DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Healing Severed Limbs and more...

bigWalt

I wonder how long before Nynaeve gets around to trying to heal and re-attach severed limbs? 

After that comes the idea of transplants(if the Aes Sedai can learn about blood types and tissue rejection), maybe Rand can regain his lost hand.

That would be cool if she did. If anyone can do it, it would be Nynaeve. They do make it sound like anything short of death is able to be healed, and I'm pretty sure that she at least believes that. It'll be nice, if Rand beats the DO, then she could spend more time studying healing like she wants to.

Forgot about that.

Though it's possible she will come across something that will help her figure it out.

Or just her normal stubbornness will drive her figure something out.

Or maybe somebody will figure out how to make a prosthetic ter'angreal.  :D

• 1 month later...

I am currently re-reading The Shadow Rising when i noticed a quote from Nyneave in Chapter 5 discussing stilling, she says "It is generally accepted to be irreversible. What makes a woman able to channel cannot be replaced once it is removed, any more than a hand that has been cut off can be Healed back into existence."

From that i take it that Nyneave will heal Rand and give him his hand back at some point before TG.

Anbody got any other thoughts? or do people concur?

I don't think it will happen. Rand's body is ruined and I believe it'll stay that way until he dies. It would be too easy, fortunate and predictable to have Nynaeve come up with yet another miracle. Rand's hand is gone. Even if Nynaeve wanted to, Rand would not give her the time to experiment with the power anyway.

If Rands hand had been nicely cut off, I am sure nynaeve could have figured out a way to reattach it. But, there is no stump to reattach.

I have never undersood this obsession with Rands hand. It is gone, deal with it. It is not like the Last Battle will be fought by Rand and the DO dueling eachother with swords...

Archived