthon was Aemon reborn.  I think AS changed alot in 2000 years but would they have had kids even then, remember, Eldraine was an AS and Aemon the Warder would they have had kids?

LTT & Ilenya had kids.....LTT killed them but the Dragon was Reborn to and Aielman and an Andor Princess.

I've long held the belief that Mat was Aemon reborn...you don't need a direct line for a soul to be reborn.

I'm wondering if Mat is Aemon, is Tuon Eldrene?

Yeah, I just meant that Mat, if he is, would be more likely to be Aemon Reborn than a descendent of Aemon.  As for Tuon and Eldraine, could be, Mat and Tuon could be one of those pairs of heroes.

one would think that artur hawkwing would address him as aemon or somethign other than hornsounder then

Yeah, I just meant that Mat, if he is, would be more likely to be Aemon Reborn than a descendent of Aemon.  As for Tuon and Eldraine, could be, Mat and Tuon could be one of those pairs of heroes.

one would think that artur hawkwing would address him as aemon or somethign other than hornsounder then

I have wondered why Hawkwing didn't acknowledge Mat as Aemon, you would think Aemon was worthy to be among the hero's of the horn.

What about Perrin.....could he be a Hero of the Horn?

I have wondered why Hawkwing didn't acknowledge Mat as Aemon, you would think Aemon was worthy to be among the hero's of the horn.

What about Perrin.....could he be a Hero of the Horn?

Perrin was refered to just as the bannerman, nothing special

I would dissagree with matt being a direct descendant of Aemon, but agree that he is Aemon reborn, Perrin may be someone reborn, but even though they're reborn it doesnt mean their tied to the wheel as a hero of it, everyone is spun out as someone new again and again. 

Ishy and Mog both know this, now its possible Ishy is one of the heros tied to the horn, but they're simply center points spun out to help the age lace correct itself.  Mog's not but she knew about the heros being respun and I think she mentions as do others about people being spun out continuously.

Maybe Matt and Perrin will both become tied to the horn and the wheel over this whole thing..... As it is Matt is Aemon, to many things link him to that, and Perrin is probably someone else thats been mentioned from the history somewhere in the books, theres no one that sticks out like sore thumb, but there are a few possibilities.

Archived