DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why is Logain still at full power?

Giovanni

So I read at some point that the reason Siuan Sanche's ability in the OP was so greatly dimished is that her stilling was reverted by Nynaeve, and if her stilling would have been healed by a man she could have been restored to her original (considerable) power.

But this begs the question:  Why is Logain still at full power?

After all, it was on Logain that Nynaeve *discovered* the ability to heal stilling, something that wasn't even known during the AoL.

I suppose I shouldn't say that Logain is at his original power--of that there's no way to know.  But what we DO know is that during the assult on the mansion in which LTT first channels, and weaves all kinds of deathgates and blossoms of fire, it's said that Logain is holding almost as much of the OP as Rand can.

Any thoughts?  Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks for the reply!

Interesting.  If that's the case, I wonder what would happen if SS was stilled again, then healed by a man.  Would she be restored to her original power, or only her most recent level?

I personally think her original but we'll prob never find out. Imagine if you break your arm, and it's set incorrectly. Your arm is weaker.

But your arm can be rebroken, and correctly set.

I personally think her original but we'll prob never find out. Imagine if you break your arm, and it's set incorrectly. Your arm is weaker.

But your arm can be rebroken, and correctly set.

Wow, that's an excellent analogy!!  Thanks!

Of course I think she wouldn't even bother, she seems to rather enjoy her lesser power and the advantages she's found with it.

The comment about gender, I take that is in regards to True Source half.

Severed then Healed again, that was speculated about in a number of threads.  As far as I am aware, Robert Jordan did not comment about it.

Archived