DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rose Acadamy

Durinax

Anyone else get pissed off when elayne took rands school in caemlyn, dedicated it to her mother, renamed it, etc. but after she made that decision she made sure that the funs from rand being moved to caemlyn from cairhein was untracable?

Dont get me wrong I like elaynes character, I just intensely hate this decision of hers, it would be alright if she refused rands money, and changed things at teh school, its quite another to take that money and change things to honour her mother and andor neither which are doing anything to assist the school

Anyone else get pissed off when elayne took rands school in caemlyn, dedicated it to her mother, renamed it, etc. but after she made that decision she made sure that the funs from rand being moved to caemlyn from cairhein was untracable?

I absolutely missed that, when did it happen?  What book and chapter(and pages if possible) I'll have to pay more attention in my next reread, the parts with Elayne are just so tedious that they are hard to concentrate on.

I won't lie, I skipped every Elayne POV from the Cleansing onward in my reread. I know someone will hate me for this but I really do not like her. She's the least progressed character maturity wise (Including Mat; Mat from tDR was more mature than Elayne) and isn't half as great a leader as she thinks. My favorite character will be whoever it is who kills Elayne. Even if they later kill Mat, Perrin and Moiraine.

Short answer: Yes, the Rose Academy thing was another low-blow added to the pile she's stacking up. Removing all traces of the Dragon Reborn from Caemlyn and then having his child, anyone?  ???

removing Rands troops and such from caemlyn was a good move and understandable considering that she does not want to be a pawn of rands, and she wishes to win the throne on her own merit, although I am not happy with her for not acknoledging that rand kept the throne open long enough that she could come back and claim it though

removing Rands troops and such from caemlyn was a good move and understandable considering that she does not want to be a pawn of rands, and she wishes to win the throne on her own merit, although I am not happy with her for not acknoledging that rand kept the throne open long enough that she could come back and claim it though

I understand and agree with her removal of Rand's power from Caemlyn, but she basically hushed him out and pretended Rand had never been to Caemlyn. I even agree with her decision not to reveal the father's identity, but she went too far with just about everything else.

A cup of Tea ch 9 WH

Thank you.  This really really annoys me.  The Witch should have started her own Academy, then both academies could have competed in football, and I am not talking about that pansy ass fut-boll they play in Europe.

A cup of Tea ch 9 WH

Thank you.  This really really annoys me.  The Witch should started her own Academy, then both academies could have competed in football, and I am not talking about that pansy ass fut-ball they play in Europe.

Harsh man. That was the first kind of "football" and personally i think "futbal americano" is one of the dumbest sports on the face of this planet. Im a huge fan of soccer, or futball depending on your region.

Rugby is where it's at. As an American who has visited Australia I can assure you that Football really isn't that great. Cricket is still the worst sport I've encountered though. It's all opinionated of course.  ;)

Rugby is where it's at. As an American who has visited Australia I can assure you that Football really isn't that great. Cricket is still the worst sport I've encountered though. It's all opinionated of course.  ;)

Agreed. Cricket is horrid. And Rugby is freakin hardcore. Like some crazy mix of kick-boxing, soccer (futball), and football. In-freakin sane.

A cup of Tea ch 9 WH

Thank you.  This really really annoys me.  The Witch should started her own Academy, then both academies could have competed in football, and I am not talking about that pansy ass fut-ball they play in Europe.

Harsh man. That was the first kind of "football" and personally i think "futbal americano" is one of the dumbest sports on the face of this planet. Im a huge fan of soccer, or futball depending on your region.

Yes it was harsh, sorry I am on edges leading up to the all important NFL draft this Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

I have given this some thought: If I had to go into battle along side a sports team I'll take a football team over a rugby team any day.  Like I said earlier I am a bit preocupated with the NFL draft coming up...  I believe I have been overloaded with it.  It's all opinionated of course. 

It is now time for me to start another reread of the WoT starting at The Great Hunt. I have to do something to keep me busy until september when the NFL season gets underway again.

Archived